“Good Way to Save Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   542 West Dussel Dr., Maumee, OH 43537 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Toledo - Maumee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 18 hotels in Maumee
Troy, NY
“Good Way to Save Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Extended stay deep cleaned our suite before we arrived but but we were in charge during our stay. Consequently our bill was much lower than it would otherwise have been. Each unit has a full working kitchen which meant we were able to do our own cooking and eat healthy food that would have been very exponsive throughout our 7 night stay which resulted in another deep savings. The rooms are very simple but comfortable which is all we require. The internet worked perfectly which is a requirement for us since our trips are usually business trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the in-room kitchen. We are so happy that you were able to save money, do your own cooking and eat healthy by having this amenity in your room!

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Not the first time we've used Extended Stay America - this is the 3rd time. Haven't been disappointed yet. They're not upscale, don't expect valet service, luxury suite, etc... It is an excellent value for the low price paid... plus, you get the comfort of having a kitchen within your mini-suite... Pleasantly surprised that they also started including a light breakfast. Will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Had a non-smokers room on the 1st level... clean, quiet... "queen deluxe"... not as expens...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Luc - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the new grab and go breakfast. We truly enjoyed having you stay at our hotel and hope you will spend your fourth visit with us!
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 months. They offers us Long Term lodging which gave us almost 50% discount on current prices. So we got deluxe suite. It was absolutely perfect for both of us. Suites are very well equipped with full size Kitchens and spacious. Staff was helpful. Even eith Long term Lodging thing we got lease agreement kind of thing which can be used as address proof (which is add-on).
Location wise it is right off the I-75.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in the Deluxe Suite. As well, I am extremely happy to know that the full-size kitchen and spaciousness of the rooms were a wonderful addition to your stay. I will also be sure to tell the staff your kind words about how helpful they were.

North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Lived in South Toledo for years, and was back in town for a wedding. Did not want to drop a pile of $, so booked the place cheap. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. The staff was more than friendly and made check in and out a breeze. The room was clean with a comfortable bed (bring your own pillow as theirs are a little better than a piece of foam with a pillow case on it). We loved that the window opened so we could get some fresh air. We did not use the kitchen for more than the fridge, but what a great idea if we had been staying longer. The room was huge in total and had lots of big mirrors for getting ready for the wedding. The bathroom was very clean with a few chips in the tub, but no big deal. The water pressure was great and hot (something that we usually criticize at other hotels). Bathroom had a curiously low vanity. Not a big deal, but just odd. Maybe for accessability? No breakfast is supplied, but we knew that so we got some Wixey's doughnuts the night before, and it was better than anything I have ever had at a hotel free breakfast. The whole place was quiet (I suspect this place is alot busier during the week), and the only strange thing outside the room was a funny (cleanser) smell in the hallways, but it was not noticeable in the room. We liked that you needed a key card to enter the building after a certain time of night. (maybe 10?) It is just nice to feel safe that folks can't just wander into the building. Overall, this is an EXCELLENT value for the money, and if we are in a similar situation, we will definately go back again. If any of the staff is reading this, thank you for a great customer service experience.

Jeff in Stark Co. Ohio

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Jeff, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. We would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Thanks again for your kind words
Defiance, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I really enjoyed staying here. It was super clean and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We worked third shift and had to check in very late, I was not the friendliest at that time due to being tired and hadn't realized I would be staying out of town, but the girl that checked us in was most friendly and helped to put me at ease.
The room was perfect and had everything needed to make an extended stay enjoyable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Studio Plus Toledo - Maumee. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to read your feedback on the service you received. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

albany,wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Excellent service from start to finish. Making reservations and checking in was a snap. Staff is friendly and courteous and greeted us every time we came and went during our stay. Room was very clean. Convenience of full kitchen was a definate plus. Most comfortable bed I have ever had in a hotel room and slept all night through for the 3 night stay there. Will definately stay again when in the area. Cant beat the value compared to other hotels in the area. They were about half the price and for the full kitchen and laundry services it was definately worth it. Outdoor pool and exercise room are also part of the amenities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Maumee, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights because I got an online deal and it was across the street from El Camino where I was having a girls night out. I was in a hurry when I got there, so I didn't have time to look over the room and dropped my stuff and left. When my husband got there and I got back, we noticed that the room was not in the cleanest condition. There was a piece of hard candy stuck to the carpet, the shower had hair all over, and there was a cockroach or some other kind of bug that had to be killed. Internet had to be bought separately and I couldn't bill it to my room because I had booked through an outside website. It was SOOOO noisy at night, the walls were like paper. There are way nicer hotels to stay at around the area for a better price. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Been to Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee? Share your experiences!