“Fantastic Fallen Timbers Staybridge” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in Maumee
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fantastic Fallen Timbers Staybridge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very convenient location for me with my business travel to Whitehouse, OH area. Good price for the space, service, and location. I will definitely stay at this hotel every time I travel to the area, which is quite often.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AlexLindamood, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hi! Thanks for your review. We appreciate the time you took to tell our future guests about our hotel. We look forward to your next visit, and appreciate your business. Thanks again!

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Maumee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Staybridge hits the "sweet spot" for price and value. I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and have found the staff to be very friendly and helpful while being unabtruse. I have stayed at Ritz Carlton Hotels and the service is comperable. The suites are always neat and clean. Breakfast is included and provides a reasonable selection for the price range. Since my stays have been for business good internet access is important which the Staybridge provides free. Being part of an outdoor mall with a good range of restaurants and stores including a Barnes and Noble adds to a very postive expierence. For longer stays the kitchenette is very useful as well. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AlexLindamood, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks a lot for your nice review. Our staff loves taking care of guests, and much like the staff of a Ritz-Carlton luxury hotel, our staff has a passion for excellence in guest satisfaction. Thanks again for your time! We will see you next time!
Maumee, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am currently staying in Maumee on an extended stay working in nearby Toledo Ohio. My experience has been a good one at the hotel and I have not done this the past so i don’t have a comparison to determine how Staybridge rates against other hotels. The Hotel location is nice, off of the highway where most hotels are (Not a fan of noisy truck traffic), with walking distance to restaurants that have really taken care of our team in that last few months. The grounds pool/hot tub and rooms are well kept and clean. The offered food service is a big plus and the free laundry is also a major benefit to me staying weeks at a time. The staff has been very good about any of the issues or questions I have asked which shows they are well disciplined in taking care of the people that stay with them.
Here are a few suggestions that I have that would improve the stay but are only minor in my opinion.
When the bedding is replaced, upgrade to sheets that better fit the nice oversized mattresses. They often come off the bed and when my wife comes to visit she is not thrilled with this issue.
Being out of town alone unfortunately I do watch TV to pass the time and the service is not stellar (Satellite I believe). Now I may be being critical because I have U-verse at home with a DVR so I am used to a better system but the local channels rarely connect and my team has not been impressed with the reception.
I haven’t used the internet myself but my sons spent some time on the lobby computers (very convenient I might add) and they had connection issues. My friends also have had connection and speed issues using the Wi-Fi. Maybe offer a hard line connection or boost the Wi-Fi speed?
Again, these are small issues in my opinion of what has been a good experience so far…

Room Tip: I moved from the third floor to the main floor to be closer to the pool, workout room, and laundry...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AlexLindamood, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. It is always great to hear the good and bad of what a guests has experienced in our hotel. We love knowing what we do right, and we are certainly committed to fixing what could be better. I am so excited to tell you that we will soon have new bedding which will fix the problem with a limited amount of sheets pulling away from the mattress. We also are planning some great internet upgrades to keep up with changing technology demands. I am excited for you to experience all of our hotel, as well as see the enhancements. Thanks again for your business! We are glad you chose us!
PUNE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time. They have very good and comfortable rooms. The facilities are quite good.They can add little more options on breakfast to make it better. Otherwise the hotel and stay is comfortable. The location of hotel is good.There are shopping malls surrounding the hotel. One can go around and do small shopping.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AlexLindamood, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks so much for your review! We are glad you found the hotel comfortable. We are located at Fallen Timbers Mall, so it is easy to stay at the hotel and shop throughout your stay with us. Of course, some of the best restaurants in town are also at Fallen Timbers, so you are footsteps away from great food at all times. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast. We try to make a lot of variety, and we will be sure that continues! Thanks again!
Xenia, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The staff at Staybridge went well beyond what is to be expected from any hotel staff. Friendly, accomadating, helpful are just a few of the characteristics of this staff. From house keeping to management. The free breakfast and dinners are awesome as well. Nice pool and spa, walking distance to a beautiful outdoor mall across the parking lot, big warm fireplace in the lobby with plenty of room. Without a doubt the best hotel I've stayed at in 17 years of travelling for business or pleasure. An excellent place to stay especially for long term. You're really made to feel at home. Thank you Alex and all of your team for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AlexLindamood, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Wow! What a nice review! I appreciate your time in offering information about our hotel for the next guest. We agree that our hotel is a great value. We have a free hot breakfast every morning, an evening dinner Tuesday to Thursday, all of our rooms are apartment style and we are right next to a great mall. If you are going to travel away from home for a while, our hotel and staff will help make you more comfortable and feel at home. Thanks again!
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here for my son's tennis tournament. Chose this hotel due to positive previous reviews and I was not disapointed. It is right next to an outdoor mall that is set up to look like a city. You can walk across the parking lot to get to it. The pool and hot tub were clean (the water clear and you could smell chlorine). The pool was a comfortable temperature. The hotel was quiet. The complimentary hot breakfast was deluxe with so many choices.We will stay again when in the area!Only negative thing to report was that when we called down for a plunger (not the fault of the hotel's plumbing), we did not receive one. After 2 hours and needing to use the toilet, I went to the desk to find the attendant busy entertaining (more like flirting) with another guest (?). I asked for a plunger and she said she hadn't had a chance to work on it yet but would find one right away. She delivered one to the room in about 10 minutes and told us to leave it outside the room for someone to pick it up on rounds. The plunger was in a plastic bag with fecal material in it. We used the plunger and returned it to the dirty bag and set it outside our room. It was still there in the morning when we checked out at 9 am.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AlexLindamood, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your great feedback about our hotel and service. It is true that we are among the newest hotels in the Toledo/Maumee area. We are glad you chose our hotel with the many options out there. I would also like to thank you for your feedback when you needed a plunger. I recognize that when a guest requests something such as a plunger, extra towels, additional shampoo, etc. that they need it now. On your next trip to our hotel, I can assure you that you will not have to wait more than several minutes for anything you request be sent to your room. I will be sharing your experience with our entire staff, and also improving our training when it comes to having a sense of urgency. Thank you again for your feedback, and spending the time sharing your experience. Have a great day!
Kenton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have to say this is by far the very best hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff here make you feel at home and go out of their way to make you feel like you are the most important guest they have ever had. Alex and his staff go out way of their way to accommodate me and my co-workers while we are on assignment in the Toledo area. Quiet area right next to a shopping district, free breakfast every morning and not just a contential breakfast but a very good selection of food for all walks of life, and the free suppers on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights can't say enough about them. The room are very nice spacious and relaxing, love having a nice gym, indoor pool and spa here. The most personal like about Staybridge is they are pet friendly here, so while I'm on a year assignment I can have my dog here to make this feel even more like home.

Room Tip: If you have a pet ground floor by the doors are awesome rooms quick access to the pet walk area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello! Thank you so much for raving about our hotel. Our staff recognizes that guests staying on long trips have different needs and it is important to feel at home and have the entire family (pets included) with them! Our location in the Shops at Fallen Timbers helps keep a nice routine during long stays. We are glad you chose us. Thanks again!

Been to Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee? Share your experiences!