“Became our home away from home.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   542 West Dussel Dr., Maumee, OH 43537 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Toledo - Maumee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Maumee
Holland, Michigan
“Became our home away from home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed in Toledo for several weeks while my partner was receiving chemo and radiation. The staff was ALWAYS extremely friendly and helpful and it meant a lot to have a more "homey" atmosphere with a very well stocked kitchenette (especially when he was having trouble eating).Our only complaint was that the doors really need to have a "handicap" access button. I noticed several people (young and old--handicapped and not) struggling with getting the carts in, bringing in luggage, groceries, etc. The staff would always come out and open doors if they saw people having difficulty and weren't busy, but I know they have more to do that that. These buttons should be put on both the entrance door and the door between the lobby and the hall. It doesn't help to have handicapped accessible showers, pool, etc., if people can't get in the front door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our front desk. I am glad to read that you were pleased with Kitchens in the rooms. Please know that I have passed along your ideas about having a handicap accessible entrance door. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Muncie, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Booked through Priceline on one of the "mystery" hotel options for $35. Rated a 2.5 star so I didn't think I could go wrong for the price. In actuality, I think it was worth about $35.
Wish I would have spent a few extra bucks and bumped to 3 star.
Dislikes: Only smoking rooms available. Breakfast consisted of a muffin and granola bars, hot choc and coffee. Nice 35" TV in room but positioned at a bad angle to see from bed and too far away. A/C struggled to keep room at a comfortable temp and was very noisy throughout the night. Free Internet very slow (upgrades for additional $ available)
Likes: The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. Nice large rooms with many large clean mirrors throughout.
Excellent location and parking.
Bed and pillows very comfortable.
Bottom line here is remember that if a deal seems too good to be true it probably is ...no more "mystery" options for me.
I honestly don't think that these "extended stay" hotels should be grouped with the other hotels on Priceline ...they are not a standard hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Your comments in regards to our office staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read about the noisy A/C unit and slow WiFi. In response to your feedback, I am going to look into why our free WiFi was so slow and fix the A/C unit in your room.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at TLM@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Davison, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We go to the Toledo area every year to get a zoo membership and spend a couple days with the kids. Until now, we have spent time in a number of dives. We now found the place we will stay every time we go. With excellent services, easy check-in, great location, convenient parking and a full kitchen this place is a great value for the price. The room was clean, spacious, and the kids thought it was so cool that we cooked a big breakfast right in the room.
I would recommend Extended Stay of Maumee to any family looking for a clean and affordable place to stay for a family getaway, this is it.

Room Tip: Ask about discounts. They offer many. With a full kitchen and grocery store within 2 miles, you can...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your family experienced an easy check-in and that our staff provided you with such excellent service. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the kitchen that is included. Cooking breakfast with the family is just one of the reasons why we love having this amenity available to all of our guests!

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I wanted to take this opportunity to commend both Meagan and Krista on their hospitality during my recent stay. Both of these ladies were very helpful at my check in and continued to be so throughout my stay. I also comment the room service for my room was very clean upon arrival.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Paul - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about our staff, especially Megan and Krista. I am proud of our team for providing you with excellent guest service. Also, I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable.

Troy, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Extended stay deep cleaned our suite before we arrived but but we were in charge during our stay. Consequently our bill was much lower than it would otherwise have been. Each unit has a full working kitchen which meant we were able to do our own cooking and eat healthy food that would have been very exponsive throughout our 7 night stay which resulted in another deep savings. The rooms are very simple but comfortable which is all we require. The internet worked perfectly which is a requirement for us since our trips are usually business trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the in-room kitchen. We are so happy that you were able to save money, do your own cooking and eat healthy by having this amenity in your room!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Not the first time we've used Extended Stay America - this is the 3rd time. Haven't been disappointed yet. They're not upscale, don't expect valet service, luxury suite, etc... It is an excellent value for the low price paid... plus, you get the comfort of having a kitchen within your mini-suite... Pleasantly surprised that they also started including a light breakfast. Will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Had a non-smokers room on the 1st level... clean, quiet... "queen deluxe"... not as expens...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Luc - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the new grab and go breakfast. We truly enjoyed having you stay at our hotel and hope you will spend your fourth visit with us!
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 months. They offers us Long Term lodging which gave us almost 50% discount on current prices. So we got deluxe suite. It was absolutely perfect for both of us. Suites are very well equipped with full size Kitchens and spacious. Staff was helpful. Even eith Long term Lodging thing we got lease agreement kind of thing which can be used as address proof (which is add-on).
Location wise it is right off the I-75.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in the Deluxe Suite. As well, I am extremely happy to know that the full-size kitchen and spaciousness of the rooms were a wonderful addition to your stay. I will also be sure to tell the staff your kind words about how helpful they were.

Been to Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee? Share your experiences!