“W. Barry” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“W. Barry”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had a king room reserved... Guaranteed. Got to the hotel and was given a handicapped room. Went back to the front desk and was told they only had double rooms left. Not real happy about this stay. Front desk attendant was not real friendly. Won't stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Barry W,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee. I'm very sorry that you were less than satisfied with the King room you received. Please know, that our accessible rooms are identical to our standard rooms other than the bathroom and closet. As we fill our accessible rooms last, in case anyone needs them, we have no way of notifying you before check in. I do hope that if you find yourself back in the area, we can have another chance to earn your business.

Peggy G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

Thought this would be a great place to stay - given the name and reputation. Mattress was broken down, doors slamming all night. And no TV guide. The woman at the desk said we would have to flip through the channels until we found something.
Will never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, February 24, 2015
Dear Christine C,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Unfortunately, I think you may be confusing us with another hotel. We have brand new mattresses and TV guides in every room. I would really like more information about your stay to ensure that this is in fact the case. I would appreciate it if you could contact me so we could discuss it further. I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

We had the pleasure of staying over a weekend for a volleyball tournament. Diane made our stay more than wonderful. Her thoughtful actions made our stay feel just like home. She decorated the lobby with handmade sign of each volleyball team logo, as well as allowed us to reserve the lobby for a team dinner - again with handmade "reserved" signs with the team logo! They made snack bags for those players who didn't get breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel, and thank Diane for everything she does to help guests feel welcome.

• Stayed February 2015
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was excellent. Also, the staff was very polite. It was also in a pretty convenient location. For a weekend getaway in Toledo, you can't go wrong with this place.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn for one night on a road trip to Minneapolis. Check-in was smooth and efficient--taking less than five minutes. The room was clean, comfortable with plenty of towels and decent toiletries. They also included breakfast, which my husband took advantage of. We had gotten up pretty early and I didn't feel like eating, so the clerk at the front desk pointed out some "grab-and-go" bags they had set up. It had a granola bar, fruit, and water--perfect for eating on the road.

This hotel is close to the highway and numerous restaurants and stores. We had no trouble finding somewhere to eat for dinner. Overall, the hotel is in a good location, clean, and reasonably priced. We would stay again if ever passing through Toledo!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Forest Hills, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

Maybe it was because it was Christmas day but this place was not up to the usual standards of a Fairfield Inn. The front desk person could not tell us any local restaurants that were open on Christmas day, the pool area was a mess and the room was not as up to date as some I've stayed in. It was fine and I'd consider staying here again because the management reached out to me after my review that I gave them after my visit.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, January 7, 2015
Dear Mdzaug,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies that your stay at our hotel was less than satisfactory. Your feedback has been shared with my staff to ensure that future guests do not have the same issues. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will allow us another chance to host you.

Gulf Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

It's Toledo, not LA or Dallas. There are restaurants nearby, but breakfast at Waffle House was better than hotel offerings. Management dis-interested that we weren't given our preferred room type, and were forced to listen to Elephant shoes above us until 1AM. Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We requested third floor, but doesn't mean much here, because we didn't get it
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear Travelzalot08,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee. I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We pride ourselves on being able to offer our guests an exceptional experience, and I'm saddened that we came up short. I have shared your comments with my staff to ensure that future guests do not have the same experience. I hope that you will allow us the chance to make up for this on your next trip to Toledo.

Peggy G.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee? Share your experiences!