“not bad, not good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Fresno, California
“not bad, not good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I don't have such a high standard about this type of cheap motel. I got exactly what I paid. Wifi works well. Floor and bed seem OK. The ventilation in the shower was broken. Telephone is an old washed out push button type but I didn't care since I didn't need it. Heater kept room warm but dried out entire room. It's a fair deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
SunnyBudgetMaumee, General Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you stayed with us on your visit to Maumee, Ohio, although we are cheap compared to other hotels we do not skimp on service and amenities and provide everything and more you would expect at economy hotel. After your visit the maintenance was notified about the ventilation and has been resolved. Come back and check us out and we will show you why we are the best budget in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Westerly, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

To start, it was a cheap price. That is about the only thing going for it. There was an elderly man walking around the property who almost walked into our room when we were unloaded the car next to our room on the bottom floor. Second, I'm pretty sure there was a prostitute hanging out in the parking lot. I'll agree with a previous review about the breakfast. It is old pastries, nothing hot. The room needed to be vacuumed, and there was a chunk missing from the bathroom door, so it could open and close. Luckily, we only needed to stay a night here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
SunnyBudgetMaumee, Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am truly sorry for your less than expected stay we continually strive to provide the best accommodation at the best price. I am also sorry to hear that another guest almost walked in your room. Guest safety is very important and that is why we have security in place. While we do not include a hot breakfast our selection of breakfast items are never kept after expiration or sell by date to ensure freshness. We hope to see you again soon in the future. Thanks again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The only good thing about this place was the price. We were in the area to visit friends, and not knowing anything about the Toledo/Maumee area, we chose this place based on price and what Expedia said they offered. The room was a far cry from clean, no shampoo, no coffee maker in room. Expedia listed full breakfast buffet, breakfast was non existant, no coffee available in lobby either. Would chose another place, several others in area with better prices.

Room Tip: Poor quality rooms at this location
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
SunnyBudgetMaumee, General Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am sorry that your guest experience was less than memorable, we strive to provide the best service and rooms and the best price at the same time. Unfortunately we do not have coffee makers in the rooms, but we do have complimentary coffee in the lobby all day and we have also have a complimentary breakfast in the morning, also located in the lobby. If you had asked any of our hotel staff, or me as I was on hand, we could have gladly directed you to the breakfast area without hesitation.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

After driving straight from Chicago, we were just happy to have a room. At $40/night it was hard to beat, and being really close to the highway made it easy to find. Not the cleanest rooms, buy we did not find any bed bugs either.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your review we value all of our guests opinions and are pleased you had a great stay. We strive to provide the cleanest room possible and we will continually improve to make sure each of our guests have a clean and comfortable room. We hope to see you again in the future.
Provincetown, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

As always, pet friendly is the priority. This was an OK stop, but I would explore other options should I find myself staying in Maumee again. The room was non discript but adequate and fairly clean. It was also pretty quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful.
The breakfast that morning was non existent! There were some dounuts and I had to wait for the coffe to be made, though I showed up when breakfast should have been ready. It took a couple knocks to get someone from the back.
Good location with plenty of food options and a great grocery store (Meijers) to restock for the trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
SunnyBudgetMaumee, General Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your response we like to hear from all of our guests to help us improve and ensure a better stay for your next trip. I am happy that cleanliness and customer service were on par with your standards as we highly value those two attributes at The Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee. I am also sorry to hear that the breakfast was inadequate for you. Being the best priced hotel in the area our breakfast includes; donuts, coffee, cereal, milk, orange juice, bread, and toast, while some of our competitors, who also have much higher rates, do not offer breakfast at all. I do hope to see you soon again and if you may have any other questions please feel free to call me at (419)794-7757.

Sincerely

~Sunny, GM
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

The old rooms have bedbugs. They didnt seem to care too much. I was in the room for 30 mins and turned off the lights. When I turned the light on 5 mins later I had bed bugs all underneath my pillow. I caught one and took it to the office and the man threw it away, still alive, in the trashcan underneath the counter where they set out the food for the breakfast!!! In the same cabinets where they keep the food.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
SunnyBudgetMaumee, General Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
On behalf of the hotel and staff at the Budget Inn we would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting your/our standards during your stay. Our rooms are not only treated but also inspected on a monthly basis by professionals to keep out unwanted pests. We strive to provide cleanliness, comfort, and convenience for all of our guests each and every time they check-in. We hope to see you again soon!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Nothing fancy but cheap, very clean and comfortable. Each room has a fridge, a microwave, cable TV, a big bed. We were very surprised at how acceptable it was given the low price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee? Share your experiences!