“Surprisingly nice.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 18 hotels in Maumee
Virginia Beach VA
“Surprisingly nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I am not sure about the Water Park as I was here for business. The hotel is convenient to the highway, and has many restaurant chains close by. The hotel is nice, not fancy, but is one of the new HI designs.

The room was fine, I had two beds. There is plenty of space to get around, with a desk, chair and nice tv. The bathroom has been updated, and is adequate for my stay.

I would think the nature of your visit would determine if you think the hotel is fancy enough. As this was a business trip, it met my needs, and I found it a comfortable place to be.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Debbiesky,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We cater to our business travelers and ensure they have a relaxing place to put up their feet when their hard work day is done. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was sold by the advertisement of a new hotel when booking. What a disappointment.

When we arrived and entered the lobby, we were overcome by a hot, humid lobby that reeked of chlorine. It was as though the door to the water park had been left open all day long. We were planning on eating dinner at the hotel restaurant but the smell was so bad we opted to go out.

The lady who checked us in was pleasant and quick. She did though tell us the wrong room number so after trying the keys a couple of times we trekked back downstairs in the slowest elevators out there and got things sorted out.

Once in the room, it was spacious although starting to show some wear. So much for new I guess. I went to use the restroom but the lights didn't work. Called the front desk and was informed there is a master electrical switch that needed to be turned on by the room door. Weird and not particularly safe if some one turns it off while the bathroom is occupied. Also the toilet seat was coming apart at the hinge. Housekeeping??? Might want to make note of that.

The tv is tiny and although there was a sofa in the room, it was tucked in an awkward alcove. I am not sure what is going on there. Not useful for watching tv.

There isn't a pool for guests to use other than the water park. Big thumbs down. Would have been nice to loosen up in the pool after a long drive.

You won't be seeing me here again. Too many little things going on there. There are many other hotels just around the corner that are near all the restaurants and stores.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Cpccarly,

I'm sorry you were dissappointed by the advertisment of us being a new hotel. We are the newest hotel in Maumee and are only 5 years old. We are in the process of removing the new from our booking channels.

I am really shocked you had so many little issues during your stay with us. We appreciate all your feedback and will consider them in making future decisions.

I hope you will give us another shot in the future and see that your experience is not typical for our guests.

Loveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here for business (3 nights). Location wise it is little inside. You can see hotel from main Road but access road it very narrow. I was excited to enjoy water park but when I checked In found that it open only on week end. Also it is not complimentary. which was one disappointment. Restaurant inside hotel looks nice but they don't have single vegetarian dish. (This is specific requirement so no points deduction for this). Room was nice and comfortable. Glad that they have microwave and small fridge. When I visited Gym, I could not find TV remote, when call front desk, I was told that people takes it that's why they don't keep it. so having TV in gym was not useful. this is first time I have seen. (Again nothing too bad about it). Room design can be better. Even they have hanger in such away that you can not unhook whole hanger. I felt like trust factor is missing little bit. So I did not enjoyed as such. but it is not bad choice. There is nothing terribly wrong with it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Mandar D,

We appreciate you taking the time to bring some of these issues to our attention. The waterpark is not complimentary as not all of our guests plan to utulize this feature so we do offer packages & deals for guests that would like to utulize both the hotel & waterpark. Also the waterpark is not owned by the Holiday Inn so they determine their own hours and we try to promote/sell the waterpark during that time frame.

I'm sorry there were no vegetarian options on the menu, this is something we consistently look for to ensure we cover a wide variety of guest's needs. I have forwarded your comments to the restaurant for them to look into.

I'm glad you mentioned thos anti-theft hangers, those will be disappearing in the next year or so. Holiday Inn is working on getting those removed from most of their hotels and I am glad to say we will be doing so soon.

We hope you will visit us again in the future and any issues like these that are not changed please let us know ASAP so we may correct them.

Thanks again,

Baraboo, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here with our grandchildren because the hotel had an indoor water park. They have a great package that includes 4 watermark tickets that are good for 2 days. The water park was great. The room price did not include breakfast, but kids under 12 eat free.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
shvrabec,

I'm glad to hear you had a great weekend. Our waterpark is unlike any other amenity that a hotel in our area provides and we are happy you were able to take full advantage. We hope you will come back in the future and share your experience again.

Thanks again,

Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our way to Lake Michigan from Dover Delaware. Although the price quote was a little higher than I had in my budget, they willingly gave us a room (shower only) for the price I quoted. They had a restaurant in the hotel and dinner and breakfast were very good. I think that Holiday Inn has come a long way in the past 10 years.

Room Tip: Great waterpark in the hotel. Kids appeared to be having a great time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CapitalTraveler915,

I'm glad to see you enjoyed your experience with us. We strive to provide a higher level of service than other hotels in the area, from the front desk to our restaurant. I have forwarded your kind words to our restaurant staff as well.

Holiday Inn is always changing (for the better). We try and stay ahead of the competition and always look for ways to make our guests more comfortable and enjoy themselves.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon,

Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I travel across the country frequently and often stay at Holiday Inns using the discount coupons found at the local travel areas/rest stops (FYI, i am Priority Club Member and AAA Member as well for what that's worth). My most recent trip as no different -- stopped, picked up a coupon book, called to ask the Maumee hotel if they had rooms in this category and if they would honor the coupon. Was told yes, we have 15 rooms available so I drove straight there and arrived within 30 minutes (probably near 8pm). Upon arrival, I was told, yes they have rooms, but none at that price...the best they could offer was nearly double that price. When I explained that I was just told they would honor the coupon, the front desk clerk said, "We are. You can stay with us, just not at that price." I guess we disagree about what honoring the advertised price means. We stayed at a Comfort Suite a few hundred yards away, for less than what HI advertised, and the experience couldn't have been more pleasant. Have to wonder what HI is thinking to treat frequent guests like that????

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Pds_travels,

We appreciate your feedback about the use of the Travel Coupon we offer on the Turnpike. We utulize these coupons as a way for travelers to get relief from driving all day. Since these coupons are at such a discounted rate we do not allow advanced bookings. We may be accepting them one minute but not the next based on the hotels availability, as well as the room types we have left to offer.

We strive to inform all our guests about the limited availability of these discounts when they call, but sometimes our walk in traffic is so strong we may stop taking them all together.

We hope your next time traveling through the turnpike you will give us another chance to see that we do in fact honor them just depending on the time of week and hotels availability.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our two night stay at the Holiday Inn. The room and bathroom were clean. The room was comfortable and the environment was quiet. The are a large number of restaurants in the surrounding area - many within 2 miles. We were in Maumee on business with Checker Distributor which is within 1.5 miles. We also enjoyed snooping around the Maumee Antique Mall which is a few hundred yards away (this is a very large antique mall - give yourself plenty of time). We did not eat in the hotel so I cannot comment on food quality. I can say that the front desk staff was always very helpful and very friendly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dalen K,

I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience during your stay. We have a lot of unique attractions in the Greater Maumee area. We strive to provide a higher level of service than you would find at some of our competitors and it seems we did that. I have shared your kind words to my hotel staff, we hope you will come back and visit us again soon!

Travis Maschino

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee? Share your experiences!