“Outstanding Mentor Inn serving a warm welcome for guests!” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Outstanding Mentor Inn serving a warm welcome for guests!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Pro: The hotel provided very friendly customer service from the front desk staff, breakfast attendant, and housekeeping to even the night staff at 2 am. As for the room, it was wonderful with a soft bed and sheets that provided me with very sound sleep compared to other hotels I have stayed at recently that had hard beds and stiff sheets. The room also had very appealing well kept wooden furniture as well as soft comfortable room chairs. I was very surprised how comfortable the chairs were in the room compared to other hotels I have stayed at. The continental breakfast was refreshing and well maintained. The staff working the breakfast bar was very hard working and kept everything clean, stocked and fresh! The staff was kind to ask me and the other guests if we would like any more food before closing the breakfast bar at 10 am. I couldn’t believe I was drinking from a glass cup instead of a plastic or dixie paper cup, and I also had silverware with china to eat from instead of a plastic fork, spoon, and styrofoam plate like other hotels provide for continental breakfast.

Con: Room didn’t contain a small refrigerator, and housekeeping did not come to clean room until 4 pm (I stayed a couple nights). I left hotel earlier in the day and was surprised when I returned to not see the room cleaned (prior to leaving earlier that day housekeeping was working on other rooms). However, when the housekeeping staff did clean the room she went out of her way to make everything clean and provided friendly customer service.

Overall, I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. The price was right, room was clean and comfortable, all the staff were friendly, and breakfast was fresh and clean. This is one of the best hotels in northeast Ohio.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

The night before our wedding night I satyed at Lawnfield and on our wedding night my new husband joined me. This spot was absolutely phnomenol! The antiques are beautiful the rates were super reasonable and the amenities were superb! the room was quite and comfortable and had many of the same perks that I've received in a 5 star hotel! A bottle of Chilled Perrier was waiting for me when I checked in. The bed was super comfortable and it was sooo quiet! The morning of my wedding I had continental breakfast and my Daddy joined me for poolside breakfast. I have to say having traveled all over the US their courtyard and pool area is one of the nicest I have had the pleasure of enjoying! You would never ever know as you sit there sipped freash coffee and enjoying pastries that it actually faces Mentor Avenue- one of the BUSIEST STREETS in town! It was quiet beautifully landscaped and a real pleasure! Located conveniently halfway between route 90 and route 2 its a 5 minutes or less drive to merge onto either, but you would never know you were that close to the bust freeway. I pam sending my best friend and her fiance there for their wedding night. I cannot even imagine a better place to sstay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was our third night on the road. The room was great and a real value. The staff helped me get my bags in when they realized we were handicapped and having trouble. The room was three times nicer than the Hampton Inn we stayed at and about 1/3 the price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Derby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

We and our teenage daughter stayed here for one night on 12 Aug. We knew of the hotel and had considered booking it but then thought if we did not like the look of it we would book elsewhere in Mentor. However what a charming place. We liked look of it straight away and booked. The reception staff were so very friendly and gave us so many details when we asked about what was in the area. The room we stayed in - two double beds - was excellent. I like my rooms clean and I could not fault this. The continental breakfast was brilliant in the morning and we sat in a lovely dining room with sun pouring through the conservatory windows. There is even a swimming pool here. We would have loved to have stayed longer just for the hotel if our itinerary had allowed it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

My friend and I stayed there on our way to Vermont. What a pleasant surprise! It's more like a bed and breakfast. The beds were extremely comfortable. But the best thing was the breakfast. We had coffee/tea from china cups and saucers and ate yoghurt from footed glass bowls while looking at the beautiful landscaped pool. Best hotel experience on the road ever!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Erie, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

After reading the reviews of other who have stayed in this hotel, I was quite excited to stay there since there were no poor reviews at all. When we got there I didn't even think to check to see how clean it was because of the great reviews. I pulled the blankets back to go to bed and there was a spot on the blanket, thinking it was a stain I touched it and it was crusty (like a food stain). Later I went to get a drink and I found coffee was spilled on the counter with crumbs all around it. This grossed me out the most because if they didn't even bother to wipe the counter, what else did they not bother to clean up. In the bathroom there was something sticky on the door with hair clung to it. It was disgusting. The air conditioner was so loud I could not sleep, but it was too hot to shut it off. The staff did apologize, and the 2nd night was cleaner, but not by much. Breakfast was great, and the staff was friendly, but I would not stay again because of the dirtyness of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

My family and I stayed here as part of a week long vacation across Ohio. We came to Mentor to see the James A. Garfield home, which is just down the street from the hotel. This hotel feels like a bed and breakfast, with all the charm and atmosphere you would expect from a B&B, but with the privacy and amenities of a hotel. The room was spacious enough to accommodate our family (we had a travel crib for our infant). We had originally only booked one night and had planned to stay in Cleveland for the next two to see an Indians game. Our hotel in downtown Cleveland was so horrible (we didn't stay more than 20 minutes there) we called Lawnfield and went back and stayed there for 2 more nights as we finished our vacation exploring activities in and near Cleveland. I would like to go back to explore more of Mentor, which seemed like a cute little town, and maybe some of the beach areas. This hotel is wonderful and well worth it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawnfield Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!