My family recently had a medical emergency that required I help out for a while. As I live in Western Wisconsin and I needed to stay in DC for an unspecified period of time, I needed to bring my dog along for the trip.
While normally we'd shop around for a pet-friendly hotel, we simply didn't have the time. Toledo was a good stopping place for us and we looked for a pet-friendly hotel - this was at the top of the list. And it will remain at the top of ours, with or without our dog, for future road trips.
Most places when you have to stay in the "pet-friendly" rooms, they smell like pets have been there. Not here - the room was spotless and smelled clean and fresh. We couldn't believe this was one of their pet rooms it was so nice. We had a King Studio on the ground floor - which was also great for getting the dog in and out, as well as unpacking all the paraphernalia we needed because of the dog.
Others have noted the amenities in detail so I don't think I need to cover that. I'll just say that there's plenty of nearby grass (both on the property and across the access road and Arrrowhead) for any dog, the tile floor in the kitchen-area is great for putting down the dog bowls, and the convenient location off the Turnpike means that you have a quick off and on the highway. The nearby restaurants, gas station and convenience stores make it a pleasant area to give your dog a break during a road trip. It's also a pretty quiet hotel, so unless a particularly noisy dog is also staying at the same time (which happened to us on our trip out, but not on our trip back), your dog will remain pretty relaxed.
When we went, there was a $75 pet fee (we only stayed one night, so I'm not sure if that's per-day for per-trip). More than I usually like to pay, but completely worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our contemporary boutique hotel is an all suite property designed to help you work, relax, stay connected, and unwind. Guests will feel at home in one of our 108 spacious suites that provide separate dining, living, sleeping, and working areas. Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, indoor pool and whirlpool, outdoor BBQ area with fire pit, onsite fitness center, wired and wireless internet access, USA Today and local newspapers, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Hotel Maumee
- Residence Inn Maumee
- Maumee Residence Inn
- Maumee Marriott
- Residence Inn By Marriott Maumee, Ohio