“Not my first choice” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Not my first choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

As always, pet friendly is the priority. This was an OK stop, but I would explore other options should I find myself staying in Maumee again. The room was non discript but adequate and fairly clean. It was also pretty quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful.
The breakfast that morning was non existent! There were some dounuts and I had to wait for the coffe to be made, though I showed up when breakfast should have been ready. It took a couple knocks to get someone from the back.
Good location with plenty of food options and a great grocery store (Meijers) to restock for the trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
SunnyBudgetMaumee, General Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your response we like to hear from all of our guests to help us improve and ensure a better stay for your next trip. I am happy that cleanliness and customer service were on par with your standards as we highly value those two attributes at The Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee. I am also sorry to hear that the breakfast was inadequate for you. Being the best priced hotel in the area our breakfast includes; donuts, coffee, cereal, milk, orange juice, bread, and toast, while some of our competitors, who also have much higher rates, do not offer breakfast at all. I do hope to see you soon again and if you may have any other questions please feel free to call me at (419)794-7757.

Sincerely

~Sunny, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

The old rooms have bedbugs. They didnt seem to care too much. I was in the room for 30 mins and turned off the lights. When I turned the light on 5 mins later I had bed bugs all underneath my pillow. I caught one and took it to the office and the man threw it away, still alive, in the trashcan underneath the counter where they set out the food for the breakfast!!! In the same cabinets where they keep the food.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
SunnyBudgetMaumee, General Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
On behalf of the hotel and staff at the Budget Inn we would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting your/our standards during your stay. Our rooms are not only treated but also inspected on a monthly basis by professionals to keep out unwanted pests. We strive to provide cleanliness, comfort, and convenience for all of our guests each and every time they check-in. We hope to see you again soon!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Nothing fancy but cheap, very clean and comfortable. Each room has a fridge, a microwave, cable TV, a big bed. We were very surprised at how acceptable it was given the low price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011 via mobile

room was nice, but saw bugs crawing around. was part of a former single former motel consisting of mutiiple buildings each one become a seperate new motel with a different name. i was told that it was modeled after the old clarion whom i assume they bought their old furniture from when the clarion remodeled.90s or early 2000s cherry finish (not todays modern espresso color or granite) pool was empty and pool are a overgrown still appearntly not in use since its former owners. lobby was still being renovated. good price of 39. just the bugs.

• Stayed July 2010
SunnyBudgetMaumee, Guest Relations Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We are committed to continually improve and will notice newer furniture being updated throughout the hotel. We also have pest control spray on a monthly basis to ensure even the most stubborn of pests do not get in. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee? Share your experiences!