“Fan freaking tastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Maumee
Farwell, Michigan, United States
“Fan freaking tastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I travel a lot for business and I always stay at a Red Roof Inn. But this one by far is the best that I have ever stayed. Here the friendly staff treats every guest like number one. Even when my wife call to be connected to my room she was also treated like a guest. Tashia at the front desk went above and beyond anything I expected. If not anything she will be the reason I stay there if I need a room for the night or week around Maumee OH.

Room Tip: Higher floors are great because your out of the elements when trying to get into your room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Good Afternoon! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are always happy to hear from our satisfied guests and thrilled that Tashia made such a great impression on you. Our goal is to deliver a great experience to every guest. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again when you are in the Toledo area.

Best Regards,
Linda Scott

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had read some reviews of the place that were not too good but when I saw that the manager took the time to respond to them on here I knew there was someone there who was on top of things so I decided to give it a try.
I got there and they are probably the friendliest group of people. One gentleman was nice enough to dig me out some menus for the local food places and I did nor have my redo card number and he looked it up and got me my pints for the stay.
The room was clean and fresh smelling. I always hate when the non smoking rooms have an odor of smoke to them but this one was nice a clean.
The bed was so comfortable that if I had a way to get it home I would have offered to buy it and that is no lie.
In the ironing I got a newspaper and was greeted by a new group of friendly faces.
The Red Roof my not be the top of the line hotel but for my business travels this was a nice gem in the mix.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We work very hard to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay with us and have a clean comfortable room. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Red Roof Inn in Maumee is located next door to the Maumee Sports Mall. It's also located near a variety of restaurants so you don't have to drive to get good food. The room we stayed in was clean. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were a bit stuffed. There is no continental breakfast nor was there an iron in the room. If your looking for a clean, inexpensive place to stay, this is the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the second building so you are off the main road.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on trip adivisor. We strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. I will share your review with our housekeeping staff who will certainly appreciate your comments! We hope to see you again when you are in the area. Safe travels!
New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

On a cross country trip we chose this hotel because we were traveling with a dog and we like their pet policy. The two-bed room was on the first floor which made loading and unloading easy. I tend to like the old style "motel" where you can park right in front of your room's door, although I know some people prefer interior corridors for safety reasons.
The room (Deluxe 2 full beds) was adequate and the beds were comfortable. It was NOT as clean as I would have liked (under the beds, behind the night table between beds were pretty disgusting). It was pretty much what I expect out of a Red Roof Inn. No breakfast is offered in the Red Roof Inns as far as I know. However, this chain does allow pets to stay free, which few hotels do these days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you had a quiet and restful stay and we love it when our guests bring their furry family members along. I certainly do apologize for under the bed and behind the night stand. We actually have just started our spring cleaning where we move the beds, furniture and wash all the walls down. We hope to see you again when traveling through our area!
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here during a brief visit to the area. Our room was on the 2nd floor of the building not housing the lobby. My biggest complaint is this building is not secured in any manner. The first glass door opened only to the stairway, there was another door at the top of the stairway. Neither of these doors was locked at any time. Pretty frightening to think that anyone at all could be waiting for you outside (or inside) your room. I would NOT recommend this facility to anyone traveling alone. The room was fine for the price, but it was always too hot or too cold - no happy medium! We left the room for breakfast at about 9 AM returned about 12:30. Though the hotel wasn't crowded, our room had not been cleaned. The maid knocked around 1:15 - by that time, there was no reason for her to do anything but give us clean towels. They could definitely make some improvements

Room Tip: Check the heating/cooling system. Check the location of the room to be sure you feel safe.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We certainly appreciate your feedback and our guests comfort and safety are always our top priority. We take every measure to make sure each guest feels that way and I apologize that you left not feeling as such. Our housekeeping staffs are supposed to clean some check out rooms first in case of early arrivals until noon and then clean stay over rooms. Any special requests are honored by our staff such as room placement and room service. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area.
Emmaus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place is right off the Ohio Turnpike, and our room faced it. There is very little sound-proofing, and it was rather noisy all night. Also the toilet backed-up.

Otherwise it is an OK place, with good sized rooms and comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the Turnpike.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry for the traffic noise and the toilet tank running. I will have our maintenance person fix the toilet right away. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area. Have a great Holiday!
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times and have always had a clean well-appointed room at a great value. The staff is terrific. It is very easy to locate and get to, and close to a wide variety of restaurants, as no food is served at the motel.

Room Tip: There are no elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you Gary for taking the time to let other visitors to our area know about our hotel! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again. I will share your review with the staff - it will make their day!

Been to Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee? Share your experiences!