“Feels Like Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   542 West Dussel Dr., Maumee, OH 43537 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Toledo - Maumee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 18 hotels in Maumee
Colorado Springs, CO
“Feels Like Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for almost a year because of a work assignment. I have to say the staff here is amazing. Every person on the staff is professional and friendly. They will make you feel like you are right at home.
The rooms are good sized and the beds are very comfortable. The kitchen has everything you need like a full sized refridgerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave.
There are numerous restaurants within a few hundred yards that are easily walkable. If you ask the people at the front desk they will tell you about discounts you can get at some of them because you are staying at the hotel. If you want to order in they have Papa John's Pizza's phone number right on the key card and they will come to you.
The internet connection is not blazing but it is free and adequate for most business needs. The front desk staff is always helpful if you need to fax something or make copies.
There is a laundry room on site and it is clean and convenient.
All in all this has been a great place to stay. :-)

Room Tip: I would recomend taking a room away from the stairs. The noise does travel a bit from people going...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Toledo - Maumee. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
toledo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Pet stains on carpeting. Needs to be redecorated. Stale smell.

This hotel had numerous families staying there with 4 or 5 children in each room. One day I needed to speak with the manager about something and I witnessed the following: a middle aged women sitting at the office desk inquiring if the hotel 'took section 8'. This women had 5 children in tow. When the desk clerk told her they did not accept section 8, she replied in between chomping on a donut ," you sure , chomp, chomp, you don't take section 8, chomp chomp." They may as well have taken section 8 because of all the 'single moms' that reside there with their children.

Don't expect to get a nights sleep at this hotel under any circumstances. These 'children' are allowed to play in the halls and they make an enormous amount of noise because they are unsupervised.

This hotels 'swimming pool' is the size of a bathtub!

You get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
annapolis, md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We just needed a pet friendly stopover on our way to Chicago. They did not even have a lobby, just an office. I felt like I was interviewing for a job rather than checking into a hotel as I was seated at a desk across from the employee as I filled out the paperwork. She told me the front desk closes by 11:00 p.m. but said that there was "someone" who would be around. Not sure what that meant.

Room was on the first floor and was a handicapped equipped studio suite. Bedding was subpar, lighting poor, decorations, furniture and accessories all low quality. We had to prop the tub drain open with a spoon, otherwise it would not drain if you were taking a shower. Sure hope I didn't get charged for that! You do get a lot of space for the $70 we paid for the night, but it almost seemed expensive compared to the value received. (Especially since on our return trip, we stayed at the Homewood Suites across the street) Yes, we paid $35 dollars more but got a beautiful room, top quality bedding, granite countertops, hot breakfast, hot supper, beer/wine, restaurant menus, and a full service staff.

The kitchen was equipped with the mere basics, if that. Don't think I could actually cook a meal here as it lacked the proper utensils/pans Considering this place is designed for longer stays, it would have been nice to have a restaurant guide/menus, indicating some delivery places. The location was good. There were plenty of eateries and a large grocery store nearby. I wouldn't stay here again, unless I was in a snowstorm and it was the only place available. There are just too many other, more favorable options for lodging.

• Stayed June 2010
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Good size suite, comfortable bed, clean room and bath, full-size kitchen - everything and then some at a fair price! We were very pleased with our one-night stay when passing through the area. There is a barbeque restaurant right next door, and a Cracker Barrel just the other side of that. Several other restaurants nearby. The only negative we could come up with was the tap water - very high in chlorine compared to what we are used to (not the hotel's fault), so the morning coffee we made was not very good. Would recommend bottled/jug water to have on hand.
Note: There was a lot of road construction when we were there, so getting to the restaurants even right across the street would require driving. But don't let that deter you from selecting the StudioPlus - the construction won't last forever!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I stayed at the StudioPlus Toledo-Maumee on the first night of a cross-country driving trip. I was surprised by how fantastic the hotel room was, considering how little I paid to spend the night. The room was clean and comfortable, and the location was, if I remember correctly, no more than 2-3 miles away from the I-90 W corridor. The front desk clerk was friendly and professional, and I really couldn't have asked for anything more during my stay. During the night I stayed there, there was loud music being played nearby, but by the time I went to bed, the situation had been well taken in hand. Bravo, StudioPlus!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

Spent three weeks at this hotel and could not have asked for a better experience. An incredible selection of dining spots are within walking distance. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Will undoubtedly stay here again when in the Toledo area.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee? Share your experiences!