You added Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Miamisburg
Port Huron, Michigan
“Great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I would never have chosen this hotel if it had not been for the reviews. It is old, but very clean and spacious. Our room had a full kitchen, very comfortable bed, and some bathroom updates. The girl at the front desk was very personable and the breakfast was good. A very good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear JPTown,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! In addition, we appreciate that you gave our hotel a chance. We are an older hotel however, we work hard to maintain cleanliness and superior guest service. I am glad you found both to be true. If you are traveling in the Dayton area again we hope to see you.
Aletha Dillinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lorain, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed at this locations alot and I go down and book a rm 1 a month due to visiting family. The rms are spacious luv having a full kitchen and my own door. (no more having to walk pass front desk when you leave.) My only problem is the don"t update things like alarm clocks and you need to keep a eye on things due to staff that cleans don't replenish things like coffee,sugar,& creamer everyday. But for the money its a great place to stay.

Room Tip: For the money its a great place to stay. Like having your own little apt. Lots of parking and the st...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Sandi S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to pass along to the room attendants your comments. We value comments that make us a better hotel.
Next time you are here, I hope to meet you.
Dansville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our suite needed some refurbishment to avoid the beginnings of an almost-shabby appearance (for example, the toilet tank cover was chipped and did not fit the tank; and carpets, curtains & drapes were showing visible signs of wear). However the suite was clean, and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds my wife and I have ever slept in. The kitchen dishes and cooking utensils were adequate, but only barely. The toilet space was unnecessarily cramped due to placement of the dividing wall. The wi-fi service and equipment power outlets were satisfactory. The big-box TV had a large screen and a good picture, and worked just as well as our new flat-screen TV's at home. We stayed for four nights, in a ground-floor unit, and although the facility was fully booked we did not experience any difficulty finding a parking space very near our unit. The breakfast service all four mornings was exemplary -- many hot-dish choices which varied every day, and the fruit was fresh. The main complaint with the suite was that we could hear the folks upstairs changing their minds -- well, tying their shoes, anyway. But altogether this suite was satisfactory for our purposes, at a very reasonable rate. We found the office staff friendly, patient and helpful -- attributes which we as paying guests try to cultivate by being patient and polite ourselves.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Larry H.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I see you were informed we are in the process of changing out the mattresses. We are looking forward to seeing you again, and please introduce yourself.
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed at the Hawthorn Suites in Lubbock, TX several years ago and LOVED it, so I didn't hesitate to book this one; good chain, good reviews, great rate, just do it, right? Never again.

On the outside this place looks like it could be absolutely charming, about a dozen two-story cottages scattered around, with daffodils blooming, The gal at the front desk, Caesaré, was lovely and professional, with excellent customer service. Beyond the front desk, however, you find something else.

The pros: the room is very spacious, there's a full kitchen with table settings and cooking equipment, an outlet at the desk for charging a laptop, etc., the internet is free, the bed is comfortable enough, the toilet works, and the sinks drain. The cons: Parking is so limited that I had a long walk, in the dark, in the rain, with my bags, by myself, along crooked sidewalks and up two flights of stairs to reach my room. The room has inadequate lighting, the furniture is quite dated, the TV is ancient, and it just feels - well - creepy. The internet access code apparently changed at midnight (Saturday to Sunday) so when I got up early in the morning to take care of some business I couldn't get online and there was no answer at the front desk. At 7-ish I finally reached the front desk clerk, Crystal, who semi-rudely informed me that the codes change every Sunday, no apology for my inability to get online, no offer to suggest to management that Saturday-night guests be given the new access code.

I went to the "hot breakfast buffet" at 7 am to find some strange whipped concoction they called "eggs", cardboard sausage, bitter coffee, and old fruit. I went back to my room hungry, took care of the business I wanted to do earlier, and quickly packed because by now I was running behind schedule.

Check-out was easy and quick, but 20 minutes up the road I realized I left my snow boots in the closet. Called Crystal, she promised to send housekeeping right away to retrieve them, and they would be waiting in the front office the next morning so I could pick them up on my way back through Dayton. Great...or so I thought.

The next morning, no boots were waiting for me. 45 minutes later, after Crystal said, "I called the head housekeeper", the head housekeeper said, "No she didn't", the manager (Sanjay?) said, "Maybe the maid decided to keep them" (excuse me?), the room was checked, closets were checked, then the maid said, "I put them in the trash" (even though hotel policy is to keep items 30 days - ?), the manager said, "Sorry, the trash was picked up this morning" (you actually believe the maid??) but refunded what I had paid for the room. Today, ordering a new pair of the same snow boots, I find that the room refund only covers half the cost. The whole experience leaves me absolutely speechless. Unbelievable.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Aimless,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are in the process of updating many items at the hotel, including the televisions. We hope that you do return to our hotel later in the year after we have made the updates.
Sault Ste.Marie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Recently stayed here with three adults and two kids. There penthouse suite was perfect with a double bed in one room, a double up in the loft and a pull out sofa we are slept comfortably. Front desk agent Taylor recommended the Rusty Bucket for dinner which was excellent. Breakfast the next morning was really good with eggs, hashbrowns, ham, pancakes, waffles and cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. Will stay here again when passing through Dayton.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Emyleigh2005,
Thank you for all your kind words and taking the time to review our hotel. The two bedroom penthouse is wonderful for families. With 2 bathrooms and tv's in the room as well as the full kitchen it is the best option. Breakfast can be expensive when eating out with a family, I am glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet!
Glasgow, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

What a surprise ! This is just like a condo. Very clean and well kept. The staff was great. Breakfast was really good. Will stay there again and again. Very quiet.

Room Tip: Check for travel coupons !
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you took the time out of your schedule. So glad that you were able to enjoy the hot breakfast buffet. We hope to see you soon!
Morgantown, wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Everything was fine at this hotel, right across from the mall, great price! Just off the interstate. Clean, comfortable, quiet, good breakfast.

Room Tip: all are fine
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind remarks. It seems that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast buffet. Please return in the summer to enjoy the pool and even use the BBQ grill and picnic area!
Aletha Dillinger

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton Mall South Miamisburg? Share your experiences!