“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Mentor/Cleveland to your Saves list
Super 8 Mentor/Cleveland
Super 8 Mentor/Cleveland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7325 Palisades Parkway, SR 2 & 306 / I-90 Ex 193 North, Mentor, OH 44060   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Mentor

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ashtabula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The staff was understanding and very helpful. My room was very clean and was nice to feel like a mini apartment

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Pittsburg, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I travel a lot for various reasons- business and pleasure-- and I'm always looking for a good deal on a stay. Someplace that is clean, safe and reasonably priced. I don't need the fancy amenities so typically someplace like a Super 8 is perfect. I've been in worse Super 8's than this, but I've also been in MUCH better. This one is average at best. The room generally seemed clean and the area seems safe, but there are drawbacks. The bathroom in my room had a small light over the vanity with two florescent lights in it but the whole thing put out about as much light as a standard 40 watt, barely lighting the shower area-- basically, you showered in the dark. The water pressure from the shower was lacking and it took a long time for the water to heat up. Make sure you don't have to double flush either cause the toilet had issues just handling a mundane piddle flush. The TV in the room is small-ish and old and the cable channel guide doesn't match up at all (and there is a typo on it too boot). The last part is make sure you check your bill. Mine was nealry $3 over what I was supposed to be charged. Granted, $3 isn't a lot, but it is the principle of the thing. Especially when the front desk can't explain the difference other than saying it's a daily variance in price and refuses to refund the difference. If you have to stay here, it will get you through, but if you have a choice, there are other options in similar price ranges. I probably won't be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Green Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our first night of an 8 day vacation on our way out east. We were very happy with the location and amenities. There is a Bob Evans in front of the hotel and a bowling alley next door so we could have a drink after a long day of travelling. There isn't anything fancy, but our room was clean and comfortable. I do have to say their towels were some of the softest I've ever experienced for a hotel stay! I would recommend this hotel and I'm really surprised by the handful of bad reviews. It met our needs and we were very happy! :)

Room Tip: 2nd floor room was quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
OAK LAWN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were on the road traveling when we stopped at this Super 8 for the night. It was very run down, and it's wasn't very clean. There was a dip in the floor in front of the bathroom that caused me to trip in the middle of the night. Not fun. It did have a fridge and microwave, which is good. The staff was very friendly, but I still wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Appleton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have stayed at this motel before, had good experiences there and always call ahead to make a reservation. This time, instead of calling the motel itself, we called the Super 8 800 number. Big mistake. They told me only one room was left, the cost would be about $20 more than we usually pay and since we were calling about 24 hours in advance, we would not be able to cancel. I said "no thanks" and decided to call the motel itself. They told me they had plenty of rooms left, they were at the lower rate and they had the usual cancellation policy - 6 p.m. the day of the stay. I made a reservation with them and we had a good stay, a nice room and great service. I recommend the place, but don't call the 800 number to make the reservation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this motel last weekend. The desk staff and the service staff in our end went out of their way to be friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. Our room had a fridge and one of the legs was broken, we forgot to mention it to the man at the desk...who by the way gave us Quaker Steak coupons when we mentioned we were going there. Friends who stayed across the street at "another hotel" had bad experiences, we found the Super 8 to be pretty good for what it is. Not the Hilton, but then we didn't pay for the Hilton. The smoking rooms seemed to be mixed in among the non smoking rooms, they should find a way to segregate those better. The manager allowed our daughter to come back and shower after her game, after our checkout time. Very much appreciated. All in all if you are looking for a clean inexpensive motel near Cleveland or Mentor I would recommend the Super 8.

Room Tip: if you are a non smoker make sure there are no smokers in adjacent rooms, they seem to be mixed and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Mentor/Cleveland? Share your experiences!