“Acceptable, but not much more.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   150 Dussel Drive, Maumee, OH 43537 (Formerly Econo Lodge Maumee)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Kalamazoo, MI
“Acceptable, but not much more.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We only paid $40 for the night so given that price I didn't expect much. The bed was fine which was really all we needed. It was quiet. When we checked in the guy said the key card machine wasn't working so he let us into our room with his key but couldn't give us a key. Huh? Fortunately we were in for the night, but otherwise pretty inconvenient. He told us just to come back to the desk if we needed to get back into the room. Breakfast was coffee and boxed donuts and cereal.

Room Tip: Good location for getting on and off the turnpike
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that your stay was enjoyable, and we do hope to be of service to you again in the future You will be glad the key machine has been fixed we thank you for your patience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Booked this to have a place to swim on a hot week-end. There is no pool there. They have 1 broken down chair. it looks over the dirt where the pool used to be. Able to get a full refund from the 800 company that was running the scam. They said it was not advertised as a pool but guess what it is listed on the hotel features a POOL. Something is wrong here folks . Management gave us a hard time, do yourself a favor and never use this place.
R.Chamberlain

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hello
I was able to trace your reservation to expedia.com which claims the guest was never told their was pool onsite. The reason we could not issuing a refund at the hotel was the fact the the payment you made was through expedia so the hotel has to go through proper channels to issue a refund.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

Me n my family stayed their few days ago. Very nice n clean area very quite. Room was Nicely cleaned n kids enjoy their breakfast. Price was reasonable too.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your recent visit to the Americas Best Value Inn. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you all the best in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My confirmation was for TWO nights. When I left the hotel, for the day, after my first night, everything I had left in my room was thrown out. This includes a Ralph Lauren Polo Shirt I had soaking in my sink. Some, but not all, of the items were subsequently retrieved from the trash, BUT I DOUBT I WILL BE WEARING THAT POLO SHIRT AGAIN!! The hotel manager said he thought I had already checked out, despite my two night reservation. This is unforgivable. Management comprehension of English was very limited and they seemed very aloof.

Despite being a "non-smoking room", at least one of my pillowcases reeked of tobacco odors.

I agree 100% with Traveler325 about stale, limited "breakfasts".

No chance I will go back.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
maumeemike, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks for staying. I apologize that the service did not completely meet your standards. We take all our guest feedback to heart, and will use this to improve our service for our guest in the future. Your satisfaction is our measuring stick. I hope that you will consider us again on your next trip to Toledo.
Newark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Pros:

-Looks to be run by a family. They were pleasant, but made no special effort to be helpful.
-Outside is well kept.
-Area was quiet
-Inside looked like it was reasonably well cleaned (day-to-day cleaning)

Cons:

-I had trouble believing it was renovated 2 years ago. Looked like it really needed a deep cleaning- perhaps replacement carpet, tiles, etc. because it was worn and had the built in dirt that day-to-day cleaning can't take out.

-Because it looked so grungy, I felt neurotic (unusual for me) and did not want to touch anything.

- Breakfast consisted of your choice of 2 types of cereal, an english muffin, orange juice and soapy coffee. Not impressive to say the least.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
“We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011 via mobile

We just stayed at this hotel for several nights and I didn't expect it to be wonderful at this low of a price, but I did expect to at least have some minimal quality of service. Our room was fairly clean when we arrived, but there weren't enough towels so we called for more towels and were told we couldn't have any until the cleaning person came in the next day at 9:30. Also, a continental breakfast is advertised which consisted of some cereal that looked like it had been there a while milk in a pitcher that had lines on it where the milk level had been for several days. There were a few english muffins laying on the counter and there was coffee but no cups or creamer. We were there 6 nights and our room was cleaned 2 times. The other times we just had some towels thrown in a pile in the bathroom. The trash wasn't even emptied. Very poor customer service. We will not be back.

• Stayed July 2011
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your input, and I am so sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us.
We strive for perfection and satisfaction, and I am sorry we did not hit that mark this time. I hope we get a chance to earn your trust in the future.

mike
Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I am a 50 yr old professional traveling with 3 generations of family requiring 2 rooms. We had an unpleasant experience and would not stay here again. The building itself is newly freshened up, generally clean, and basic, as you would expect at this price. We paid for the rooms and pulled around to unload to find the manager yelling at a man in our room to get out, who apparently had been squatting there, taking a shower, with a can of Pringles on the table inside. Seeing me, he moved us to 2 adjacent rooms. At midnight we discovered the toilet did not work. I complained, and he gave me the key to the original room. I objected that it was a dirty room, a man was just showering there. He insisted it was clean. I went back to look at it; the shower was wet, a towel was missing, the tub was dirty. I demanded that he give me some cleaning supplies, I would clean the tub myself. He insisted the room was clean. He refused, either because he couldn't or simply wouldn't. He gave me a key to a room in another building, separating the family with grandmother and children. At 12.30 am I did not want this kind of hassle; my wife agreed to stay, get it over with, and would not go in the shower next morning. We moved to the dirty room. Our neighbor was setting off firecrackers in front of our car. Men were milling about with 6-packs. The place has the feel of a place for grifters, with a share of longer term tenants.
The a/c worked and provided some white noise, I was not disturbed overnight with noise. The beds seemed clean. There is something amiss when a motel will not even allow you to clean your own room. I am easy to please and do not complain easily. I do not recommend this establishment.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
maumeemike, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are continually striving to make improvements here at the hotel , working on cleanliness and most importantly, making sure we provide the best customer service we can. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you back in the future!

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo? Share your experiences!