“Bug on plate. overall poor quality food.” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 101 Restaurants in Maumee
Cuisines: American, Grill
Maumee, Ohio
“Bug on plate. overall poor quality food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My family and I went to applebees because we had been given a gift card. it was a slow wednesday evening. Our service was slow we had to wait quite sometime for most of our food to come out. when it did my food and my childrens food came out but not my wife's it tood a manager to go get her food while mine sat and got cold. While we where waiting for that my wife noticed a bug crawling around on my plate of cold garnish for my fajitas. I was disapointed before I even noticed the bug because the portion seemed rediculously small. and I opted to pay an extra dollar for what turned out to be a melonball size of guacamole. The manager came over about the bug and assured me that their restaurant was not infested and that they have the highest quality food. So i felt obligated to counter this claim with the fact that the lime served with my wifes fish meal was that funky yellow brown color you get if you cut a lime two days ahead of time and just let it sit out, there was no way that thing had been prepped anytime recently. While I watched my family eat (I refused anything else from the kitchen) I decided to use the restroom. It was filthy with papers all over the floor. High quality my A*S. The manager gave us coupons for $20 off our next meal at this location only. We won't be back to spend it.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ontario
“We like Applebee's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We always like Applebee's - we enjoy the menu options and like the 2 for $20 deal (1 appetizer and 2 meals). The food was the same as usual, tasty! It's a dependable place to go for a simple meal.

Visited May 2012
London, Canada
“Good food, reasonable price and close to hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed at the hotel located next door. The food was good. I had steak, mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables with garlic seasoning. The mashed potatoes were excellent. Our waiter was very polite and kind. Great place to dine with kids. The hotel offers a 10% off your meals at Applebees, a nice little bonus!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sandusky, Ohio
“great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

The food and the service were excellent. They have a nice variety of food.

Louisville
“Food was good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn next door and it was convenient to eat here.

Visited January 2012

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!