“Very typical Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Portland, Connecticut
“Very typical Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a king bedded room on the first floor facing the Outback Steakhouse. One might not think this was ideal but it was quiet, we just had to close our drapes all the time for privacy. We were close to the side entrance which made it easy to get in and out with luggage.

The room was small as most Courtyard rooms are with a large bed, large desk, love seat and flat screen TV. We also had a mini fridge. The mattress was softer than we like but the bedding is white which I like very much. Plenty of good pillows.

The bathroom is small but the sink is outside so what does it matter really?

The pool and hot tub were nice and uncrowded.

The location is great we walked to dinner which is always a treat after a day of driving.

I noticed no smoky smell and I am particularly sensitive to it.

I would definitely stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone coming this way.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony, mention it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Roxanne C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Maumee Courtyard. We strive to be consistant with our Courtyard brand and to ,ake sure every guest leaves satisfied. I apologiz for the smoke odor. We hope you will stop in next time you travel to the Toledo/Maumee area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our way to Cedar Pointe, the hotel was easily accessible and plenty of stores and restaurants near by. The hotel itself was clean, and great service. Dan at the front desk checked is in and out he was great! The furniture in the rooms were a bit outdated and the pool chlorine was pretty bad, we were in the pool for only 15min and our eyes were burning. Definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Roxanne C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Maumee Courtyard. It is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations and we appreciate you taking the time to express such kind words. On behalf of myself and the staff at the Maumee Courtyard we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Rooms are dark and dank, with a persistent smell of smoke throughout much of the building. Staff had a difficult time managing the lobby "bistro/coffee bar" and seemed frustrated when any order was given.

The hotel is clean with decent linens, but the rooms (especially bathrooms) are very outdated and the smokey smell and darkness was not pleasant.

Room Tip: Building is only 3 floors high. Rooms either face a shopping center or an Outback steakhouse. Pool...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I truly apologize on behalf of myself and the staff for not meeting your expectations. I take a personal interest in making sure all our guests are satisfied with their accommodations. The hotel was challenged in July with the extreme temperatures and the air conditioning units. Since then the hotel has gotten all new units and is begining a renovation of the rooms. I believe once the renovation is complete you will find the rooms to be much brighter & fresher. If your travels take you to Maumee again perhaps you will stay with us again so we can show you the hospitality you deserve.
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

loved the new look of the Mariott courtyard-lobby and the Bistro
would stay here again. Lots of resturants in the area. Close to the interstate. Workers were very friendly and informative.
rooms where very sound proof

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Maumee Courtyard and are very happy that we could be a positive part of it! Thank you very much for your wonderful comments which have been shared with the entire staff. Hopefully you will plan another trip with your family next summer to experience our newly renovated rooms.

Safe travels!
Fairborn, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hotel clerk was very nice, helpful etc. The room was disappointing though. Outside of toilet had either blood or feces on it. Tub had an orange color beside drain and I thought was rust, but ended up being something else!! Bed was fine Pool was okay and outside area was very nice especially the sitting area. I doubt I would stay here again though.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies which would have been nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us. I am pleased to find that the front desk was helpful, the bed and pool area inviting but I am also very dissapointed that there were issues in the room. We strive to have rooms competely clean but it seems that we have failed to do this for you and for this I sincerely apologize. I hope you will re-consider and try us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights,the staff was very pleasant and efficient .This hotel is slightly older but,the rooms are very clean .The Out Back is next door ,a plus!! They also have a nice outdoor sitting are.

• Stayed May 2013
Roxanne C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you to you and your husband for choosing to stay at the Maumee Courtyard! We are very proud of the service we provide and strive for a high standard of cleanliness. We are lucky to be in an area with so many great restaurant options. We hope you stay with us again soon & we thank you for sharing your positive experience.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I am a Platinum member at Marriott so I stay in hotels a lot. Like 185 nights a year one year at Marriott properties alone.

So when I say "It's a Couryard that means I could walk the rooms blindfolded and not bump into anything because the layout is the same in all of them. I just need to know if the bed on left or right from the doorway and I know exactly what will be where.

Is that bad? No. It means I know I will get a consistently good, clean, safe place to stay when I check into a Courtyard.

I have stayed at this one the last 3 weeks M-F. The staff is SUPER NICE and SUPER HELPFUL. I gave this one a 4 on the staff alone.

If I was rating the rooms it would give it a 3. The need updating but everything was fine and did the job. But really, I don't go to a Courtyard and expect luxurious rooms. I expect clean, efficient and business traveler friendly.

I stay at some of the nicest Marriott properties in the world and I stay at Courtyards and Fairfield Inns and Townplace Suites etc. I have yet to go to a place with the Marriott name that I would not go back to, but some are better than others.

Obviously I have no problem staying at this one. You can walk to about 15 restaurants including Buffalo Wild Wings, Lone Star Steakhouse, Outback Steakhouse, Medetrainian place, Sushi place, Panera Bread, Cracker Barrel, Mexican place and even fast food.

I have no hesitation booking it again.

Room Tip: I ALWAYS ask for the highest floor in low rise hotels just to get as far away as possible from stree...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Roxanne C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the favorable review. The Maumee Courtyard takes great pride in the service we offer and we are so pleased that you have enjoyed your multiple stays with us. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Platinum Guest!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Maumee/Arrowhead? Share your experiences!