“Pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Degage Jazz Cafe & Fine Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 100 Restaurants in Maumee
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: River Road & East Wayne Street
Description: At Degage Jazz Cafe & Fine Dining, we combine our trademark French inspired "refined rusticity" with an unyielding passion for the best local, seasonal, and fresh ingredients. Out menu changes seasonally depending on which ingredients are the freshest and very best. That reflects our belief that no recipe is worth preparing with less-than-perfect ingredients. Each delivery of meat, fish, and produce is inspected, accepted (or rejected) and nothing but the best is kept. All our meats, poulty, and seafoods are hand-cut in house to ensure its quality and perfection. This approach takes far more time and effort, but we and our guests think it's worth it.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

After reading mixed reviews I was a little nervous to try Degage, but a Groupon offer pushed me in that direction. I am so glad I did. My husband and I made reservations on a Friday evening and sat in the room that didn't have the live entertainment so no cover charge and you can see the performers on a tv in the dining area if you like. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful with menu suggestions. Our meal was EXCELLENT. Everything from bread, salad, soup, entrees, coffee, and dessert was right on. I had a steak and my husband had a seafood pasta dish and both were tasty. With my steak I could pick my starch and also vegetable-nice to have options to tailor it to your personal preference. You could tell the ingredients in everything we had were fresh. I can't speak for the room that the live music is in, but the dining area we were in wasn't too crowded and we really enjoyed the ambiance of the historical building. We will definitely return!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Waterville, Ohio
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

There was probably 2 times out of 6 that we had a really great experience at Degage. But the other two times they ran out of stuff we specifically went to the restaurant for (salmon croquettes and pork belly). Sent them a message on their FB page just to let them know it happened to us twice but they did not bother responding. Earlier when asked about that evenings menu, they were quick to respond. We got the same server both times and she seemed so embarassed that it had happened again but the manager did not even bother coming out to say anything. Service was always good. The other two times we went the lamb and steak where underwhelming. The $15 lobster tempura was all shell. By the time you dug out what little meat there was in the shell the tempura flakes fell off. They do have a seasonal menu so maybe there are other times when food is really good but we have given up on this restaurant, it's too inconsistent.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Unexpected gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I found this cafe through "Urban Spoon". We'd been driving all day, had just checked into our motel room, and were intrigued at the possibility of live jazz and gourmet cuisine in Maumee, Ohio. The restaurant was not difficult to find. For a $5 cover charge we were seated in the bar/dining room. The jazz trio was fun -- they were a local group who had an easy rapport and played well together (and they took requests). It was near the holiday season, and hearing live Vince Guaraldi tunes was a treat. I had a salad and french onion soup -- the cheese was amazing, though the broth was a bit too acidic. My husband had pizza w/ duck and blackberries(?) -- it was terrific. Service was okay (it took a while for the server to take our order), but the prices were very reasonable. This was such a lovely end to a long day on the road. We'll definitely return if we pass through again.

• Visited December 2011
clinton township,
“Good service,Great food,Great jazz music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were seated promptly at our reserved time in the river room. The jazz music and the room decor was relaxing. My wife ordered a filet and I ordered the ribs. The filet was tender and juicy and the ribs were tangy, falling off the bone. The service on our drinks was a little slow. It was a pleasant experience. We will recommend to others, but plan to relax and enjoy the experience. We will plan to go back.

• Visited April 2012
Bowling Green, Ohio
“Degage just may be the place that makes it in this beautifully restored building!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

Great outdoor patio and cozy indoor dining, too. Creative chef offers many things to tempt and treat the palate -- from gourmet pizza to pasta to aged steak to salad, all at reasonable prices. Great happy hour prices. After dinner, stick around to enjoy first-rate jazz.