“Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 hotels in Maumee
Toledo, Ohio
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My apartment was flooded due to the sprinkler system bursting and I was left without a home. I checked into the extended stay down the street and it was completely disgusting so I needed to find somewhere else to live since I will be out of a house for at least a month. The staff at the Marriott was extremely friendly and accommodating. They worked with me on rates, showed me the room before I moved in, and let me move in early when the other hotel kicked me out when I said I was leaving. The rooms are beautiful! I'm so happy I'm here now. My cat loves it, he feels like he's in heaven too, ha ha. I haven't tried the breakfast, dinners, or pools out yet but I can only assume it will also be fantastic. Thank you, Marriott, for making the fact that my apartment flooded and I lost 1/2 of my stuff better by letting me stay here and working with my insurance company!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Kristine A,

We are delighted to hear that Residence Inn has so far been a great home away from home for you! We want all of our guests to feel as if they are part of our Residence Inn family and if there is anything else we can do for you to make you feel more at home please let us know. Though the circumstances behind you staying here are not great, we were given the opportunity to make you feel at home!

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We are a big fan for Marriott residence inn. We traveled with 3 kids and a dog. The kitchen and frig is very convenient for the family. For a pet friendly hotel, I really have to say this place is the best! We had the 1 bedroom, the room and carpet is very clean and no smell at all, we are very impressed. The bed is comfy and big. I can only give a 3 stars review due to (1) several dishes were very dirty, I had to wash all of them before we can use it. (2) sofa bed is very out of date and the extra comforter and bed sheets doesn’t look clean. Even though the bed sheets on the bed seems to be clean. (3) Hot tub was not in use during our stay so kids were very cold getting out of the swimming pool and walking to the room. (4) Not enough food for breakfast even though we arrive 8:30am. Breakfast supposed to be till 9am. But they didn’t fill sausage and some other items after that. I don’t even know what was there since they were just empty the whole time (5) we had a corner room, so there is a big window in the bedroom. It was so cold, I can feel the cold air all night even though all curtains were closed, I had to wear a sweater to sleep. We paid over 200 dollar a night including the pet charge, I would expect a little bit more than what we get. Bottom line, if I am traveling with a dog again, I will stay here for sure. If not, I may stay in another hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear AHSU18,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Maumee for your recent stay in the Toledo area! I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to the standards we aim to uphold at our hotel. We have discussed the issues you had during your stay with our team to make sure no one else has this type of experience again. I am glad you still plan to try the hotel again in the future despite this and we hope that next time your stay will exceed your expectations!

Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

If your looking for a great hotel look no further. The rooms a clean and very nice. All rooms are spacious and include a full kitchen. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I have stayed at many different hotels in the Toledo area but myself and our family have found the best experience here. Its in a good safe quite location with many restaurants near by.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear TravelPro419,

Thank you for taking the time out to submit such a great review of our hotel! We are so happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and gave us such a good recommendation. We hope we continue to provide you and all of our future guests the top notch service you have always received! Hope to see you again soon!

Akron, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spent 2 nights here over Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time.

The room is very spacious with a large kitchen that is stocked full of plates, silverware, etc. If we were staying any longer than we were this would be wonderful to save some money by going to restaurants all the time. The sitting area was nice, only complain is the couch was actually a settee so one side was very high and the other side didn't have an arm rest so unless laying down pretty much a waste of sitting space. The TV can be turned to watch in sitting area of bedroom which is nice. The beds are SO comfy. I did not want to get out of bed combined with those black out curtains.

We'd definitely stay again next time we find ourselves needing a hotel in the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Leah N,

Thank you for the kind review and for choosing Residence Inn as your home away from home for the holiday! We were so happy to hear your delight with the accommodations we offer at the hotel. Hopefully your travels bring you back to the area again sometime soon, so we get the opportunity to have your family and you back again!

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was able to prepare my dinner for Thanksgiving, while on the road. This was great. I was driving from Maryland to Chicago and I stopped in Toledo to rest and to prepare the meal. Excellent facility. I will make this hotel part of my routine stop on this trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Carol W,

We are very delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for making Residence Inn part of your Thanksgiving trip! We love being able to offer our guests the comforts of home while on the road. We hope the rest of your holiday went as wonderful and hope to see you again on your next trip through the area!

Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have stayed at this particular hotel 4 times. This was NOT a good stay! Room was right next to elevator, with two barking dogs in room next door & right outside our window was the smokers/drinkers picnic table with unleashed dogs! I have a service dog, we did not get any sleep as he kept alerting me to the dogs & people outside. Dogs on leash not being enforced. Doggie potty area not clean at all!

Biggest complaint is a SAFETY issue!!! My husband drove down to join us after work, not arriving until 1am he had to buzz the main door for entrance into the hotel. Receptionist on duty just gave him a keycard to my room without checking his ID or calling my room & getting an okay!!! He could very well have been the delivery guy that brought me dinner earlier in the evening!!!! UNBELIEVABLE AND TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

2nd night we got a room change better as far as noise but a much 'older' room!

Elevators repeatedly had trash on the floors.

Very disappointed stay!

Room Tip: Third or fourth floor…facing front of hotel! 316 thru 324
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Crickettsmom,

I would like to thank you for choosing Residence Inn for your trips to the Toledo area! I am very saddened to hear about the disappointment of your previous stay with us. I assure you this is definately not up to the standards we aim to obtain at this hotel! I have addressed all of the issues you had with our staff to ensure no one has an experience like that ever again. That being said I would like the opportunity to discuss the issues you experienced with you in better detail. If this is something you would be interested in please contact me either directly at the hotel or by e-mail at arife@fhginc.com, we hope to get the opportunity to make it up to you. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon!

Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nice hotel. We have stayed here twice a year for the past few years when we meet my parents for a weekend. We also use it as a stopping point on our drives home to PA. Our daughter enjoys the pool and hot tub.

The key for us is that it is pet friendly. Plus, there are ample fields and sidewalks nearby to walk your Fido.

Dussel Drive, nearby, has a good selection of the chain restaurants, pizza joints and a Starbucks. Since it's a suite hotel, all of the rooms have a kitchens and some of the larger, end rooms have a full stove. For cooking and dining in, there is a nearby Meijer and a brand new Kroger, both less than five mins away.

Breakfast is included and the requisite fare is available. For the kids (again), the Golden Griddle waffle iron is a hit.

Room Tip: Get something on a high floor. The hotel has a lot of traveling kids sports teams that stay there...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Lou P,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Maumee as your home away from home during your trips to the Maumee area! We love to hear that you are a loyal Residence Inn guest, especially to our hotel. If there is anything we could do to make your trips even better please let us know next time you are in town! We are excited to see your family and you next time you are in town!

Allyson Rife

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott? Share your experiences!