“Average Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Average Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel was an average hampton inn, clean, quiet and easy to find. If I could give 3.5 stars I would. The front desk staff was not very friendly, but they were efficient. The hotel had bus loads of teenagers, so the pool area was completely packed and as loud as a sporting event. It was so crowded and rowdy from the teenagers I had to leave. I didn't really notice there presence in other areas of the hotel.

One thing I did notice that was alarming was it appeared that a member of the cleaning staff let a friend of hers into the caged dumpster area and it looked like they were stashing something there on the property. Seemed very shady, but you get that in a lot of places.

I would stay there again if I were passing through town.

Room Tip: The fourth floor seemed very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I was sorry to read that the desk staff was not showing Hamptonality as they should have! I am not sure about your obersvations regarding the dumpster area, but certainly will be worth watching. We would love to have the opportunity to serve you again.

All the best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very nice room with nice breakfast. Waffles, eggs, sausage bagels. Good location near turnpike and restaurants. Nice flat screen tv. Maybe 20 minutes from downtown Toledo 30 minutes from Michigan. Hampton motels are on the pricier side but always nice, clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
First of all thank you for your time in sharing your experience with us about your recent stay. I am very appreciative of your kinds comments and pleased all was to your liking. This means so much to myself and staff.... taking care of you and hope you can depend on us as a home away from home.

Best regards
Hamilton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I can always depend on Hampton Inn being clean and the staff are always helpful. I wont stay anywhere else. The Breakfast that are included save us so much money every vacation as a family. It is always superb!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Your gracious comments about your recent stay with us were a pleaseure to read. I am so happy that you enjoyed your expericence and hope to see you in the future. I look forward to sharing this with my Hampton Inn-Maumee Team.

All the best!
West of Philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had the breakfast, usual microwaved stuff. The eggs appeared to have been powdered eggs that when reconstituted ended up being cooked way too long. The room itself was nice, though. The pool setup looked good but I didn't bring my suit so was unable to try it out. One indoor and one outdoor. Also, the fitness center looked a little larger than usual for these places.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I was dissappointed that the eggs were cooked in the oven too long during the time you were at breakfast. I appreciate your comments regarding the rest of your stay and your feed back will assist us in better serving our valued guests.

Kindest egards
Erie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We always look for Hampton Inns when we travel and when I saw that this hotel had not just one, but TWO pools (one inside & one out), I knew it was the place for us. I was traveling with my mother and daughters (9 and 11) and we loved the pool, the breakfast, the friendliness of the staff AND the free coffee in the lobby all day/evening (and cookies at night, too!).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for such wonderul comments and I am glad your family enjoyed the pools. I think you hit it right on the nose as the two pools are a great feature for us. I appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts and look forward to you visiting in the future.
Wish I could take a dip too!
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed in 2 hotels in Maumee during a recent road trip and the Hampton Inn beat out the Homewood Suites.

All the staff we encountered were courteous, the room was nicely appointed (the rolling desk was great for eating breakfast in the room), things felt clean and the swimming pool was spacious. The breakfast was good and they get bonus points for having 2 waffle irons (usually a long line!). They provided a nice map of the area as well.

Where was the outdoor pool? We went to the indoor pool and assumed it was out the connecting doors but that was just a sun patio.

Room Tip: They provide trays under the microwave in the dining hall to be able to carry food upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments regarding your stay with and I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay. I am sorry that you did not find the outdoor pool located at the southern end of our building. Summer time certainly means pool time and having two pools gives our guests a great choice. Please come back soon and take a dip!

All the best to you and yours!
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped over here during our interstate move and were pleased with our stay. Our room was clean, the staff was nice, and the continental breakfast was great. My only issue is that the rooms do not come with refrigerators.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I was so pleased to read that your recent stay with us almost all that your expected. You had mentioned that a refridgerator would had been an added plus for you. If available we do have rooms that feature this as well as a micro-wave. If these rooms are available they can be easily reserved at slightly higher rate. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Much appreciated!

Been to Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee? Share your experiences!