“Great Staff Maded A Favourable Impression” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great Staff Maded A Favourable Impression”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Fairfield is generally not my first choice when choosing mid-priced accommodations. I decided to stay at this location because of its proximity to the interstate and a good selection of restaurants. Also, I was concerned that my usual brand would fall short due to on-going renovations. I was quite happy about my decision. The hotel is modern, clean, and quite comfortable. Although the lobby area is small, the hallways relatively narrow, and the bathroom (in my queen room) a bit cramped, it is the staff that sets the hotel apart. I was particularly impressed by the breakfast attendant. Not only was she easy-going and affable, she was very efficient... quickly replenishing the food and clearing tables for the next guests. She greeted everyone like best friends, without overplay. The breakfast itself has the usual fare but is better quality than average... sausage patties not greasy or rubbery, the scrambled eggs moist and seemingly real! Overall, in spite of the aforementioned (and actually rather minor) issues about spaciousness, I'd stay there again without hesitation... great staff do make a difference!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hilliard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have stayed at different hotels at this exit. This hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The pool was warm and the beds were very comfortable. They have a free continental breakfast with many selections. We will stay here again when visiting family. We know that they keep the hotel clean since they were cleaning the carpets while we were out for the day. They had put a sign on our door to watch out for dampness, but the carpets were dry by the time we returned and no overpowering smells.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I booked this for a quick overnight stay, thinking "it's just a night". I travel too much, and see a lot of properties. This is nice, clean, modern. Night front desk employee made me think that she was a old friend, yep, that nice, and on a Sunday night at the end of her shift.
If you're looking, put this a the top of your list.
It's on the top of mine. :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Johnsonburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed at this establishment on our way to Chicago. It was a room with a king size bed, sofa and chair. It was clean and very nice. It didn't have a restaurant, but had lots of restaurants around it, They had an Applebees right next door. Longhorn's steak house which we went to and had an excellent meal. It also had an Outback and Cracker Barrel too. The check in desk was friendly and helpful in every way. It was really easy to find off I 80. I would really recommend it to anyone wanting a place to stay overnight along I 80 They have a free complimentary breakfast and it was great. They had a nice looking swimming pool also.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and I really don't know much about the other floors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a standard Fairfield Inn that maintains the quality of my expectation from Marriott's hotels. Clean and in a safe area. I was traveling on I-80/I-90, and I am glad that I stop here for the night, you will pay higher prices if you stay in Cleveland. The rooms are updated to the green theme of the new Fairfield look. The hotel is not right off the I-80, but a 3 to 5-min drive off the high way is not a big deal for me. The are restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Was a very clean modern feel. Great because it's close, but not to close to both turnpike and highway. There are several good restaurants in walking distance-Applebee's, longhorn, outback, cracker barrel....etc highly recommend for the price I paid $99 a night

• Stayed June 2012
Quincy, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Cheaper alternative to Courtyard located one x-way exit to N.

In town for a funeral, we stayed 3 nights. Good choice for business traveller who does not need major entertainment amenities in hotel. Walk to chain restaurants. Easy access to x-way. Free breakfast offered many choices and free paper and pretty decent coffee. Clean, newer hotel. Pleasant, friendly staff at desk, in housekeeping and at breakfast. Just what we wanted.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee? Share your experiences!