“All around nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early. Save 20%!
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Miamisburg
Morristown, NJ
“All around nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is my hotel of choice when I'm in Dayton. They did a great job when they redid the rooms a few years ago and it's a very comfortable hotel to stay at. The food in the restaurant is good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank you for choosing us! We are glad that you had a chance to experience our restaurant as well and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

We did a lot of research looking for a hotel and this one certainly looked the best. It did not disappoint. Although some things were standard (no 'flatscreens'), the rooms and common areas were nicely decorated, clean, and modern. Most importantly- comfortable pillows and down comforters (with duvets of course) on the beds.

Most notably, we were in town for a funeral and expecting a horrible and depressing experience in Dayton. However, the service and staff were amazing and so kind. No hassle about checking 2 more adults into my suite, the bartender was accidentally inquisitive but responded with so much empathy and warmth, they kept the pool open later for us when we all wanted to sit and reminisce in the hot tub, they gave us plates and cloth napkins for our take-out food. Just overall above and beyond.

Room Tip: The suites were perfectly comfortable for 4
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review of our hotel and the staff. We are sorry that such a sad time brought you to us, but we are glad that we were able to make your experience here in Dayton a more comfortable one. Please think of us if your travels bring you back to the area.

Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Very friendly, polite staff. I booked two rooms on-line through the hotel website. One suite was a smoking room and when we arrived we were given the option of either a smoking room on the third floor or a non-smoking suite with a balcony on the second floor directly across the hall from the rest of our group. We opted for the balcony suite and it worked out very nice. Would have been really great in the summer as it overlooks the pool.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Waynesville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I really don't understand the previous people's reviews. My families visit to this hotel was great! When we was still deciding on which hotel, this one was glad to give us a tour. The young lady was very nice and very informative. She showed us everything, and at the end even gave us each a cookie from the restaurant. After touring the hotel I decided to book this hotel. When we came to check in the Front desk Manager, I believe her name was Susanne, was very nice from the get go. She even changed our room number after I decided it would be nice to have a room near the pool. Speaking of the pool, it was awesome. It was clean and warm. The hot tub was awesome, I love how the hot tub is connected to the pool and you don't have to walk a ways to get in the pool, which can be a cold walk. The hotel itself is extremely clean and the rooms are very clean. the beds are very very comfortable! The maid service is awesome. I had NO problem contacting the front desk when I needed something. The rooms are huge, I love how the beds are in a separate room. I had NO problems with the TV, great reception! The restaurant staff was very nice, and checked often to see if we needed anything. The food is very good and great variety. We will definitely stay again and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South, responded to this review, February 20, 2011
We are so grateful that you took the time to write such a favorable review! We take all of our reviews seriously and welcome your positive feedback. We maintain that the hotel staff here is the nicest that you will find anywhere around! We are commited to making our guests feel welcomed and appreciated. Our housekeeping, maintenance, food and beverage and front desk staffs continue to strive for excellence and to exceed our guest's expectations. Please come stay with us again soon!

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South
Londonderry, NH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed here three nights between Christmas and New Years while visiting with family in the area. On the first night, when we turned on the TV the reception was terrible. The same unwatchable reception was on both TVs. I called the front desk but no one answered the phone. I let it ring and ring but no person answered, no machine answered, nothing. I tried several times. I tried the "Front Desk" button. I tried the "Operator" button. But no answer. The same thing happened the second night. No one answered the phone so I walked down to the office and told the desk clerk about the TV and she said it would be fixed. A maintenance man came and attempted to fix it but he could not so he offered to let us move to the next room. My wife is in a wheelchair so moving was a big deal but we agreed. There was a placard in our room that said on Wednesday there would be a Manager's Meet and Great in the bar at 5 PM offering wine and snacks. We were looking forward to that but when we went, us and several other couples were told it had been canceled and it had been canceled every week for some time. A reason we choose to stay st this hotel was the indoor pool but every time we wanted to use it there were so many boisterous children using it that we decided to pass. One night we planned to go the pool for the adult swim after 10PM but even though they were not supposed to be there, children were still in the pool. The employees in the area that had to be aware of those children did not require their parents to obey the rule. Last but not least, these rooms are not very sound proof and there was noise from other guests that kept us awake until after 1AM. Every night we were disturbed by slamming doors, shouting, shrieking, noisy, inconsiderate guests.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

My family planned a small reunion at the Doubletree Guest Suites Miamisburg Ohio. My sister was the main contact person with the hotel for reserving guest rooms. She had the toughest time getting with the sales department, which I don't even think they have a person doing sales, and with the small amount of reservations book, half of the reservations were wrong. We were told we would have breakfast included, but at check-in were told that was not the right price with breakfast. Check-in was at 3pm and at 3:30pm when my family arrived no rooms were available yet 'because they had a large check out that morning' - get some housekeepers!

The restaurant is ran by the Bartender and it seems the kitchen cook staff just hangs out in the restaurant to bide the time to have the dishwasher cook the food. I had a concern about my over priced steak (for a hotel restaurant with no name) so I asked for a manager and I was told there was none. There was not even a manager for the front desk to talk to. It was good the rest of our family plans were outside of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Fort Myers
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I got an incredible rate, so I have to say my expectations were a little low given the fact that this is a Doubletree property. The room was relatively clean, although there were stains on the carpet and on some of the decor. The area seemed pretty secure, and there was only a little noise from the interstate.

We had reservations for two nights, and the strange events started as we returned back after our first day in Dayton. First, the reservation had been changed to one night, even though I had a confirmation for two. Then the rate was different than the reservation confirmation. After returning, the front desk called to ask if we intended to check out, which we obviously did not. Exhausted by the days events and developments, we decided to take a nap. Thankfully, we didn't choose to enjoy some "alone time" as a housekeeper barged in to the room without knocking to ask us if we planned on checking out. That was a nice surprise as we tried to nap.

All in all, the reservation issue was fixed, the rate was changed back to the one in the confirmation, and the alarm clock was changed out. It was the strangest stay in a hotel I think I've ever had.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South, responded to this review, January 23, 2011
Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us. I am glad that our staff was able to correct their mistakes and I am sorry for any inconvenience that they may have caused you. We try hard here to learn from our short -commings and we will use the experience that you have shared as a "teach and train" opportunity. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance to "wow" you with our customer service on a future stay.

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton-South

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Dayton South? Share your experiences!