I have stayed here many times and have had very good experiences. My last visit will be my last. I had reserved a three room unit that has a conference table in one of the rooms. I needed that for business reasons this visit. I planned on a four day stay. When I arrived late in the evening, I was told I was booked into a normal King room. I told them that was incorrect. After a minute of research, the desk person.(Who was exceptionally nice and friendly) told me that the room I booked was out of service. They were booked full and I had no other room options. I wasn't pleased, but took the room they had for me. I thought I could make it work. The room I was given was a handicap accessible room. Once again, I thought I could live with that. The final straw was the shower. It was the typical handheld shower found in most handicap accessible rooms. It would only spray into the wall unless you held it. So for me to take a shower, I had to bend down due to my height and also hold the sprayer with one hand. I know that is trivial but. it was really just too much for me. I checked out that morning. My business plans were interupted due to the lack of a workspace anyway. I like this property, but if I cannot be 100% certain that I will receive the room I book, I just will not return. I know things happen that can't be controlled, but a simple phone call would have solved all of my issues. The room I booked is too specific to be replaced easily. I work in the Car Rental business and we have similar problems with vehicles that cannot be substituted (12 Passenger Vans). I did receive a voicemail from someone a few days later after I left a comment about my displeasure. I am not interested in an apology or discount/refund. I am not normally someone who complains. I just want my travel to be productive and efficient. I cannot rely on this property for that going forward. That being said, if you are visiting and are considering this location, it is a very nice place with an extremely friendly staff. It is clean and very quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all-suite hotel is conveniently located in Miamisburg, Oh off of I-75 and 2 miles from I-675. Host a family weekend away with separate living and sleeping areas or a business function in our flexible meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Dayton South Hotel Miamisburg
- Doubletree Hotel Dayton Miamisburg
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Dayton South Miamisburg, Ohio