“Nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 hotels in Maumee
Massillon, Ohio
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We just returned from staying at the Holiday Inn Maumee. We had room 203 with one king bed and a sleeper sofa. The sleeper sofa is perfect for only one person. We also requested a crib which they provided at no additional charge. Which was nice to travel without a pack n play . We booked the pizza, pop and room deal. Our room was clean and neat upon arrival. We traveled 2.5 hours to visit this hotel because we wanted to take the kids to the waterpark. We typically visit the waterpark/hotels in Columbus but decided to make a change. The waterpark is set up very nice and appeared to be clean. The bathrooms in the waterpark needed some attention while we were there. They did however have too many people so no seats were available and no towels for a couple hours. So bring your towels if you are planning on visiting. All the staff seemed pleasant and looked like they enjoy their jobs. They do have a restaurant on site that offered a breakfast buffet which was good and reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Matheson13,

We greatly appreciate your feedback and are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive ourselves on providing the best quality of service possible.

I have forwarded your comments about the seats & towels to the waterpark manager and I'm sure they will be well received to improve service as a whole.

Thanks again and we look forward to your future stay with us!

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
bryan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

For starters the lazy river water was filthy. We watched as some people came in with dirty shoes and the staff broomed or squeeged the dirty water right into the lazy river. I opened a complaint after seeing this. I then had to park off property and walk to the entrance because of oversold waterpark conditions. My wife had a huge wait to pay for her dinner...the noise lever was terrible until after 11. The manager reimbursed me 60 for the cost of the park...which makes no sense. my room was 136 without the park and 219 with....does that equal $60..no. will never book with holiday in again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Traveler2013,

I appreciate your feedback and always look for ways we can better our business. We want to create a positive experience when you stay with us, and it seems we fell short on fulfilling this.

I have forwarded your comments to the management of the waterpark and restaurant to help them realize their short comings. In regards to the waterpark passes we reimbursed you the cost of the passes that we get charged from the waterpark themselves.

We hope you would be willing to come back and see that this is not a typical weekend for our hotel. I encourage you to give us another try and I will be happy to give you a discount for that future stay.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Redford, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was very nice. The room was clean, it was a little small for two queen beds and a pull out sofa but we made due. It was hard to see the television when sitting on the sofa because it was too far away. The hallway did have a unique smell but that just could have been from children walking the halls with wet feet coming from the water park. This is definetely a good place to take the kids for a weekend getaway. My kids had a great time. Very reasonable priced also. The hotel is pretty close to restaurants and shopping. The hotel staff was polite, there was a problem with HBO working on our tv we reported it and appearantly it was going on throughout the hotel but never got fixed and we were there for two days. Other than that I dont have any complaints I would go back and would reccommend it.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th floor, if you have more than two kids with you I would reccommend sstaying in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
LInda N,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience on Tripadvisor. We appreciate our guests giving us feedback. I was happy to see you had a great time and that we lived up to your expectations.

In regards to the HBO we are constantly working with our TV providers to resolve this issue and should have this problem resolved in the near future.

We hope you stay with us again soon and tell your friends about the service you provided.

NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I picked this hotel because of my Platinum Priority Club status. I booked a more expensive room than the basic room. With my platinum status I have always been given an upgrade. In Orlando early in 2012. I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. I was told at the desk that there are no rooms available above what you booked. I did change from a king room to 2 queens as it suited my family much better. However, while sitting in my room at 10pm, the hotel's website still showed rooms/suites available that evening. No reason I should not be offered any of these rooms.
The other main issue was the parking lot was an ice-skating rink. My wife and kids had to put their hands on the parked cars as we walked into the main entrance. I mentioned it to the front desk staff. However, the next morning, same icy condition. No precipitation overnight either, so obviously nothing was done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Mr. JMW2323,

We appreciate your feedback and loyalty to the Holiday Inn family for being a Platinum member. We know you stay with our brands regularly and try our best to accomadate all requests made. Upgrades are based upon availability we try our best to honor them if possible.

In regards to the parking lot, with this being our first snow fall we tried to manage and contain the ice & snow the best we could. We have address the concerns with our vendor in regards to clearing the parking lot to eliminate unconveniences to our guests.

Once again we appreciate your loyalty and hope you will give us another shot. If you have any more concerns or questions please feel free to email me @ tmaschino@fhginc.com.

Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very clean hotel in a nice location.

The rooms are spacious and nicely laid out. Bathrooms are clean with nice amenities.

Helpful and friendly staff goes out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful stay.

I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sturgis, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was at this location for 4 days and it is well run place. Everyone is very helpful and polite. Going extra mile on service, room was very clean. Did use meeting room for all 4 days and eat breakfast at their Restaurent. Rooms are specious and comfortable bed. Also use fitness center all 4 days. Travis, Mike and rest of team is doing excellent job. This was my business visit but once I checked out Waterpark, decided to return with my 5 yrs. old daughter. Some bad reviews are related to Waterpark and has nothing to do with hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hershey, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel was less than half full and we arrived early at 5:10 pm - they refused to accept the discount coupon. Plus, as priority club member, only got a $5.95 breakfast value whereas most Holiday Inns provide $10 breakfast coupons.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear SeniorTraveller68,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We apologize you were not fully satisfied with the breakfast you received and any inconvenience caused you during your stay. I have taken note of your comments, these will be forwarded to the proper departments. We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you as this helps us in becoming a better hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toledo-Maumee? Share your experiences!