“Average stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Miamisburg
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Average stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The hotel was fairly nice, but nothing spectacular. It's located in a convenient area with shopping and highways nearby. The room was large and pretty much what you would expect at a Doubletree. There were a few minor cleanliness issues in the room. For example, the TV looked kind of like a dog had rubbed it's nose all over the glass.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your stay overall. We apologize for the cleanliness issues and are addressing this with our housekeeping staff. Thank you, and we hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the area.

Kelly Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

So, uh, well, the breakfast was free, so that's good. The room itself was large, so that was good.

That's about it. Bed, Food, Gym, Service, Room cleaniness, parts of the room or hotel that function properly, that all came in below par. Problem with room keys not working, front desk was like" oh well, this must not be working" It seems like this is a common excuse they say frequently to guests.

Room Tip: Some rooms has flat screen TVs, of course they are way too large for the space they are designed to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We have recently responded to our guest comments regarding flat screen TVs and we are pleased to now offer 37" and 42" TVs in each of our guest rooms!

We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with the room as well as the room keys. Thank you for alerting us to this issue. We hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area.

Saint Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Doubletree Hotels are not consistent, some are excellent, some are dated and in need of a thorough cleaning. This is an example of the latter! The beds, surfaces in the rooms, bathroom fixtures, dining room: all need updating, replacement, or deep cleaning. I found the hotel to be noisy as well. There are a dozen or more hotels at this exit. This Doubletree is priced less than other Doubletrees, but you will be happier paying a little more for the Homewood Suites next door or the Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We are sorry for your experience on a stay at our property back in April of this year. I would like to invite you to return to see the many improvements made to our proerty since that time. We now have flat screen TVs and of course our SERVICE continues to be above par with other hotels in the area! Won't you please give us another chance to WOW you on a future visit?

Columbusohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was looking for a place to take a small gruop-(16)-on a golf trip.And after calling serveral placesand internet seaching I came across this place. We were greeted promply upon arriving and was immediately checked in with little delay. Once the clerk saw how many of us were there at one time another clerk came out of no where and assisted-you don't get that very often these days and both were smiling- anyway cutting to the chase. The rooms were large with a seperate seating area and very very clean. The decor was updated and you felt like you were being treated like GUESTS. Now I know a group of guys usualy don't care much the decor or type of room -(I've been doing this for 40-some years now with little feed back)- but everyone was extremely happy with the room and service and ask that I seek out this brand of hotel on our next outings. VERY UNUSUAL. The breakfast buffet was above average and well laid out so there was very little congrestion at all. It did seems a liitle high-($12) for adults and $8 for child but we received breakfast vouchers with our stay. The buffet was kept full and cleaned often so no trouble there. All in all a good stay,good service, and friendly faces. So if you are in the area pass all the other hotels and keep this place in mind, you will not be disappointed. Now my problem is findling another place like this on our next trip..enjoy

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time on your recent golf getaway to say a few kind words on TripAdvisor! We are one of the best kept secrets in our area. Thanks for recognizing this in your review! We look forward to your return visit when you are in the area!

Port Orange, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The service and check in is a bit slow, however the room was very comfortable, large, and great value.

The rooms could use better lighting. This is a nice set up for business or pleasure.
Wish there had been lunch service.

Even tho I try to always stay at Marriott's I would stay here again.

Room Tip: it can be a long trip to the ice machine--ask for a room nearby if you like fresh ice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bellbrook, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

My children and I came here for a weekend getaway. I personally have never witnessed a front desk employee ruder than this woman,she was a blonde older woman,with no name tag,go figure. I was checking out and collecting my cash deposit on my room, and said you get $9.00 something cents back! Really? I paid 40.00 for incidentals....she argued with me, little did she know about my situation! I called the first night cause the sofa bed was completely broken,as my son had to sleep on the small couch, the front desk lady Kim said I could move you, I said no way its late. She said she would talk to the manager in the morning, and she did, I was being comped or something and also spent 50.00 on breakfast that was completely cold.so they comped me that. The blonde lady.threw a tantrum accusing me of wanting all this free stuff,cause I said I worked at a hotel before and never treated my guests with disrespect! She said of course your trying to get free stuff, I basically told her I wasn't listening to her and talked with the manager who was the only REAL professional there and did notice the invoice was wrong. Old lady kept chiming in never had a clue about the situation,stomping her feet like a 2 yr old.
Accusing me of absurd stuff, I said to manger, all I would like back is my incidentals 40.00 nothing else! So here I am, telling the world about a terrible experience.Don't waste your money,this place is outdated and customer service was beyond terrible,that woman should have been fired on the spot! It sure was a sight to see! Just beware!

• Stayed October 2012
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
I’m very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. It’s disheartening to hear of your experience and I can assure you this is not typical of our hotel staff. We’ve addressed these issues with our front desk and hope that next time you’re in the area you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can make this right.

Warner Robins, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was my third stay at this hotel- all during the AF Marathon; location near hwy is easy to get to events (15 min drive) and not over priced as closer hotels. Same style of room each time, 2 room- king size suite. I've never had any problems here- comfortable and nice staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South? Share your experiences!