“Business Traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 Contemporary Lane, Miamisburg, OH 45342   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Pick an Offer Just 4 You!
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Miamisburg
Minden, Nevada
“Business Traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My customer recommended this hotel and introduced me to General Manager Mark Langdon, a truly inspired and committed host. I have over 100,000 miles of travel in 2012 and have never stayed in a cleaner or friendlier hotel. There is NO dust in my room; I looked! Bedding and towels are crisp and clean, fully equipped kitchen and everything in excellent working order. Breakfast and a real dinner with a varying menu is provided Monday through Thursday with your accommodations. The menu is posted on the refigerator door in your room. There are a lot of hotels to choose from in this neighborhood; all the usual suspects. You can't miss with this one.
Thank You Mark and staff. I had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: I didn't check our other rooms, but Suite 203 is great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
inndeep, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
You are very welcome! We can't wait to host you again when you return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I can write and entire book about how good this hotel is but like I always do, I am going to keep it to the point:

Pros:

1) Super internet speed - AT&T
2) Nice big rooms
3) Fabulous toiletries
4) Best breakfast and dinner I have had in a hotel
5) Amazing staff - meet Ryan, Jessica, Losanya and Heather; great folks!
6) Very good coffee - not cheap stuff like other places
7) Good beds
8) Very good location - Walmart, Dollor Tree, McDonalds, Red Lobster, Macy's & Dayton Mall all within 2 miles
9) Non-stick cookware in the kitchen - not many hotels provide this; small but helpful
10) Full kitchen with refrigrator
11) Availability of smoking rooms
12) Good housekeeping (thank you Heather)

Cons:

1) Limited TV channels
2) Analog thermostat controls

By far, one of the best hotels in my view; great value for money - highly recommended if you're coming to Dayton area! Great job!

Room Tip: The property is big, you may want to chose a 'close to the elevator' room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you VERY much for pointing out the differentiating amenities that the Homewood Suites provides. It is this value that makes us what we are! I also appreciate the areas that we can improve, and good news! Both items have been updated! We have replaced all thermostats with energy saving electronic devices, and also updated our television channel lineup! Keep the feedback coming! We really want to continually improve to keep our #1 ranking!
Kernersville, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Perfect place for family leisure trip. Indoor pool would have been the only thing missing. Room temp controls are outdated and took some time to figure how to maintain temp in room. Staff was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
inndeep, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
A special thanks for your kind words regarding your stay! We appreciate it when our efforts are recognized! Regarding the thermostats, we are actually in the middle of replacing them all and should be done shortly, however, it looks like you didn't get one of our completed suites! We'll have them all done shortly for your next visit! I will pass your compliments onto the staff as well! Thanks for choosing us!
Saint Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

There must be a dozen hotels at this exit, and this Homewood Suites is my choice after trying several of them. It's clean, quiet, and offers a great value- not the cheapest but the most for what they charge. Don't stay at the Doubletree next door! Dirty and dated. The Courtyard is ok, but this Homewood offers meals, more space, and better service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Truly appreciate your recommendation! And thanks for pointing out our philosophy of having the best value, not necessarily the lowest rate! Our suites and everything that is included, breakfast and dinner especially, do make us a great choice, so far as we are doing our part to extend the best service possible, and we're glad to hear that we did in your case! Look us up the next time you're in the area! We'll be waiting!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hotel is very nice and clean. Staff are really friendly and go the extra mile to make your stay good. Small problem with phone and maintenance was right there fixing it up. Thank you Gene the maintenance tech. You were great to talk to and really helped out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for the rave review! I will make sure that your comments are passed along to our associates, and especially those that are named specifically for special recognition! We look forward to seeing you again when you return to the area!
kona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for a couple of times (altogether 15 days) during a difficult time for my family. Ryan, at the front desk, has given us the same suite we have had before without hesitation. From the start to finish, the staff were so friendly that we memorized names of more than a half of them. We sure enjoyed their evening one dish meal from Monday to Thursday too. How do they do it, I don't have any idea, but my husband and I highly recommend this hotel.
After staying in Northern Europe, and felt their precise, but cool way of handling customers, I just loved Homewood Suites' friendliness and warm welcoming so much more. They almost made us feel like a family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I just want to take a moment to thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. I will make sure to pass along your comments to the entire staff, and specifically to Ryan for his special mention! And although we may not be related, we'll work harder to make you feel like family, as almost is not good enough for us! ;-) We'll see you when you return!
Ellenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was my 3rd stay here in 2012. All 3 have been great experiences. Staff who actually seem to remember you (tho how they could with all the people they must see throughout the year amazes me!). The staff were all helpful and friendly, from my housekeeper (thanks Heather!) to the GM Mark, whom I observed at both dinner and breakfast circulating among the guests seeking out where he could help someone. The room was good, bed comfortable for me - as my husband and I disagree on mattresses in general I expect some travelers to either really like the beds or really not like them! As Homewood includes a full breakfast AND dinner, I truly feel I received great value for the cost. The dinners were tasty, filling, plentiful and INCLUDED. As a female traveling alone, the ability to enjoy a good meal with a glass of wine after working all day with the added bonus of NOT having to do the 'after work restaurant hunt in the dark in a place I am simply not familiar with' was a true blessing and in my opinion, safer for me! The room does show some age and use, couch arm stained and starting to show fraying, the curtains seem a touch dated, and I would have preferred a cordless phone to the style they have. As I have travelled for 15 years, I have come to expect things like this unless the hotel is brand new or just completely overhauled. Bottom line, great stay, great place, great value for the money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you VERY much for your complimentary response! I will pass along your kudos to the staff, and especially to those specifically mentioned! I am glad to hear that your stay met your expectations! Also, thank you even more for your specific comments on what we can do to improve. We use our guests' feedback to plan our improvements and make changes on a continual basis! We look forward to seeing you when you return!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South? Share your experiences!