“Good location and room layout, Too dirty!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Massillon
“Good location and room layout, Too dirty!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

I recently stayed in this hotel for three nights with my mom and sister. The layout of the room is nice for an extended stay. There was plenty of room with two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, and two bathrooms. Unfortunately, when we checked in the room was dirty. There were chip crumbs on the couch and on the floor in one of the bedrooms. The dressers, desks, and nightstands were covered with dust. There were crumbs on the kitchen floor and hair on the floor in the bathroom. We also found hair in the drawers in the bathroom so we didn't use them. In the one bedroom, there were several plastic clothing tags on the floor. Nail polish stains were found on one of the comforters. The buffet staff was friendly, however, the front desk staff was not.

Although we would not stay at this hotel again, I would plan a return visit to the Maumee/Toledo area. The hotel is right next to The Shops at Fallen Timbers which we enjoyed. There is a great restaurant there called Granite City. We visited the Maumee Antique Mall and the Toledo Art Museum. We enjoyed both places and would return.

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chesterland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

We booked a 3 night stay for myself and 2 adult daughters. We had a 2 bedroom suite. The layout of the suite is nice and provided us plenty of room. The cleanliness was another matter, there were chip crumbs on the couch and on the bedroom carpet. Surfaces of furniture were covered with dust. Bathroom drawers were dirty. Sheets on two of the beds kept slipping off the mattress.
Ladies working the breakfast buffet were nice and helpful. Front desk personnel were not friendly or helpful. We will be looking for other accommodations if were are in the area again.

• Stayed July 2010
Milton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Very nice suite with 2 giant bedrooms, both with full baths, and a central living room and kitchen. Decent free breakfast although some of the days the white gravy like material wasn't too appealing. There is a happy hour Tuesday to Thursday but it is a little cheap to charge a $1 for a glass of beer or wine. Not many restaurants close by BUT there are two right in the mall that we enjoyed: Granite City Food and Brewery and PF Chang's China Bistro. You can't find a grocery store close by either in case you want to stock up on supplies. Staff was very helpful in faxing some documents for me.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bowie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Based on tripadvisor reviews, reservations were made 8 months in advance for a suite with two queen beds. Upon arrival, I was assigned to a handicapped room with a king bed and very small pull out sofa. The room in general was very small and once the sofa bed was out there was absolutely no room to move. With two teenage kids this was not ideal for a 4 day stay. Management admitted to overbooking and changing my reserved room to this king size handicapped room. This was without my knowledge!! Although I fully planned in advanced for this trip, all my plans were now gone. At the last minute I had to find a hotle with a room to accomodate myself and two teenagers for a week. I was so fortunate that there were other hotels to accomodate my last minute changes. Outside of this the first front desk person encountered was somewhat rude. Management was a little nicer but still unable to accomodate my initial reservation. The king handicapped room was extremely small, so I was truly wanted to leave.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

After reading the wonderful reviews we chose this hotel. First the good points--nice room with kitchen & ample space to spread out, very clean for the most part, and good location next to new shopping area. Now the bad--with the exception of the early evening front desk clerk and the two older breakfast workers, the staff had absolutely horrible attitudes; not sure if it's the fault of how management treats them or if it's just tolerated. Guests were treated as an inconvenience. The swimming pool was hot--at least 96 degrees, even my young kids complained about it, & the water was cloudy. The temp may be nice for the middle of winter but not in the middle of the hot summer. We ended up checking out & switching to the Residence Inn, one exit North, which was much, much better. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this one until they get their priorities back in order!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Vassar, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Staybridge Suites at Fallen Timbers. The hotel surpassed our expectations - the rooms were very large, the staff was very pleasant and the breakfast was nicely laid out with the usual items to choose from. We usually stay at Hilton properties, but will be returning to this hotel again. The hotel is located just across the parking lot from a huge Barnes & Noble store in the Fallen Timbers shopping area. There is also a Dillards, JC Penneys, Red Robin, PF Changs and Granite City there. This worked out great for us as we didn't even need to leave the area and I could shop while my husband stayed in the hotel. Out GPS is an older model and the address did not show up so was glad that I had mapquested the directions in advance.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Whitehouse,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Great new hotel @ "The Mall At Fallen Timbers".
Top notch everything. Great rooms, breakfast, indoor
swimming pool, fitness etc. etc.
Steps from shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee? Share your experiences!