“The staff is super nice...but that is the only thing. ” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   542 West Dussel Dr., Maumee, OH 43537 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Toledo - Maumee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Maumee
usa
“The staff is super nice...but that is the only thing. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place needs a serious remodel. The carpets have to be more than 20 years old and really, are disgusting. Tables and chairs are old and stained, and the bed was horribly uncomfortable. They did what they could with trying to keep the place clean, but trying to clean up a run down mess doesn't get you very far. The people working there are all so nice (Megan) however, and really deserve a better work environment.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that the carpets were not up to standards. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be replacing much of the carpet in our hotel moving forward. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at TLM@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall fairly clean. Very outdated. Did not feel safe at all! Several police were pounding on the door down the hall. Paramedics took someone away. I asked at the front desk, what was going on, and was told it was none of my concern! Then, this morning, my friend was sworn at by another guest in the elevator...then he pushed her out of the way and took off running down the hall!!! He actually put his hands on her and pushed her!! Wow! I guess he thought we were taking too long loading into the elevator. Rough area....friendly staff...felt very unsafe at this hotel! Would NEVER stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We are glad that you found your room to be clean and our staff to be friendly; however, we apologize for the disturbances you experienced during your stay. We will be retraining our staff so that they can provide proper service to our guests during all situations. Please accept our apologies.

We truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention; it will help us keep our guests happy and safe in the future. To discuss further, please contact us at TLM@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

A pipe burst in my apartment and it completely flooded so I needed a place to stay. This place was down the street from my house so I thought I would give it a try. I moved all of my stuff into the hotel room and then it just went downhill from there. I found a half eaten cake in my kitchen cabinets, which of course left me wondering what else wasn't clean in my room. The couch had stains all over it and felt like a concrete block, not to mention I got bit by something while sitting on it. I felt completely gross while staying here and I begged my insurance company to let me move. Luckily i only had to stay two days before I moved to the residence inn at marriott which is about 100x better. My neighbor is also there and she found bugs in her bathroom and is currently trying to move. I will definitely never be back there, it was just disgusting.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Kristine - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for level of cleanliness in your room, which was not in line with our company's high standards. Please know, I have brought your comments to the attention of our team, and they are working to improve their cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies so this type of issue is not repeated.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I hope you are able to get back to your apartment as soon as possible. I also hope that you will contact me directly, at TLM@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in the area.
central florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We recently stayed at the Extended Stay America in South Toledo. We were in town for a wedding and, having previously stayed at Extended Stays in other parts of the country,we chose this one. We were not disappointed. The hotel is just what you would hope for - very quiet,very clean,polite staff. It is very convient to major roadways and the area is active with many restaurants and stores. When we book with this hotel chain, we always call the local number and talk directly with the hotel. We negotiate the best price compared to calling the nationwide number. Our only negative is that the kitchen is always stocked very minimally - 2 plates,2 cups, 2 forks, etc. We would like to see the management go to Wal-Mart and purchase additional items but we are not in charge. Overall, we highly recommend this hotel !!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We were glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and the hotel's cleanliness. We're sorry to hear that you felt that the kitchen wasn't properly stocked with enough utensils and plates for you and your family. We will be sure to make every guest aware that any additional dishware needed is available at our front desk to ensure your experience is not repeated. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Haskins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

It's everything you could hope for in a hotel at that price. It's clean, in a safe location, near a lot of restaurants and expressway, and there's always a stocked muffin basket in the mornings. The part that makes it a step above the rest is the people that work there. Everyone is great at customer service, especially Megyn. Thanks to all that work there, it was a pleasant 16 night stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that our hotel was everything you hoped for and I will let Megan know that her customer service was exceptional during your stay.

South Hero, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had to come to town because of a unexpected family illness, without a big budget right around the holidays. So I aimed low and checked the prices of traditional low price hotels in the area, they were unwilling to lower prices as the overnight times rose and had no extras for a longer stay.
I went to this hotel and was greeted by Krista, she was warm, kind, and understanding. She was able to get me a great price with AAA, she was able to work with the prices as the days ran on and we got a room with a kitchen......beautiful! ! I was not at hotel to vacation, it exactly fit what it was needed for. Because we were coming and going I found it more convenient to stop at front desk and ask for what I needed rather than paying extra for housekeeping. I saw some negitive reviews and I did not have that experience at all. My spouse is extra sensitive to the cleaning chemicals that most, unfortunately, hotels use and this was one of the only ones in the area that did not use them. Like most places the staff can make or break an experience, the staff was great. Krista and her "twin sister" were always there if needed.
Would not hesitate to stay there again if needed.

Room Tip: Extra days bring down day to day cost....use any extra discount you may have, they will honor....and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Kel - It is so rewarding to read that you had a fantastic stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that a family illness brought you to our property, but glad that our hotel provided you with everything that you needed. It is great to know that your room, especially the kitchen, was a great addition to your stay and that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.

Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Had a non smoking room but the hall smelled like an ash tray. Very nice people. Room decor out dated but love the kitchenette. Fairly priced! Also not to thrilled on how the front door locks and I have to run downstairs to let a family member or friend in if they don't have a room key. I didn't have laundry to do but when I peaked in it was decent looking.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a fairly priced room that had a fully equipped kitchen.

Been to Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee? Share your experiences!