“Great value in Dayton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg

You added Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   155 Prestige Place, Miamisburg, OH 45342   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miamisburg
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great value in Dayton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We found the hotel to be perfect for a travel me when in Dayton. The location near the highway was very convenient for us. The room itself was spacious having a kitchen living area and even a fireplace. It was really like a little apartment. The staff at the hotel were very helpful to us in finding directions to various atttactions in Dsyton. Everything in our room and in the hotel was very clean. The outside areas of the hotel seemed dated to us but they were working on them and trying to to renovate the place. Breakfast was very nice there were cereals, baked goods, waffles, and fresh fruit.

This was a good value on our travels through Ohio.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Mason
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Hotwire "Hotrate" suggested I would get a 3-star hotel for $53. This hotel was suppose to have an original price of $139. I ended up paying more through hotwire.com to stay at this hotel than I would have paid directly. Hotwire.com is a scam. The direct price was $50. This hotel was decent, considering the low direct rate price. It had a good mattress and updated bathroom. The rest of the room felt dingy and dirty. The couch smelled like marijuana. This might have been an upscale place 15-20 years ago, but now it is basically a weekly rate hotel for people that are down on their luck. The breakfast was packed and was like eating at a homeless shelter. The lady running breakfast did a great job, however and was working her tail off. I would not stay here again, because to me a weekly rate motel does not translate to a "3-star" hotel. I guess it does in Dayton Ohio. At one point I was told they were,"out of sheets." Also, they didn't have full cleaning every day. They had a cleaning schedule instead. I had trouble for two days getting the internet to connect. This is 2013, i shouldn't have internet service like it is 1999. Somehow the contrast on the TV was turned to dark, and the remote didn't have any menu functions. Basically, we couldn't watch TV the whole time. That is not 3-star service. I am more angry with Hotwire.com, because for the direct price this is a fair deal, but it was never a 3 star hotel with an original rate of $139. Also, Hotwire customer service was obnoxious and rude and acted like I was an idiot for taking a chance with their Hotrate and I was SOL and was stuck staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was clean, and beds were comfortable, but we had a room overlooking the pool area on the inside. I've stayed at these types of hotels before, and the rooms were always sound proofed so you didn't hear the noise from down below. Not this one! Party was still going on at 10 pm complete with ping pong that made me nuts the first night. There is also a deck that goes around the perimeter and kids were running up and down past my room. Not fun.

The next night was much quieter but I was not happy that the trash outside in the wastebasket was overflowing and still overflowing when we left after 2 days. They allow pets there, which is fine, but I would rather they have a cordoned off area for people to walk their dogs. Woe to those that cut through the grass to their car!

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the parking lot, not the inside!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cardington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hotel is being updated on the outside but the inside of the rooms need updated the room was clean but the mattress was old and my husband and I rolled in the middle, the check-in clerk are very helpful and the breakfast was great. The price was fair but I won't stay again unless the beds are updated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg? Share your experiences!