“Awful Service” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 168 Restaurants in Mentor
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: This restaurant is a few years old.
Description: This restaurant is a few years old.
Waterford, Michigan, United States
“Awful Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was my first time at a Quaker Steak and Lube. My sister lives in Euclid and I was in the area visiting. She told me she knew this great place where we could get lunch and somne drinks so I was very excited since we don't have any Quaker Steaks in michigan where I"m from. Upon walking in there were about 4 hostess up at the host stand having a conversation about something and did not even acknowledge that we were there after about a minute of them still continuing their conversation I basically had to greet myself and interrupt their conversation. Then the hostess asked us if it was okay if we sat "halfway inbetween" what the hell does that mean? Since I'd never been there I had no idea. Turns out it was the inside/outside area but we had a fun time calling it the halfway inbetween room haha.
Our waiter was nice but I think he was newer. He took our drink orders and then 10 minutes later after we should of already had our drinks he came back over to double check what we had ordered. Eventually we got our drinks which were good. It actually was a really good Long Island. We ordered the four wheeler as an appetizer and he took our lunch order along with it. Then he did the same thing again....at about the time our appetizer was supposed to come out he came over and said "you guys ordered the four wheeler right?!" Are you kidding me? Then he also asked us again what we ordered for our lunches. So everything ended up coming out at once, our appetizer, and the rest of our food. Which I really hate.

The food was just okay. I didn't ordered the wings and neither did anyone else at my table. Needless to say the service was ABSOLUTELY terrible and I've spent quite a few years of my life waiting tables so I like to think I"m pretty easy going about these things....but it was just awful. If I"m ever in the are aagain I won't be returning.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Dickson, Tennessee
“Good wings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Husband and I stopped because he wanted wings. Quick service and the food was very good. Our waitress was very sweet and the manager came to check on us.

Visited August 2012
Chesterland, OH
“Service issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Good is always good here but the service is not stellar. I have eatten at many of their locations and the Mentor locaiton was the only one that had service issues.

Visited November 2011