“It was better than I expected.” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Medina
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5161 Montville Drive, I-71 & Hwy 18, Medina, OH 44256   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Medina
Cleveland, Ohio
“It was better than I expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Based on other reviews, I wasn't sure I should give this place a try, but I'm glad I did. It's a great location, free wireless internet, continental breakfast, and a comfortable room. My room even had a mini-fridge. The bathrooms could use a little updating, but the room was clean and roomy. The staff is very friendly. I will stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
De Pere, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel was pretty nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice and the rooms were a decent size. I would recommend this hotel to a friend. Good locations also

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Southern Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

My roommate and I were headed up for a day trip to Cleveland and decided to save money and stay outside of town. The hotel is about a 40min drive from downtown and the price was lovely...$48.56 at the AAA rate. Infinitely preferable to the $156 at the cheapest downtown hotel.

This Super 8 is right off I-71 in Medina, and is pretty utilitarian...it's a two-story building with no elevators, so be aware. Pets are allowed, with a surcharge of $10 per pet per night. When we got to our room, we were greeted with the scent of carpet deodorizer, which is preferable to some smells I've encountered in hotels. The beds were a bit hard for my taste and the bedding was worn, but everything was clean and dusted. There was free wireless internet, always appreciated, and while the bathroom towels were on the thin side, the bathroom was scrupulously clean, cleaner than some rooms that I've paid triple the price for.

The next morning, the hotel earned it's fourth star...the breakfast was above average for a hotel of this type...a good selection of cereal, reasonably fresh pastries and bread, and a waffle-maker that was both easy to use and cooked the waffle to perfection. A much better breakfast than I expected.

So, other than the breakfast, this is a pretty straight-forward, bare bones establishment, but it was a fantastic value. Good food, very clean room, and great price.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Searching for a hotel in Medina was a bit challenging, since I felt the choice was very limited. I was extremely leary of staying in a Super 8, having spent the previous weekend in a Chicago Westin, but Ken Gandhi, the GM assured me the hotel was quiet, very clean, friendly staff, and secure. I was extremely pleased, and a bit more surprised to find all of his statements true.
Turning onto the street and seeing a closed, run down building on the corner made me a bit hesitant to continue, but I did find a very welcoming GM as I entered the door which put my initial concern to rest. I asked for a corner, 2nd floor room which was the one I was given, and a portable fridge was brought in immediately on my request.
The room, the bathroom was extremely clean. Even the towels smelled good, and although not plush, were better than a few I have in my closet!
Traveling alone, I felt secure in the room.
Beds were fine. Clean linens, soaps etc. put in the room each day.
Free internet which was great, especially having paid $10/night at the Westin.
TV had great reception.
I was on the backside of the hotel which looked over trees, which was great.
The only con statement I have which I'm passing onto the GM, is that the windows could be cleaner so that I could have had a better view of the little rabbits outside on the grass.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Medina. Especially after riding past the comparable competition.
If you're looking for a 3 or 4 star hotel, there are none at this convenient location (Interstate 71 & route 18).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

I was in town for a wedding and found this place to fit the bill for me: clean, quiet, and a friendly and helpful staff. Being frugal (ok, cheap), I was impressed by the fact I could make my own waffles at the continental breakfast. They would have cups of batter set up in the morning and a hot iron on a swivel device. It was a great way to start my day and satisfy my sweet tooth!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Renfrew, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

Locate just south of Cleveland and is close to interstate. Our second time here and staff is friendly and courteous. Very clean with continental breakfast in morning. Close to good restaurants and other services. Internet service actually worked.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

We again found the staff friendly and helpful. Our room was clean - with a small desk and electrical outlet for my computer. The only downside was that this room did not have a small fridge. The year before, one had been brought to our room by the manager. Since we were only there for one night, it really didn't matter. If traveling this way again, we'd definitely head to this motel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Medina? Share your experiences!