“Grandkids like TGIF, we enjoy taking them there” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Mentor, Ohio, USA
“Grandkids like TGIF, we enjoy taking them there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Menu has variety, prices are decent, service is pleasant. Best thing: last time we took the grandkids there (ages 14, 12, and 10), the manager came over to ask how we were enjoying our meal, and he treated the kids with the same courtesy and attention he gave the adults. Made us all feel good!

Visited September 2013

Chardon
“Disappointing Ribs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We like bbq ribs, we do cook them at home and my husband does a great job. We decided to order the Jack Daniels ribs. We have eaten at a lot of TGIFridays all over the country, usually pretty good food. These ribs were blah, they really had no taste. We will not recommend and tell people to avoid. We do not complain at the restaurant, just tell people not to order them and will not again. We will still go to TGIFridays, just order something else.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mentor, Ohio
“This particular Fridays is AWESOME”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've been to other Fridays, and although the menu is the same, the food never seems to be as good. Something about management in the kitchen and getting lucky with some good cooks results in some of the best food you can get in the area for this class of dining. No, it's not upscale, but compared to every other chain I've ever been to - this one is my favorite. The meals are good portions and the meats, whether they be beef, steak, or seafood, are always cooked just right! The food is always seasoned perfectly, too! My only complaint is the salads that accompany the meals (if you choose one as a side) aren't as good as they used to be a few years ago. They seem to be lacking in something...I just don't know what. The croutons are different and the Italian/balsamic dressing isn't as good as it used to be. But whatever... Oh, and if you're wondering why this rating only had 4/5 is because the mixed drinks are never consistent. Sometimes they are really good and sometimes they suck. It depends on the bartender. Some are good and some aren't. They need more consistency, with that, but besides that...everything is great! The staff is on point and I've never had bad service there. They are casual, friendly, and fast. I went to the TGI Fridays in Westlake and the food wasn't that great, it was dead in there but it still took forever to get our food and checks...I'll never go back to that one. I even wrote a note for the server on the credit card receipt that I signed: "Move faster!". But I still knew how awesome the Mentor location was so this is still me and my husband's go-to spot. Good job, guys!! See you next week! lol There's a drop down to say when we visited...I'll pick the latest but it's literally every week! Oh, one other thing...they always have great deals going on and the stripes program rocks!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very friendly service, but you'll wait forever for drinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went here for dinner on a Saturday night around 4. Because we got there early, we didn't have to wait at all to be seated, which was great. Our server was SO nice, and we all ordered drinks from the bar right away. It took at least 10-15 minutes to get them. Same thing happened with the second round we bought. The second round seemed to take even longer than the first!

The food was very good, and the people were great. They just really need to work on getting drinks out faster.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Not your Friday's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Got there - rushed to table, menus thrown down on table. Barely got any service from uncaring waitress. Beer was warm - salad was great! Would not return.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere