“Great start....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 18 hotels in Maumee
Three Rivers, Michigan
“Great start....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

the room was terrific on check-in. really clean, comfortable bed, nice clean pool. breakfast was simple but not bad. i paid $48/nt and was thrilled with the qualilty. second day: housekeeping blew it totally. housekeeper did *nothing* except make the bed. dirty cups laying around, coffee spots etc., on the counter... not even towels or TP left! manager said they might be "out" of linens and would have to check. (what? didnt i read this on a review here already?) anyway, he came thru and we got our towels and tp. for 3 straight days they were 'out' of milk for the breakfast cereal. great start and i will stay there again for the initial welcome cleanliness but housekeeping lazied themselves out of a tip and the mgr needs a new line.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Let me start by saying that this is a hotel that requires you to manage your expectations. I paid $44 for the night, so I wasn't expecting the Ritz. And I didn't get the Ritz. What I got was a room that was okay as an overnight stop during a long drive - exactly what I needed and expected. The bed was comfortable, the room was warm and everything worked. The person at the front desk was friendly and the check-in and checkout processes were both quick.

The furnishings were old and worn, as was the decor. I didn't care. I needed a bed and a shower and considered the free breakfast a bonus. Again, for $44 I wasn't disappointed. If I'd paid a lot more, I would've been. Consider this place a convenient one-night stopover, but don't use it if you plan a long stay. It's not a place you want to hang out in. Also note that A LOT of trains go by at night, so if you're a light sleeper, keep that in mind. It's quite possible that the same is true for all of the hotels in that area, but I don't know.

In short, if you need a cheap bed, this place is fine. If you need more than that, then spend a little more and look elsewhere or you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: You have to walk outside to get to the breakfast area, so if the weather is bad you may want to ask...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Willoughby, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Ok My reviews are usually detailed so I will begin at the front desk. A young man greets you and after about ten minutes of miming what you want since you cannot understand each other, you point to the computer and say "room". Then he gets your credit card and hands you a very old style hotel key card. My first impression at this point is that this was a formerly abandoned motel that someone just gave up on a few years ago, and is now open for business. Once I get to my room 14X, (secret) , I open the door which causes the (particle) facia board on the front of the door to crumble onto my feet, gross...It smells moist. I enter to find no AC, but the beds are made. I enter the bathroom and the grout is actually mold that comes out and sticks to the bottom of my feet. I ask for another room, but they are "booked" even though I see 3 cars in the lot. Ok -I sleep and sweat with my daughter who is here for a big sports tournament. the view out the window shows very cloudy dirty glass that either has not been cleaned in months or years, or fogged from inside... They have a wafflemaker, which is nice but the OJ is warm and nasty per my daughter. We went to McDonalds. I asked for another room in case someone checked out (for day 2) Every hotel in the area was booked at this point. I get a key to check out room 14X, nearby. I do the walk in and pull back the top cover of the nearest bed . I get real close because it looks like the specks are moving. Yep, BedBugs. I freak out and now I am convinced my previous evening sweat - fest included them as well. I am now itching. My group asked me what I was doing so I showed them the bugs, haha now they are itching. It's amazing what the mind can do.
Anyway, I went back, told them that room 14x had bedbugs, he took back the key and I just went to the sports event not knowing where I will sleep. I came back at night, and they said they got my AC running so I agreed to go back to my original room. went to the pool, which was nice and clean (believe it or not), then back to the room. The toilet was apparently running and was now flooding the bath area. I shut off the water (now they will definitely know who wrote this). I called the front desk and he showed with a plunger and a blissful smile. I asked how he was going to sop up the water and he came back a half hour later with some towels and handed them to me. I threw them down on the ground and hoped I didn't have to pee for the rest of the night. In the morning I went to Walgreens to buy bedbug killer for the suitcase and backpack. Oh, and by the way there WAS SOMEONE STAYING IN THE BUG ROOM....So they didnt really care about my little notice.
All in all I would say anyone praising this place either is a part owner or a bold face liar.

Room Tip: If you are stuck like I was, sleep in your car.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Howard, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

New owner... staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. VERY CLEAN, nicely decorated, comfortable bed, room included King bed, couch, coffee table, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, desk, dresser, and very clean bathroom with soft, plushy towels. Location was very quiet - no highway noise. Free breakfast was hot waffles, brewed coffee and orange juice. All for under $50... what a bargain. It's the BEST low-price hotel I have stayed in along Rt I-80/90. I will definitely mark it as my favorite.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Sparta, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Was supposed to get a 20% discount through Entertainment.com. Was not thrilled with the quality/condition of the room, but considering the priced I paid, I thought it acceptable.

My credit card was charged additional 33% after getting final invoice. When I called the officer, I was told that it was "probably" for a towel and washcloth. I could not get specifics as to additional charge.

I added it up and the amount I'm paying between the 2 bills is the same amount I'd have paid without the discount. Some discount! They made up the difference by fabricating trumped up charges.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Horrible Service and Bad treatment
I booked a stay at this hotel weeks in advance after searching for a reasonable rate. I have to say that you get what you pay for in this instance. When I checked in for my 6 night stay Thursday - Wed) I was told that my room would only be cleaned on Sunday and Wednesday. When I got to the room, the air conditioner was broken and leaking all over the floor, the floor was so wet it was squishy. I went down to the office immediatly and let them know. The lady on duty apparently never told anyone because the following night, I went to check on why it had not been fixed and it was not even on the worklog according to the night clerk on duty. I then called the office on Monday because my room still had not been cleaned, was told it would be the next morning because it was not put on the "list". However come Tuesday night, I was still sitting on a dirty room that I ended up cleaning myself (Took out the trash, got new towels etc). When I went to the desk the attitude that I was presented with was outrageous. I was told that their cleaning staff was "Swamped" and while I understand, I also feel that the staffing should have been better if they were that busy. The large black lady that was at the desk basically told me it was my fault the room had not been cleaned because I had my do not disturb sign on the door until about 9am when they started cleaning. When we left for the morning, the cleaning lady was 3 doors down from my room and moving in the direction of my room, she walked right by my room, which at that point the sign was removed and no longer on the door. When I expressed that I was going to leave from the hotel and wanted a refund from one of the nights I had prepaid for, I was told that I could vacate and when I asked for a number to call to complain, I was given a whole new attitude and was told that the sheriff would be called if I did not leave.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Midlothian, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Nightmare. Dirty, musty, we should have just kept driving to Chicago. Even the pool was dirty. Never again, I warn everyone to stay away.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Toledo West? Share your experiences!