“This is a DIRTY hotel. There are a lot of other CLEAN hotels in the area to choose from in the same price range.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee

You added Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1409 Reynolds Road, Maumee, OH 43537-1625   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Maumee every other week for almost three years for business. The past three visits have made me decide to take my business elsewhere.

My first bad experience happened at the beginning of June. I went to get into bed at midnight and pulled back my covers to find a fresh blood spot about the size of a 50c piece. I called the frontdesk and they offered to let me move rooms, but it was late, so I just had them come and change the sheets. I figured, this stuff happens once in a while. no big deal.

So, two weeks later I came back and of course the first thing I did was turn down my bed to look at the sheets. This time they looked clean. But there was a brown stain the size of someone's hand on the duvet (looked like blood that had been washed out). Then I went into the bathroom and noticed that all the towels looked wrinkly and smelled funny. I called the front desk. They said that the duvet covers cannot be bleached and that it was potentially a stain they couldn't get out. They replaced the cover and my towels

Now, you would think that would be enough for me to stop staying here. It was.....however, tonight I had last minute plans and this was the hotel that was already booked for me, so I gave them one more shot. This will be my final stay. I walked into my room and immediately turned down the bed. This time there was makeup (like foundation and lipstick as though someone slept face down) and what looked to be dried mucus.

For the first few years I never once looked at my sheets. I cringe to think about how many times I slept in other peoples dirty sheets. As soon as I started looking, each time I found something. This is a dirty hotel. Stay somewhere else, there are about 15 other hotels right in the area and at least 8 of them are in this same price range.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
bennettenterprise, Revenue Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
I am so sorry to hear of your repeated problems with the Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee. The General Manager said that he is working with you to help resolve this problam and I know that he has been doing re-training with teh housekeeping staff to make sure to correct this very important issue. Thank you so much for bringing this problem to our attention so we are able to remedy this situtation imediately.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

This hotel was very clean and the staff was pleasant upon check in. The linens were the nice white ones with a selection of pillows. Very nice. Our kids used the pool and had a blast. Breakfast was adequate but nothing spectactular. The location was not suberb for a long stay, but it was conveniently located to I-80 for our stop on a long trip. My only complaint is the uncomfortable beds...I tossed all night long!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
terri007
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

We stopped here because it was 2/3 of the way to our destination of Chicago. When we checked in they were nice and told us that if we take our room key to the Big Boy or Schlotzkeys next door, they'd give us 10% off the bill. My 4 y/o wanted to eat at the Big Boy and that was a mistake but I digress. The room was tolerably clean but that's it. The pool was not heated which was a disappointment. No one stayed in longer than 10 minutes.
When we left we left my husbadn's pillow behind. We noticed it about 2 hours down the road. I immediatelly called and they acted like it was a big pain to look for it. About 2 minutes later she got back on and said it was there and what did we want her to do with it. I told her I would give her my card number and could she please send it home. She sighed heavily and said she guessed she could. I told her we belong to the Hilton Honors and we're platinum and she had better send it back. She didn't really want to do but she did.
The resturant selection around this place is the two awful places I mentioned, a Red Lobster and some other weird place. Eat before you get there.
Also, they don't accept pets so ours stayed in the car.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Milwaukee WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

We spent one night at the Hampton Inn - and it was a perfect choice ! Clean room and comfy king size bed. The Big Boy restaurant next door , provided a late night snack and they give a discount to guests of the hotel.

The Hampton has a free breakfast ~ It had enough variety that we were full and ready to roll for the the next leg of our road trip !

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
New Philadelphia, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

My boyfriend and I spent the night here and were beyond pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms. The cleanliness of the entire hotel was outstanding. About $100 for a Saturday night in a room with a king bed.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We stayed at this hotel during a recent driving trip, and just needed a place along the highway for a quick night's sleep. Overall, okay for that need...but the hotel just felt like it was a Hampton that had about a 75% makeover to be up to Hampton Inn standards (Hampton's are normally our favorite chain hotels for just this type of stop over).
The bedding had been upgraded to Hampton standards...but the beds themselves didn't seem up to par. The heating system was sub par....we kept turning the temperature down but the room got no cooler until we turned it off completely!
So, overall, an okay stay if you are looking for a quick stop over...but if you are looking for something closer to a restful nights sleep at your "standard" Hampton Inn, this is not the hotel for you!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

One of the nicest Hampton Inn's. Came from Omaha that day and had to be in N.J. the next night, so didn't have a chance to appreciate the location. Large "box store" just across the way was convenient for some needed items. Reccomend!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee? Share your experiences!