“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee

You added Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   542 West Dussel Dr., Maumee, OH 43537 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Toledo - Maumee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Cleveland, Ohio
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Old, smelly, and decrepit. All the finishes in the room are used, worn, and run down. You couldn't pay me to stay at the PIG PEN again.
The floors in the kitchen and bathroom hadn't been cleaned in ages and the carpet and furniture reeked of smoke. This room was scarier than a haunted house, I was afraid to touch anything in fear of it being dirty.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Traveling at night, after a last minute decision to find a hotel for a good nights sleep, brought me here. Found this hotel online and booked. Since I was checking in late (11:30ish) I had to use the outdoor phone to contact front desk. Seemed kinda odd, a intercom could have sufficed. Lobby area is very uninviting, it felt like I was checking into a urgent care. Front desk person was really nice and helpful. I got my set of dishes, to eat a late night snack, and headed to my room. This hotel truly needs to be updated. I was given a smoking room (which was all that was left for the evening), but the whole 3rd floor hallway to the room smelled like smoke. The room was spacious but outdated.Towels where super thin and a few had small holes in them. I believe they offered free wifi, but I never connected. I got a decent nights sleep. For breakfast, I grabbed a hot tea and a muffin and got back on the road. Would I stay again? Probably not, unless I'd heard/read that the hotel had been updated.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with with our service and you were able to get a decent nights sleep. Still, I am disheartened to read that you found our hotel to be outdated. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at tlm2@extendedstay.com. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Palm Coast, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel at least twice a year for about 5 year. We are here now and are very disappointed in this stay. This hotel does not have dishes,cookware, coffee pot, hair dryer any longer. We can go to lobby and ask for the dishes we need, but why is that? Also this is not a discount hotel but I am staying 8 nights and get no cleaning until the night before. I have to take out my trash, take my towels down to the front desk to get clean ones. I also asked why the two tables at the pool have no shade umbrella's any longer and was told the broke. . I am sorry but you can buy two new ones at a store for $25.00 less than a mile away. This is less than one night charge for one person. If this hotel can not afford to run close it up. I pay 82.00 a night and deserve some services. I will never stay again. one other thing I made reservation at least two months before the stqay and asked for a first floor room, but ended on second floor.

Room Tip: give service for price or reduce price.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you are disappointed in your stay with us. In regards to our kitchenware, we are now storing all kitchenware in a sterile environment so we can ensure our guests are receiving the cleanest items possible. We apologize that this was not explained during check-in. We will work with our front desk staff to make sure we are fully informing our guests of our available amenities at check-in. In response to your feedback, we're currently looking into getting some umbrellas for the tables by the pool.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. To discuss further, please contact us at TLM@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Palm Coast, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Have had extended stays here over the last 10 years, hotel WAS VERY nice. Hotel is still o.k., but the repairs are visible, they took out the dishes, pots and pans, but you still can get then from the office. I hat the way they make the beds (short sheet the beds), can be remade easy enough but I forget and have to get back up and remake the bed. Staff is nice, helpful, and friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff; however, we are sorry that you were not pleased with how your bed was made. We will be meeting with our housekeeping staff and going over the company standard for making a bed.

usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This place needs a serious remodel. The carpets have to be more than 20 years old and really, are disgusting. Tables and chairs are old and stained, and the bed was horribly uncomfortable. They did what they could with trying to keep the place clean, but trying to clean up a run down mess doesn't get you very far. The people working there are all so nice (Megan) however, and really deserve a better work environment.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that the carpets were not up to standards. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be replacing much of the carpet in our hotel moving forward. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at TLM@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Overall fairly clean. Very outdated. Did not feel safe at all! Several police were pounding on the door down the hall. Paramedics took someone away. I asked at the front desk, what was going on, and was told it was none of my concern! Then, this morning, my friend was sworn at by another guest in the elevator...then he pushed her out of the way and took off running down the hall!!! He actually put his hands on her and pushed her!! Wow! I guess he thought we were taking too long loading into the elevator. Rough area....friendly staff...felt very unsafe at this hotel! Would NEVER stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We are glad that you found your room to be clean and our staff to be friendly; however, we apologize for the disturbances you experienced during your stay. We will be retraining our staff so that they can provide proper service to our guests during all situations. Please accept our apologies.

We truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention; it will help us keep our guests happy and safe in the future. To discuss further, please contact us at TLM@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

A pipe burst in my apartment and it completely flooded so I needed a place to stay. This place was down the street from my house so I thought I would give it a try. I moved all of my stuff into the hotel room and then it just went downhill from there. I found a half eaten cake in my kitchen cabinets, which of course left me wondering what else wasn't clean in my room. The couch had stains all over it and felt like a concrete block, not to mention I got bit by something while sitting on it. I felt completely gross while staying here and I begged my insurance company to let me move. Luckily i only had to stay two days before I moved to the residence inn at marriott which is about 100x better. My neighbor is also there and she found bugs in her bathroom and is currently trying to move. I will definitely never be back there, it was just disgusting.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Kristine - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for level of cleanliness in your room, which was not in line with our company's high standards. Please know, I have brought your comments to the attention of our team, and they are working to improve their cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies so this type of issue is not repeated.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I hope you are able to get back to your apartment as soon as possible. I also hope that you will contact me directly, at TLM@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee? Share your experiences!