“First and last visit.” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, European, Pasta
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rose Hill is situated approximately 5 miles south of the historic Medina Square. The original building was built in the 1830's as a farmhouse and sits on 8 beautiful and landscaped acres. Then in the late 1980's the current dining and party rooms were added on, and in 2012 the current owners remodeled the establishment. The dining room has a warm elegant atmosphere with a fireplace in the wintertime; a divider separates a private area for small parties such as birthdays, etc. It features a beautiful bar with over 50 wines from around the world, a contemporary party room seating up to 80 guests, a huge patio where guests can enjoy the wonderful pastoral scenery, and best of all the fantastic food our culinary team prepares; from steak to seafood, to chicken and pasta, and of course our ethnic dishes like chicken paprikash and homemade spaetzels, pork schnitzel, and smoked meat and cheese platter, all made on premise.
Seville, Ohio
“First and last visit.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

First off the restaurant was so cold my feet were numb ( I had on boots). So cold I kept my coat on. My husband and I had 16oz. ribeye steak with baked potato he had broccoli and I chose snow peas and carrots. Ok here we go. Steak was served with grilled mushrooms that were so salty and nasty. The steak was rarer than we wanted and cold. The baked potato was nasty, tasted like it was reheated a few times. The snow peas and carrots were sopped in grease ....so gross. My husbands broccoli was ice cold. We told asked the waitress to heat our steak and cook a bit longer and asked for broccoli in place of the nasty greasy snow peas..She brought our plates back, must of just stuck the plates in a microwave for a couple minutes, cause meat was the same rareness and still not hot and broccoli...was still ice cold. These meals were 25.00 a piece, should have been next to perfect. The meals were just really bad. They start you off with bread. Tiny little piece of bread !!! We also had italian wedding soup which was like no italian wedding soup I have ever had....not good either. Just an all around bad experience and wast of my husbands hard earned money. We will never return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Best In Medina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This restaurant occupies the building which housed the old Abbotino's, at Rt 3 and Chippewa Rd. The building and grounds have undergone a lovely renovation and is now a wonderful, inviting place to enjoy a truly delicious meal. The interior is tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean, and very comfortable and quiet. The waitstaff are very friendly and attentive. The menu leans toward comfort foods with items like stuffed peppers, pastas, steaks, and my favorite, the pork schnitzel, which is as good or better than any I've ever eaten. Anywhere. Everything appears to be made from scratch and except for the bread, which is a bit on the dry side for my taste, is expertly prepared and quite consistent (a true measure of quality for me). Dragon, the chef, is very talented and obviously enjoys pleasing people. I am told that the outdoor dining space will transformed soon to a landscaped patio, which ought to make the place a true destination restaurant. I wish these folks the best of luck. Must try.

Lodi, Ohio
“Best restaurant in Medina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have eaten at Rose Hill 4 times in the last 6 weeks and every time the food was excellent and the service was wonderful.

The restaurant is located on route 3 about half way between Medina and Seville so it is definitely out of the way but well worth the drive.

The pork schnitzel was as good as any I have ever had anywhere. The soups are all made from scratch and very tasty. The stuffed peppers are fabulous. The only area that could use some improvement is the bread which is just OK. I have not tried their brunch but if it as good as their dinners, it must be great!

The best thing is that the food is consistently good - not hit or miss. So you can always be sure to get a great meal. As a matter of fact, we are heading there tonight and are very much looking forward to it.

I cannot wait until next summer because we love patio dining and they have a super nice patio that looks out over a quiet tree-filled yard with a picturesque gazebo. Great food, good service, reasonable prices AND a great patio. What more could you ask for??

• Visited January 2013
Medina, Ohio
“Great hidden gem in Medina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This little gem is off the beaten path a bit, but worth the trip. Just off route 3 in Medina, just a few miles south of the square. The current owners did a great job remodeling the quaint vintage building. The staff is friendly and attentive. The menu is varied and offers a nice selection of steaks, seafood, salads and pastas. Nice lunch menu, as well.
Brunch is awesome, serving waffles, pancakes, eggs Benedict, etc... Give this great, intimate restaurant a try. You'll love it!

• Visited September 2012
Akron
“Pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Friends booked our New Year's dinner here and were we ever surprised! Great atmosphere and wonderful food! Between six of us were lucious steaks, tuna, walleye, and pork chops and fantastic desserts! Checked out the bar area as we were leaving & I told my hubby that the atmosphere was so inviting in there, when we go back, I wanted to eat in there. You won't be disappointed in this little gem!

• Visited November 2012