“It was okay” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Toledo, Ohio
“It was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm from North Carolina, so I wasn't expecting NC BBQ, but the BBQ Pulled Pork was extremely too greasy and had too much smoke flavor. I may have gotten a not so good patch because everyone I come in contact with say it's great BBQ. Maybe I will give it another try down the road.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Toledo, Ohio
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I went to Deets while we were waiting for our car maintenance at the Toyota dealership next door. We were going to go to Chipotle but she wanted to try Deets. I was a little leery at first because it's a small little place next to a hair cutting joint and smoothie place. I was pleasantly surprised! My BBQ pulled pork sandwich was delicious. My wife had the same thing and she loved it as well. The gentleman working the cash register was very knowledgeable and super friendly! The only thing that I didn't care for was a side with cold potatoes and dip. Don't really know what that was about... but we will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lansing, MI
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on our way through to MI for a quick dinner. Service was excellent, food was even better!! Pulled pork sandwiches are huge and the flavor is amazing!! Husband had the beef brisket and said it was amazing as well. We all ordered combos which gave us our choice of sides. Between all of us we had their Lil Reds n' Dip, Coleslaw, and Rustic Corn Muffins; all sides were also excellent!!

We will definitely remember this place on our next trip through!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Holland, Ohio, United States
“Small seating area, limited menu, inconsistent quality.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Midwest is not known for BBQ, so you don't see BBQ all over the place. Although driving West Toledo you may see a BBQ stand here and there up and down Reynolds Rd, it's not our hallmark in these parts. Having said that, you would expect a BBQ-only restaurant to be fantastic in all respects. Deets doesn't quite make it. The restaurant is small and doesn't really seem like it is intended for sit down, more a quick lunch on the run. The menu is limited as well. No pulled chicken or beef, just pork. And there are only 2 BBQ sauce options. Our only visit, my wife ordered grilled chicken and it's texture was like biting into a pickle. Is that normal for smoked/BBQ'd chicken? Maybe there is a secret about chicken bbq like the pink smoke rings of beef I don't understand. Anyway, the brisket was really good, and the pulled pork not bad. The sides were average. Not my first or second choice for BBQ in the Toledo area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maumee, Ohio, United States
“Very good for a "Fast food" BBQ place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I ordered the family sampler combo. We where both very impressed with the food. The pulled pork was a little dry but they gave us a tub of sauce on the side so we where able to use that. The brisket was tender, but we both enjoyed the ribs the most. She we ordered we where asked which type of sauce we would like. We ended up getting the mix of sweet and spicy it gave just enough of a kick with out being too hot. We plan on saving it for future BBQ. Overall very happy with the food and would recommend this to anyone.

• Visited March 2013