“Basic but adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, FL
“Basic but adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed 2 nights while visiting family and it met my needs for a clean and comfortable place to stay. Check in was without fuss and my room was in order as I entered. The only thing wrong was that the temperature control for the A/C was broken and the room was quite cold. I turned off the A/C and it was fine and I like the room on the cold side anyway.

Breakfast is pretty bare bones with a couple of cereal choices, fruit, yogurt, juice & coffee. The one redeeming feature was the make it yourself waffles, which is what I ate both mornings. Again, what you need and nothing more.

All in all, it was a pleasant enough experience. The location of the property could be a little better as it is accessable only from the eastbound side of SR 18. All of the other properties are on the other side of I-71 (with the exception of the Rodeway Inn). Apart from that, it was fine - nothing fancy but good enough for my purposes.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dunkirk, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I really have not experienced anything that the person below me was talking about. I've stayed there at least 3 times and it gets better each time because of the renovations. A new family has owned it and been slowly making new changes and is very friendly. It looks great, especially for being a Super 8. It is very family friendly and right around restaurants and only 10-15 mins from Akron. Great location! It's only 47.00$ a night with AAA so I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Use your AAA card!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Eagan, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We aren't particularly picky and have stayed at Super 8 hotels all over the country. We've stayed at this hotel in Medina once every few years since right after it opened and it was always just fine. However, when we stayed there this month, the place was just plain dirty. The tables, chairs and counters in the breakfast areas had not been cleaned and all the upholstery was worn through. The TV in our room was filthy and there was gum stuck to the nightstand. The grass needed mowing. Yuck.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Memphis TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I must admit that I wasn't sure about a hotel that is less than $60 per night! However, we had a great 1 nite stay here. Very clean room, comfortable bed and room - nothing to complain about. We didn't have a reservation, and the front desk manager was very friendly and competent. We will return here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We needed a hotel to stay in while waiting for our apartment to be ready, to move into. We had a week left to wait and didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money while waiting. After booking through one of those sites where you don't know where you're staying until you've booked it, we found out it was a Super 8. I'll be honest in saying I was very disappointed to find out it was a Super 8 but because it was given a 2 star rating, and was cheap, we gave it a shot......really had no choice.

What can I say?.....The lobby is big and very clean. It also doubles up as the breakfast area. The man at reception, who is also the manager, was very welcoming and while the service was fast, it didn't feel like you were being rushed through because he didn't want to deal with you (something we dealt with at a previous 3 star hotel). We walked into our room and it was very clean. Only problem we had, was the internet connection. for some reason, I could connect but my husband couldn't. We were moved to another room and everything was fine. The rooms in the back of the building face a wooded area and despite being right by a busy road and highway, even with the windows open, you can't hear traffic. A small dislike is that you can hear the guests above, when they run acroos the floor. I'm guessing they have kids :) The beds are pretty comfortable and despite the sheets and towels being a little worn, they are very clean. Bathroom also very clean. The breakfast in the morning is actually pretty decent. You get a choice of cereals and breads but you can also make waffles. The coffee is good and juice and milk is offered too. Would be nice if they had some fruit added to the selection but still a good start to the day. The hotel has onsite guest laundry facilities which is great for us being here for a week. Oh, andshould you need it, they have a portable fridge to put in your room.

All in all, this hotel is by far the best Super 8 we've stayed in, and as an overall package in price, convenience and helpful staff, it's actually better than a lot of 3+ star hotels we've stayed in.

Room Tip: Prettier view with rooms in the back of the building.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

In town for the medina county fair (man they've got a lot of rabbits)...and decided to stay at the super 8 , having stayed at the roadway a few months earliers....I wasn't expecting much...and that's what I got....60bucks...worth of super 8... It looks like it might cater to FEMA guests.... it's a bit run down, not a great breakfast... the clerk was nice though.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Just been repainted so dont go by the ugly gray pictures you still see on the internet. Nice bright colors now. It is family owned and operated and they try hard to take care of their customers and hotel.

Nice hotel, quiet and clean. Our favorite is they just upgraded the coffee in the lobby and the rooms. We found it very nice and not the horrible hotel coffee you normally get. Not Starbucks but good. Note I gave it a four for clean, one night bed wasnt made up and once we didnt get the coffee pot cleaned. The two rooms we had for four days were kept clean and they did give us more towels when requested.

Smoking and pet rooms available but they need to be quiet. We saw a couple dogs there but never heard one.

Tip is look up there number and call direct. They will quote cheaper than the websites. They serve a little breakfast in the morning but to be honest plan to go out there is not much selection to pick from but if your broke you can make as many waffles as you can eat.

Room Tip: Call them direct and just be polite and upfront, you will get same treatment
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Medina? Share your experiences!