“Horrible Management” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in Medina
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night Food, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Medina, Ohio
“Horrible Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been dining at Thyme 2 for years. The food is excellent at times, and just okay at others. But, my most recent evening dining experience was horrid! We had reservations at the pub downstairs. The group of three us were appalled at the lack of service, and the absolutely rude Manager.
We were literally pushed out of the restaurant, and when we complained, the Manager actually gave us real attitude. He actually told us that if we were done, he needed the space due to many customers waiting upstairs for seating.
We ate and ordered drinks at a normal pace, and were only there for a total of under 3 hours. When we went upstairs, there was only one couple waiting and the bar was near empty. The Manager continued to be rude and offensive! I cannot believe how we were treated! We dine at many fine restaurants, and have never, ever been treated in this manner!
Thyme 2 will never get our business again. I will not spend my money in a restaurant where I am treated so rudely by a crude, unprofessional Manager. Thyme 2, shame on you!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ohio, USA
“Without a doubt the best dining experience in Medina.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I probably go to Thyme 2 about once a month. This is the closest thing that Medina has to an upscale dining establishment, but with the move to the new location they have expanded so that there is a more upscale upstairs flair and the classic pub style downstairs. They have the same excellent “formal” dining menu available in both areas, plus the pub menu (burgers, sandwiches and pizzas) available downstairs.

I have always found the service to be outstanding and the servers to be helpful, friendly and expedient. I have never had to wait on a drink or a meal.

The prices are not outrageous, but still on the higher end. Still, I think an overall good value for the quality of the food, the serviced and the atmosphere.

BTW, I have no idea why the cuisine is listed as “Mediterranean” because is it not. I think I would go with “American Bistro” or just “Eclectic.” There is a great variety that spans steaks, seafood, sandwiches, salads. Always something interesting to choose from!

Cleveland, Ohio
“Thyme has become Thyme2!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My review of 2 is at the Thyme site. Will just say a great move, more accessible to the square and thus more potential guests. Nicest lunch in town, wood fired pizza, great burgers and nice sandwiches. Good staff..Can't wait to come back for dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“Thyme II is a great place to visit after visiting the Square!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Thankful for the parking in front of the restaurant, made for a wonderful lunch. Clever metal baskets present the sandwiches and french fries and pickle. Pepsi products and simple wine list make for easy choices to drink, but the creative martinis were tempting. Definitely will come back for dinner. Had the triple grilled cheese fries and smoked tomato bisque, a big lunch for under $10. Thanks for staying in Medina. Nice web page.

Medina, Ohio
“thyme is on my side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

our neighbors took us there saturday night and we were not disappointed. started with mussels and the amount was more than i expected.and i love mussels. taste was not unique but very good. as a matter of fact, i would go there again just for the mussels. our server was always attentive and the food was delivered in a timely matter. the chop i had was wonderfully drenched in a brown sauce that made it stand out. my wife had a pear salad. i wont describe it because you really have to go and experience it. the diversity of flavors was a unusual treat. she finished with scallops, which again you have to be there. great place in medina. i would have given it 5 stars if it had a better location. the surrounding area is important in my ratings. it would have gotten a 5 star if it were on the square where you can dine and then a nice walk around the area to finish off a great experience.

• Visited November 2012