“Great place to pit-stop with your pet” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great place to pit-stop with your pet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

My family recently had a medical emergency that required I help out for a while. As I live in Western Wisconsin and I needed to stay in DC for an unspecified period of time, I needed to bring my dog along for the trip.

While normally we'd shop around for a pet-friendly hotel, we simply didn't have the time. Toledo was a good stopping place for us and we looked for a pet-friendly hotel - this was at the top of the list. And it will remain at the top of ours, with or without our dog, for future road trips.

Most places when you have to stay in the "pet-friendly" rooms, they smell like pets have been there. Not here - the room was spotless and smelled clean and fresh. We couldn't believe this was one of their pet rooms it was so nice. We had a King Studio on the ground floor - which was also great for getting the dog in and out, as well as unpacking all the paraphernalia we needed because of the dog.

Others have noted the amenities in detail so I don't think I need to cover that. I'll just say that there's plenty of nearby grass (both on the property and across the access road and Arrrowhead) for any dog, the tile floor in the kitchen-area is great for putting down the dog bowls, and the convenient location off the Turnpike means that you have a quick off and on the highway. The nearby restaurants, gas station and convenience stores make it a pleasant area to give your dog a break during a road trip. It's also a pretty quiet hotel, so unless a particularly noisy dog is also staying at the same time (which happened to us on our trip out, but not on our trip back), your dog will remain pretty relaxed.

When we went, there was a $75 pet fee (we only stayed one night, so I'm not sure if that's per-day for per-trip). More than I usually like to pay, but completely worth it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
valweb, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this review, October 15, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your recognition of our attention to the details of our four legged guests as well.

We hope your family member is feeling better, and that you may return to the area for a leisurely visit soon. We will see you then.

Best wishes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Erie Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Wonderful place to stay when visiting Toledo and the area. Wonderful staff and great housekeeping. This was our 2nd stay there and would not think of staying anywhere else. Comfortable beds and great appliances. Pull out couch comfortable also. The hotel was full but you would not know it by how quite it was at night. Our only compliant was the newspapers are not delivered to your room and when we went down to breakfast on Monday morning at 8:00am the newspapers were all gone. A little bit of a disappointment.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience overall. I do apologize that there was not a daily newspaper available to you. I have since added more newspapers to our daily delivery so that we can not only deliver to the guest upon request, we will have more available in the gatehouse!

We look forward to your future stays with us!

Best Wishes!
Lima
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

What an amazing hotel and staff!!! This is such a great hotel, with everything you could possibly need! This hotel and staff goes the extra mile! The rooms are so beautiful with trendy docor and so roomy! There is a full size fridge, stove, and dish washer in every room. The pool was great and the breakfast was awesome. They had sausage, scrammbled eggs, waffles and so much more!! We only stayed one night, but wished it was longer! We will be back to this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Hazel Crest IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I was in town for a bowling tournament near Oregon, OH. Whenever I travel I chose the Residence Inn if one is available and I am oh so glad I stayed at this one. The decor was superb from the lobby on up. The employees were always pleasant and met you with a smile.

There are many restaurant choices within a mile of the hotel. The location was 20 miles from the bowling alley but I would not have changed hotels if I was offered a free room somewhere else.

The only con is that I now have to start saving for a 48" HDTV because I am hooked!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn Maumee in April 2009 for a wedding that was in town, and we had an absolutely FABULOUS time here. If you are anywhere in the area, just book the room here. Even if you have to drive a little further, it is so worth it. Let me hit the highlights, and check out the pics too:

- Location - The location is great, right off the highway, but far enough from the busy roads to be nice and quiet. Within a mile of nicer and fast-food restaurants, a grocery store, and many other essentials.

- Hotel in General - Looks and even smells brand new. Just excellent.

- Rooms - We had a studio room which had a fully stocked kitchen with stainless-steel appliances and granite countertops. The feel of the room was modern, but comfortable. Soft lighting added to the comfort. A relative used the pull-out couch in the room, and said it was very comfortable. The main bed in the room was very comfortable, with quality linens, a down comforter and a variety of pillows. A large (maybe 32") flatscreen TV sits on a spindle right in the middle of the room, so you can watch the TV from the living room or the bedroom. And did I mention that the TV had HD??? Very nice. The bathroom and vanity were also a very nice size, the same high quality materials and the continued modern architecture.

- The staff - Everyone I had contact with was super-friendly, very helpful and respectful but yet casual.

- The FREE breakfast - This is a quality continental breakfast. The usual features, including cereal, breads, milk, yogurt and pastries. In addition, they featured juice, coffee, a waffle bar, eggs, sausage, and crossiants. One free meal here a day lets you spend money on something else!

- The pool & gym - The indoor pool was great, but a touch cold. I know real swimmers like that, but it was a touch cool for me. The hot tub was also great, but not quite warm enough to my liking (but I like it HOT). The pool/hot tub area was very clean, offered towels and plenty of chairs and tables to hang out. The gym, which I used, is simple but has what you need to get the core workout done. They have two new treadmills, one elyptical (sp?) and a recumbant bike. A set of free weights, a fitness ball and a couple other items gets you by when you are in the hotel. The gym is clean, has water, several TVs and towels for your convenience.

- Business Center - No nickel and diming here.... everything is free. Check your email, print out your boarding passes, update your Facebook status to let everyone know you are in Maumee, OH... all on the house.

- Outdoor Features - They offer a courtyard with a built-in BBQ for the use of guests, and a fire pit. This is a very comfortable area to hang out with a beer in the cool evening.

- Misc. - They are dog-friendly, and several people had their pups with them.... I liked this very much :)

Overall, I have a very hard time to find much of anything wrong with this hotel. They do a great job, have a beautiful property and all the other pieces have fallen into place too. This one is a no brainer, so if you are in the area, stay here and you won' be disappointed!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Our first stay at a Residence Inn in many years and wow was this a nice surprise!
Absolutely perfect . the room was immaculant ..great decor and super clean.
Fairly new property and it shows. Excellent location, just west of Toledo...plenty of shopping and restaurants in the vicinity. Nice large LCD television...nice touch putting it on a swivel.. and great breakfast in morning were my favorites. We also took advantage of nice kitchen arrangement and had a meal in the room Staff was very friendly.
Cant wait for the opportunity to return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

Stayed two nights at this hotel while in town for my cousin's wedding. When I stay at a hotel, I want my room to be nice, clean, and have a little bit of style. This hotel far exceeded my expectations. Had a one bedroom suite that was amazing--separate bedroom, full kitchen with brand new stainless steel appliances and granite countertops, and a fireplace. My brother slept on the sofa bed and said it was relatively comfortable. My parents and sister and brother-in-law had a two bedroom suite that was great as well. Both rooms were bigger than several apartments I lived in during college!

The pool area was adequate; the hot tub and pool were average. The workout room was fabulous. The new equipment definitely helped. I loved that the elliptical and treadmill both had a built-in TV. There was a firepit outside, which was lovely in the evenings--at least in September. There are two basketball courts, too, which would have been great for my brother, had we known to bring a basketball along.

Breakfast was good and included waffles, eggs, and oatmeal. The buffet was set up rather strangely, though, with the plates smack in the middle of the buffet line.

The lobby was fairly typical for a Residence Inn, although the modern decor was an interesting touch. The use of all sorts of strange and different colors actually wasn't that bad and I liked that the place didn't have the regular cookie cutter feel.

We have stayed in several Marriott's since September, and every time we do, my husband and I state to each other that they're not as nice as the Residence Inn in Maumee. We would go back in a flash if we're ever in Toledo again!

• Liked — The size of the rooms
  • Disliked — The breakfast buffet set up
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott? Share your experiences!