“omg. dont do it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn-Mentor/Cleveland

You added Americas Best Value Inn-Mentor/Cleveland to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn-Mentor/Cleveland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8370 Broadmoor Road, I-90 at Exit 193, Mentor, OH 44060   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Carlsbad, California, United States
“omg. dont do it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

this was the first night of my road trip cross country with my sister. there are better places to stay. keep driving. i had laid a towel down in the bath tub before i took a shower. the housekeepers are really nice tho. not the people at the front desk!!! glad i brought my own pillow! just keep going.......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The place was clean. Good location for I-90 access. It is a 50 style motel so do not expect more than a clean room in a good location. For the price it is a great stay for a couple of days. The city of Mentor is a good location near Cleveland.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gulf Shores, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

It was fairly clean, the a/c worked okay (it never did shut off) but it was comfortable
for the price. (I didn't expect a lot with the reviews I read) There was no coffee pot
but there was a refrigerator and microwave. We spent a week there and the whole
time the beds were never changed, which was rather dissappointing. There were
no clean towels, but when I called the desk someone immediately brought all clean
towels to us, which was great. The location was great with McDonalds right next
door and a short ride to Great Lakes shopping center and a laundry. Did not use
the pool but it looked inviting.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room if needed and check A/C before unpacking. Take your own coffee pot and cof...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Warren, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Get to the room open door - what no carpeting on the floor. Carpeting had been ripped up & it looked like plywood was cut into pieces laid down and stained to try to look like a hardwood floor. Was glad that I had a pair of flip-flops with me because no way would I have walked on the floor in my bare feet. Okay go into the bathroom - same thing fake hardwood floors in a bathroom - get real! Seems that cheap linoleum could have been put in. Bedspread was filthy, sheets questionable. Fortunately I had my own blanket & pillow with me that I could use on top of the bedspread. Refrigerator was leaking water onto the floor - called & someone did come from housekeeping with several torn up towels that they laid on the floor in from of the frig to mop up the water. So, after a long day driving I decided to take a shower. Oh Crap - the tube & shower were so filthy that I went to the store & purchased cleaner & a strubby & cleaned them before I could take a shower. Based on the amount of scrubbing I had to do it was obvious that neither had been cleaned in many months. The only thing decent about the whole experience was the price. Although I was trying to be thrifty I would pay more to get a clean room. Number ONE priority. Don't care about how many channels are on the TV or if there is internet service. I want a clean room. What is it about clean that they don't understand. That said I will probably never book an America's Best Value Inn hotel/motel room again, all of the hotels are franchises and owned by individuals, so there really are no standards enforced from 1 hotel to the next.

Room Tip: Stay away!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Amesbury, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed in this ABV on the last night of my cross country (and back) trip. I stayed in a lot of hotels during this adventure. This place is hands down the worst place I stayed at. My intuition was SCREAMING to just get out of there, but it was late and we just completed a 16 hour driving session so we were exhausted. I don't even want to know what the transaction was that I witnessed in the parking lot. Sketchy doesn't quite cover it. The room was not just dirty, but filthy. The dirt was THICK along the walls. The towels were thread bare. The wool blanket was old and full of holes. I did not dare to walk barefoot on the carpet. The air conditioner unit's cover was broken and sitting on the floor so the interior parts of the unit could be seen. And the smell, oh what a stench. I considered sleeping in the car. I felt so unsafe that I put a chair against the door and could not wait until morning so that I could leave this place far behind. I did not even take a shower. Seriously, this was the only hotel that I felt the need to check for bedbugs. My suitcase was not left on the floor. Need I go on? I am easy to please, but 6 hours in this place was a tough 6 hours.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bondurant, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Worst hotel experience of my life. Slept with my gun next to my bed....literally. From the clientele to the area and the front desk staffing....wow.

Dirty worn down bed...dirt crud and scary looking sites throughout the room. Scum and fungus in tub and drain. Like out of a bad movie.

Pay 25 bucks more and keep driving....I was tired after a long drive...yet I couldn't sleep a wink in this place. No way I would have stayed here with my family. Since it was only me I sucked it up. Sirens in the area all night completed the atmosphere.

One star rating is too high

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Marietta, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I agree with many others who are confused with some of the negative reviews. I rented two rooms for two nights to attend the Great Lakes Medieval Faire with my partner and friends. She insisted that I write a review too because she also totally disagrees with the negative comments made by some others. Our rooms were vey inexpensive and yet came with a comfy king bed, refrigerator and microwave. I loved the shower. A strong heavy flow of really hot water. The rooms were clean and it took about a minute to walk to a McDonalds and a BP adjacent to the property. The staff was friendly, the rooms were great and I could not have asked for more. We will definitely stay there again when we return to the Great Lakes Medieval Faire.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Mentor/Cleveland? Share your experiences!