“Don't pay more than $30” 2 of 5 stars

Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   156 Dussel Drive, Maumee, OH 43537   |
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Hong Kong, China
“Don't pay more than $30”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for business around $50 per night, it was not worth it. Room was old, everything was old inside, looked dirty, bed has noise, doors felt like coming off itself. I wouldn't complaint if I'm paying $20s.

Room Tip: Stay downstairs
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I read reviews on many different websites about this place, some ok, some not. I was honestly expecting much worse. If all you need is a bed for a few nights, and you're a very basic, simple person, I'd recommend it. We paid $36/night, so we weren't expecting much. The front desk guy knew us by name because we booked online a few weeks in advance. The ceiling outside the building was kinda falling apart, but whatever, no big deal. We went into the room expecting smells, bugs, stains, etc, like some reviews said. The room we stayed in (101) had hard wood floors, which I actually prefer, you never know what's in a carpet. There was no smoke smell, or any other smell. The nooks and crannies of the room did have some dirt/dust, but no bugs. We checked in the bed and there were no stains, or bugs. The blankets smelled clean. I actually brought my own blankets and slept outside of the bed sheets just because of what some reviews said, I was scared. But it was no big deal. There was a flat screen tv on the wall and they had all the cable channels. The shower head had different settings. The hot water stayed hot the entire time I was in the shower. When I got out of the shower, I did notice some hair on the ground that wasn't mine. Just step on a towel when getting out. We didn't use the heat or air conditioning. The water pressure of the sink was very light, but it did get hot. It wasn't loud outside, I didn't see any prostitutes, drunk people or police on the weekend nights we stayed there. The hotel is located near gas stations, friendlys, waffle house, etc. After driving through other parts of Toledo to get there, it did not seem like an unsafe place. I felt just fine staying there, and I am a tiny white girl.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SunnyBudgetMaumee, Guest Relations Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us today. We are happy to see that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are continually improving the property as you may have noticed of the new hardwood floors. Our linens are cleaned daily and towels are too, so rest assured next time you visit you won't have to be scared of our bedding. We hope to see you again in the near future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last night need a place to crash for 5 hours after driving all day. I wake up and my face is completely a huge red rash broken out everywhere. The health department will be hearing from me.

• Stayed August 2013
I am truly sorry for the inconvenience ou had experienced throughout your stay. Please assure we will take your feedback to help our continued commitment to improving. We will continue to provide excellent values at an affordable price and we hope to see you again!
Montrose, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Okay, we had a coupon for $29.95 per room and it did keep us warm and dry overnight. Otherwise, the carpet was stained in numerous places, there was a wheat chex on the floor, and bare light bulbs with no cover over them in the bathroom. Our room had a full sized fridg which had been removed, so there was a gaping hole in the wall with wires protruding. The advertised continental breakfast did not exist. No coffee was made, nor were there any signs of staff people who were about to make coffee. We didn't see any bowls or spoons for the cereal, nor were there any lights on. No one was at the counter upon checking out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The people complaining have standards that are way too high for their budget, I suspect. For 40.86 I got a clean room with no bugs (really my biggest concern with motels - I check the beds and will leave and get a refund if I see signs), parked in a well lit parking lot right in front of the room in a part of town that wasn't shady or seemingly dangerous (basically a commercial area), a 36 inch flat screen tv, comfortable enough beds with clean sheets, a non-smoking room that didn't smell like smoke, a working refrigerator, a shower that didn't lose hot water even though I spent well over 15 minutes in it, and a friendly dude at the check-in desk. I'm writing this before bed for the night, so I can not attest to how the breakfast is, but for 40 bucks a night I am not really concerned. For those who drink there's a sports bar within walking distance. I went for food and they stopped serving food at 10 so I left since I don't drink and I got something at the friendly's which serves food til 11pm weekdays and midnight weekends. To make a long(ish) story short, for 40 bucks you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
SunnyBudgetMaumee, General Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am ecstatic that you had a great experience, which we strive for. We are proud to be the best value in town and are happy to share our HOT Water with you! Thanks for choosing the Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee and we hope to see you again in the future.
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I don't have such a high standard about this type of cheap motel. I got exactly what I paid. Wifi works well. Floor and bed seem OK. The ventilation in the shower was broken. Telephone is an old washed out push button type but I didn't care since I didn't need it. Heater kept room warm but dried out entire room. It's a fair deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you stayed with us on your visit to Maumee, Ohio, although we are cheap compared to other hotels we do not skimp on service and amenities and provide everything and more you would expect at economy hotel. After your visit the maintenance was notified about the ventilation and has been resolved. Come back and check us out and we will show you why we are the best budget in town!
Westerly, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

To start, it was a cheap price. That is about the only thing going for it. There was an elderly man walking around the property who almost walked into our room when we were unloaded the car next to our room on the bottom floor. Second, I'm pretty sure there was a prostitute hanging out in the parking lot. I'll agree with a previous review about the breakfast. It is old pastries, nothing hot. The room needed to be vacuumed, and there was a chunk missing from the bathroom door, so it could open and close. Luckily, we only needed to stay a night here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
SunnyBudgetMaumee, Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am truly sorry for your less than expected stay we continually strive to provide the best accommodation at the best price. I am also sorry to hear that another guest almost walked in your room. Guest safety is very important and that is why we have security in place. While we do not include a hot breakfast our selection of breakfast items are never kept after expiration or sell by date to ensure freshness. We hope to see you again soon in the future. Thanks again!

Been to Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee? Share your experiences!