“What a great surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Skye is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 168 Restaurants in Mentor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub, Family Fare
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 615 aka Center Street
Description: Located on the corner of 615 (aka Center Street) & Route 20 (aka Mentor Avenue), Skye is open for lunch and dinner with pub food being served late into the night. Enjoy your meals around our garden pool, dining on the veranda, in our dining room or our pub which showcases wines and beer along with specialty liquors. Featuring contemporary American Cuisine, daily chef creations, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan menus & specialty desserts.
Phoenix, Arizona
“What a great surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This restaurant has delicious food, inventive dishes, great presentation. The salads were especially delicious.

Visited August 2012

Mentor, Ohio
“Outstanding experience at Skye”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was looking for place to celebrate my wife's Birthday. We had reservations at another restaurant in Mentor for a Sunday Brunch for 13 adults and 5 children. I received a call on Friday advising me that the restaurant was no longer going to serve Brunch period, and my reservation was cancelled. I had to scramble to make other arrangements. I remember reading the outstanding review if Skye in the local newspaper a month or so ago. Though we had yet to dine at Skye, I had to make a quick decision and secure another location and reservation for Sunday.
When a called and spoke with Katy to inquire as to whether the Restaurant could acommodate our group on such short notice the answer was yes. I inquired about sitting outside and I was offered the Varanda for our group of 18. We arrived on Sunday to find the Varanda setup very nicely for our group with the cheerful waiting staff of Debbie & Katy ready to serve.
The menu was oustanding with everything being prepared from scratch. Our family and guests really enjoyed the dining experience including the atmoshere, delicious food and great service for what I thought was a very reasonable price.
Thank you to the staff at Skye......
We look forward to visiting again real soon.
Rich & MaryLou R.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dunedin FL
“We keep going back but they never learn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I have been returning to Skye every once in a while. We have been hoping that they will have learned that half the experience of a meal is the atmosphere. When we go we always make the same comment about the loud piano in the dining room. This is such an easy thing to fix I can't understand why the continue to kill a good room like that. Entertainment is a great touch but they should try some other instrument AND hire good musicians. The last piano player was a kid who sounded like he was there just practicing. The bar is keeping the place profitable but they could have a very nice business if they respected their customers enough to listen to their complaints a DO something about the piano. An electric piano would sound fine and be easily muted. We live in Kirtland Hills and this place is very convienent for us and our neighbors. Most of us have tried the place but don't go very often because of that lousy piano.

• Visited July 2012

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mentor, Ohio, USA
“absolutely outstanding but piano too loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Imaginative menu. Excellent food. Professional and gracious service, from making reservations through paying the check. Reasonable prices. Only thing I would change is to move the piano out of the dining room into the lobby — the music was pleasant and well chosen, but in a room that size, it's simply too loud for comfortable conversation. That said, we definitely will go back and plan to introduce it to family and friends.

• Visited May 2012