You added Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6103 Landerhaven Drive, Mayfield Heights, OH 44124   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
milford, ct
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I enjoyed this hotel very much. The rooms were quite large with a kitchen and seating area. The staff was excellent with a good breakfast and managers evening gathering which many hotle guests attended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Staff; they are very nice and welcomed well, specially Amber, thanks lot. Rooms were clean and well maintained. we had chance to cook food in the room it was convenient, room service is good. Breakfast and dinner also good and 100% value for money. I recommend this hotel and will stay whenever I come to Cleveland Mayfield heights.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here with my young children for my niece's wedding at the reception hall next door. Rooms are roomy and comfortable. Kitchen with big fridge, kitchen appliances (microwave, toaster, stove, coffee maker, dishwasher), and lots of cooking/dining utensils was convenient with kids. Also nice that I could put them to bed in the bedroom, close the door, and have some quiet time to myself in the living room/kitchen. There was a bag of microwave popcorn in the kitchen by the tea and coffee, which made watching a movie with the kids in the evening more fun. Bring DVD's if you want -- there is a player in the living room. There is also a TV in the bedroom. The included breakfast had many, many options and was plentiful. There were cookies in the lobby in the afternoons, although we seemed to always miss them. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was clean and spacious, and everything in the room was in good repair. One down side is that we showed up briefly at our room to change clothes and go right back out, just as housekeeping was in our hallway. They passed our room, even though we were only there for a short time, and never came back to clean the room after we left. By the time we came in for the evening, it was too late to call and request housekeeping service, so our room was never cleaned at all during our weekend stay. There is a Champp's restaurant very close (you need to drive, but not far -- it's in an office park one street over from the hotel), which allows you to have a meal without getting into the traffic insanity on Mayfield Rd. Beautiful outdoor pool that only goes to 4.5 feet (a plus when you have kids and there's no lifeguard), although we didn't have a chance to use it. Shop in lobby to buy snack and sundries, although there are many stores a short drive away, too. I didn't use the business center, but it looked adequate. Staff was very friendly and tried to be helpful. Nice that we could just walk to/from the reception at Executive Caterers/Landerhaven -- a sidewalk runs from the parking lot of the hotel right to the reception hall. All in all, a great place to stay, but they need to work on that housekeeping issue.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an honest and nice response. The staff works daily at providing our guest's a comfortable stay with a smile.

Housekeeping has become a challenge, you are right. At Staybridge, a full clean is done every 7 days of your stay and a light touch daily, except for weekends. ALTHOUGH, for a guest arriving on Friday, departing on Sunday, the light touch is to be done on Saturday. I am so sorry that was not the case.

The information is on the key packet received at check in. It is our responsibility to review this information and property information with the guest at check in. Again, our apologies if not done or could have been done better.

It is just so encouraging that guest's like yourself take the time to give positive and constructive feedback and not just negative. We are always striving to improve service. We just always ask that a guest tell us what we can improve during their stay for their stay.

Best of wishes to you and your family,

Carla Gold,
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

It's quiet. It's in a residential area, way off street, no food or other amenities near by.

You will not hear the air breaks of the trucks. And, if you get a room on the 1st floor, you won't hear much at all as the rooms are quite soundproof.

They have a sleep center in 124. The University Hospital employees must never have heard of HIPAA as they work with their door open, talking very *VERY loudly all day.

Bed was comfortable, pillow selection good. The shower was hot, water pressure not good.

Rooms do not have a luggage stand. What is it with Staybridge and their love of suitcases on the furniture? Yuck!

Service was just plain bad.

Nothing was replaced during my stay. Taken, sure, replaced, no.
Guests were turned right around at breakfast for showing up in their socks (kids, grandparents, whathaveyou) and told to go put their shoes on,
No food nearby means that you can be certain that any appetizers/beverages put out in the evening will be consumed. Quickly. Not refilled in a timely manner -- though the salad items were very good.

Items left in the sink were not washed, not put in the dishwasher...just rinsed and left to dry. Gross. That means everything in the glassware section needs a visit in the dishwasher.
--which is running right now.

I won't come back to this Staybridge. I have business nearby and when I return, it will be elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not on the 2nd floor and not near the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
This is the first review, I have ever responded to that I absolutely disagree with and am very disappointed by.

The Staybridge Suites collection and specifically our hotel is comfortable, clean and worked by people who care, genuinely care. I am personally there Monday - Friday, 6am -7pm. Frequenting on the weekends. Why, because I care and have a staff that feels the same.

There may not be a luggage stand, but we have spacious suites with very accommodating space for personal belongs. Our guest room rates are competitive and often priced lower than area hotels offering more value.

*A spacious Suite with a full kitchen
*Complimentary Coffee
*Complimentary Full Breakfast daily
*Complimentary Social - Tuesday - Thursday (a social that is a full dinner. We have ample food prepared each night)
*Complimentary Wireless Internet
*Complimentary Business Center
*Complimentary Laundry
*Complimentary Fitness Center
*Outdoor Pool and Grills for guests to use

Doesn't sound like a "Yuck" to me. We politely ask guest's in bare feet to put on shoes during food service. What is wrong with that? If they cut their feet on something, who will be blamed?

When we check a guest out, we always ask "How was your stay"? I ask guest's daily how there stay is. Did you allow us to "Make it Right"?

I am always available to discuss with a guest any questions, concerns or suggestions they may have.

I will only hope that you read my response and ask that you give other hotel's a chance before you leave. Then in the spirit of what Trip Advisor is supposed to be for, post your comments.

Carla Gold
Whitehall, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I only was staying for one night but wish I was staying longer. Fantastic rooms with a kitchen and up to date rooms. I did not feel like I was in a hotel room. The free breakfast was better than any hotel I have ever stayed at. The only downfall is that it is not in close walking distance to anything. You can not go wrong staying here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to make such a nice comment on the Hotel. It goes a long way for the staff. You definitely need to drive to area shopping, attractions and or restaurants. Hopefully, you saved money not shopping and got rest and relaxation at the pool!!!

Come back again,

Carla Gold
Rahway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great place for a family trip. Everything was great from beginning to end. We had traveled all day and were greeted by a very welcoming staff. The room was outstanding. We normally stay in Marriott Residence Inns and we would have but the price for a two room suit was over $200. I will make sure we stay here every time we come to visit our daughter. The breakfast was wonderful. The facilities were great. I will recommend this hotel chain to everyone I know. Very clean as well. I can't say enough about how pleased we were with our stay. Looking forward to using other Staybridge Suites on our vacations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on your recent stay. Brings back memories when my parents moved me to college. Very special times. I am just glad the hotel and staff made it enjoyable and memorable, that means a lot!

When you return please feel free to call me if I can assist in any way.

Our best to you and your daughter .

Kindest regards,

Carla Gold, GM and Staff
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed at Staybridge Suites for 2 weeks for a business trip.
I love this hotel. Compared to the hotels I have seen in Europe this one is awesome.
Besides the wonderful staff the hotel (they can fix everything for you!) it is pretty well equipped with everything that you need. Superior, luxury and very comfortable suites. You will find everything that you need.
They even have 2 grills to use, a pool, a gym, basketball court, free guest laundry, complimentary dinner 3 times a week ,etc, etc.
If you are in the area, this hotel is your first choice!
Best regards from a very happy customer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such a nice comment. However, if I didn't get your safety deposit box open you would have had to stay with us longer!!! Knew that couldn't happen. We can only hope your are back on business soon, before it is to cold to grill outside.

Best of wishes,

Carla Gold, GM and Staff

Been to Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood? Share your experiences!