“A Decent Indian Option in Dayton” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 68 Restaurants in Miamisburg
Cuisines: Indian
West Carrollton, Ohio
“A Decent Indian Option in Dayton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Only visited this establishment one time. I had a lunch meeting and chose Kohinoor Palace and an option over Amar India. In general the quality & taste were not up to the general standard of other Indian restaurants in the community. Overall, it was OK but nothing to distinguish itself. The service was typical for Indian places in the area, the basics are taking care of but wait staff is standoffish. Atmosphere is average, nothing extraordinary. We apparently overstayed our welcome for our meeting. During a warm day, the A/C was cut to the dining room and eventually we were asked to leave. We had stayed late but there are polite ways to say that the dining room is closing. It seemed that they just wanted to get rid of customers after they got what they needed. In general, Kohinoor Palace is not bad, but there is nothing to separate them from the pack. In fact, they lag a little behind the pack.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, GA
“Descent Indian cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This Indian restaurant managed by the husband-wife duo provides descent Indian cuisine. Food served is fresh, hot and sufficient in quantity. The ambiance and decor of the restaurant is average. They also deliver food within local distance.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great dinner at Kohinoor Palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We were travelling fron ontario to new orleans during holidays we found Kohinoor Palace thru my iphone it was late night they were about to close but they told us come in and took good care of us we felt like we are visiting family and food was just great overall it was nice little stop in dayton

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Missouri
“Won't be returning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I had been to Kohinoor in the past, without issue. In fact, I had been rather impressed. That was over a year ago, however, and things had definitely changed on my most recent visit. Although the ambiance was still lovely, the quality had declined significantly. There wasn't even ice in the water, the service was slow, and the food had declined to mediocrity.

My biggest complaint, however, was that after eating there I developed a really severe case of food poisoning that lasted for a full week. This prompted me to read their health board reviews, which are not glowing. Needless to say, I won't be going back again. I don't know what happened in the year between visits (i.e. change of owner or management?) but it's really a shame.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
vancouver
“Best Indian food i ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

I am very much familier with indian food I am from Canada.I was in miamisburg just for one weekend i tried the food at this place was amazing.I never had lamb achari before was out of the world. i will be back if i come to this neighbourhood.