“Really enjoyed my stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Milton, Delaware, United States
“Really enjoyed my stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here 8 years ago, and again recently for 3 nights, and had a very positive experience on both visits. Friendly staff, clean, comfortable rooms, and decor, reasonably priced. Location is close-by many restaurants where hotel guests receive a 10-15% discount. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had just returned from a subpar trip from Cedar Point (with all blame on Breakers Express) and we needed a better experience on the way back. So I used Hotwire to find a good price and found a good one! Stopped at Shortys BBQ and then arrived. So during check in the fire alarm goes off! We had to wait an hour for that to be solved. The front desk clerk was put to the test and so were the maintenance staff. They passed. But other than that the kids enjoyed the pool & buffet. There was a rude soccer team with rowdy kids that took over the pool. But it's funny how perception is, when I'm traveling with my kids basketball team and they take over the pool I'm not outraged. Good times.

• Stayed August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we checked in, we felt unwelcome. The staff at the front desk were very unhelpful and bordering on rude. We were given a 2-Queen room after asking for a King and being told only a King suite was available. It was on the 1st floor, about 3 doors down from the elevators and indoor pool. When we asked if they had anything that wasn't on the main floor, we were promptly and rudely told "No." We got into our room, which was at least clean. We noticed a picnic table outside our window... Little did I realize this was the smoking spot for the staff. What a lovely view!
The hotel was very loud and I did not get a good nights sleep. The "breakfast" was a disaster. As we left our room in the morning, I could smell cigarette smoke and noticed two staff outside smoking with the door propped open to the main hallway. Just what you want to see and smell on your way to breakfast!! When we got to breakfast, the bread bin was all but empty, there was NO yogurt or skim milk, and cereal but no bowls. The scraps of eggs and meat that was left looked like they had been cooked three hours prior. When another guest asked the one staff member working for yogurt, she grumbled and said, "you'll have to give me a minute!" As she raced around trying to maintain some sort order, my husband and I noticed 4 staff members just standing behind the desk doing NOTHING! This included a manager! We decided to finish what meager food we had and check out. At check out, the manager asked how our stay was. When my husband recounted the events of the staff smoking table and the horrible mis-managed breakfast situation, the manager acted shocked. She asked what she could do, my husband asked "what can you do?" She looked very confused. This is simply unacceptable! Needless to say, we will not be staying here again. It's a shame, because we are in the area a lot, and the location is great.

• Stayed August 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Ktmu,
Thank you for taking time to review the Country Inn & Suites Toledo/Maumee. I’m very sorry to read about the level of service you experienced during your recent stay with us. I want to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I will be addressing your comments with my entire staff. I will also review our employee smoking policy to see if we can find a better solution. I do hope with our efforts to improve you might give us another opportunity to host you.

Kristin D.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed one night on a business trip. Very pleased. Room was really nice, clean, comfy bed. Pool and hot tub area looked nice although we didn't use it. Breakfast the next morning was convenient. Will definitely stay again next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
West Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

For the price, this is a good deal. As I sit here I can hear my neighbor's every move though... The service was decent, but didn't feel all that welcoming when we checked in. There was a used washcloth laying on the shower curtain too, at least it wasn't folded nicely and who would put a washcloth on the shower curtain???

Room Tip: The A/C will block out any neighbor noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ToledoCIS_GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for not exceeding your expectations. If you would like to personally discuss your recent experience, please feel free to call me directly at (419) 893-8576. I appreciate your business, and hope to have another opportunity to host you.

Kristin D
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

They have a very nice staff. Hotel is clean overall. They should improve their free breakfast. It reminded me of airline food and would not be worth paying for. It's a fair value and was pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013
ToledoCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind words regarding our staff and hotel. Your feedback helps us to fine tune our operations. I wanted to let you know that we are currently working on upgrading our breakfast to offer our guests a better selection and value. Please allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit to Toledo.

Valerie F
Manager
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for work and have had an excellent experience each time. The staff are friendly and accommodating and did their best to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms have been clean, comfortable, and well-maintained. There are freshly baked cookies in the lobby throughout the day, and the complimentary breakfast is always tasty. There are several good restaurants within walking distance, from fast food to more upscale dining. My only complaint is that the fitness center is a little sparse - one elliptical, two treadmills, and some lower-weight dumbbells - but it's fine for a short stay. This hotel is a great value for the cost!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business