“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Medina
Sylvania, Ohio
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was one of the nicest Hampton Hotel we have stayed at. From check in to check out. Nice and friendly staff and very helpful and efficient. The price was right and the breakfast was extensive and fresh. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is average, the staff is great, the breakfast above average. Great location by Brown Derby and Wild Bills, so convenient to everything. Rooms are a little small for handicap access, but some rooms that are accessible are larger, you have to stipulate that you need one that is wheelchair accessible, not just grab bars in bath.

Room Tip: Make sure if you want a wheelchair accessible room that you let them know. An accessible room could...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I wanted to thank EVERYONE that helped us pull off the best surprise ever for my mom!..We checked in Friday Dec14th morning and Bob was the associate at the desk,he was very friendly and was on board to help surprise mom.We explained to Bob that mom believes she is in WV to go to cabelas for the weekend-meanwhile we were there to surprise her with ALL her girls and grandkids.Our rooms were across the hall from one another(very clean and DID NOT smell like smoking rooms at all)...Once settled in we went to Bob Evans for lunch(everyone at the restaurant played along too)came back and surprised mom with daughters 1and 2....swam for awhile and then hung out(POOL WAS VERY CLEAN AND STOCKED WELL WITH TOWELS,POOL WATER WAS A BIT COOL BUT OK)...Saturday we came down for bk and was greated with a smile and the bk lady was very helpfull with my mom(That past friday she had massive arm surgery,so her arm was in a sling)we sat and talked until the 3rd sister showed up with grandkids to surprise mom again(ALL AWHILE MOM BELIEVES WE ARE IN WV)...cARRIE AND nICOLE WERE GREAT TOO WITH NOT LETTING HER KNOW SHE WAS IN OH...THE CLEANING STAFF AND JANITOR WERE ALL EXTREMELY NICE AND MADE THIS THE BEST WEEKEND EVER!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: End rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Burleson, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

First thing you notice is the smell of mold when you walk in. The people working there are very nice and eager to please. I thought everyone was great and the breakfast had more selection than most hampton inns. On the way to my room I noticed the carpet was lumpy and bumpy like it had been put over pieces of pad that they didn't get up after removing the last carpet. As soon as I walked in to my room I looked down at the tile that was in the entry that also continued into the bathroom and the grout was black in the middle of the room but light grey on the outside. I didn't want to walk on it with my shoes off. The next day I had a meeting on the first floor, that's when I found the mold. I used the guest bathroom and behind the urinal the wallpaper was pealed back, and when I looked under it......mold! This area is next to the inside pool, so I'm sure that's the reason for it get that way. Anyway, I go back to my meeting room and looked inside a closed.....mold! This closet was also on the opposite wall of the indoor pool. I mentioned it to the staff and they acted like they had no idea. The next day they told me they were going to renovate, replacing walls, floors, ect. I just hope they do it and keep the customers out of harms way. Other than the wonderful staff, this place is well below average for a Hampton inn

• Stayed December 2012
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medina, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel 3 times so far and will continue to stay here when in Medina. Clean & comfortable, friendly staff, great breakfast. Always accomodating & professional. The Brown Derby restaurant next door is excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Desk clerk rude and not welcoming. The elevator carpet was soiled and elevator was extremely slow and stopped with a bump, rather scary. The room was okay, not as clean as we expect Hampton Ins's to be. We were just there overnight before continuing on our trip, If our stay was to be longer, we would have gone to another hotel for the other nights.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medina, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for 2 nights for a business trip.
The hotel was very clean, updated and the beds were super comfortable. There are a few restaurants right next to this hotel, so that was nice.

Medina is actually a cute little town with a few cute shops and restaurants, and the Hampton Inn is about 5 minutes away from it.

My only "complaint" about this property was that I could hear my neighbor very, very well. And That can be unsettling and obviously disturbing depending on the neighbor. I could hear the noise his phone made while getting plugged in as well as his conversations.

I was just glad my neighbors didn't blast their TV or have a party in their room, so this wasn't really an issue.

I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Medina? Share your experiences!