“Very Nice Breakfast Alternative” 4 of 5 stars

Mentor Avenue, Mentor, OH
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 165 Restaurants in Mentor
Cuisines: American
“Very Nice Breakfast Alternative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had breakfast here this past Saturday . Place was packed but we got seated within 10 minutes. Food was generously portioned and excellent. Service was courteous and friendly. Coffee was poor in taste. If they could fix that, they'd be unstoppable in this location. Fantastic first impression! We'll be back! Good going for a franchise. A cut above Bob Evans.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mentor, Ohio
“Way below my expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This new place is not off to a good start in my book. It's Saturday morning, 8am. Place is only 10% full yet I wait and wait for a hostess to seat me. She's off doing other things other than seating a waiting customer. I get seated, nice waitress takes my order for Eggs Benedict (harvest style) and coffee. Nice John Mayer tune in the background. My order comes in a reasonable time.
To put it shortly, the meal was bland beyond the spinach and tomato flavors The sauce on the eggs was nearly undetectable by taste. I was bummed. $12.78 for this meal was a waste of my money. And I am sorry to say this, but there was a small black hair up in the corner or my plate, yuck! It was not in my food, so I wiped it away with my napkin finished my food, paid my bill and left, never to return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Willoughby, Ohio
“The Eggs...Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I don't usually review chain restaurants. I try not to eat at them. But I had a half hour to kill during an oil change and I had never heard of this place so I stopped. Boy, was it good! When I saw the slick menu, I realized Scrambler Marie's had to be a chain. Not a huge chain, but there were quite a few locations in Michigan and other parts of Ohio. I was in there though, so I gave it a try.

I looked to the omelets first. They were huge four egg omelets...not for me. So with scrambler in the name, I ordered two scrambled eggs, bacon and a English muffin. I asked for a side of hash browns, too and was assured they were part of my breakfast. Being a little Irish girl, I'm not fond of restaurants that don't include hash browns with eggs. It's just not right! When my breakfast was quickly delivered, the scrambled eggs were the very best I had ever eaten. The hash browns were not bad either.

I'm not in that neighborhood very often but I'm looking forward to visiting this Scrambler Marie's again. The server was fast and friendly, the place was clean and the prices were good. I might even stop if I'm ever driving past another Scrambler Marie's. Hopefully the chain won't grow so fast that it becomes too big for its britches. They are only open for lunch or breakfast so I doubt that will be anytime soon.

• Visited December 2012