“Good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Massillon, Ohio, United States
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Good food any time of day and the cost is great. Can't beat it! Glad it is still apart of Massillon.

Visited September 2012

Canton
“Cameo Grill = A Good-As-Homemade Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went to Cameo Grill to eat in for the first time. I'd eaten their hamburgers as take-out only MANY years ago. I decided to sit in this time and was nicely surprised by their menu, which actually had more on it than the Cameo burger! Sandwiches, chicken tenders, and lots of good sides. I wish they would publish their menu somewhere because I want to see a menu before venturing inside and I'd have gone more often! I also found out they run specials too. Yesterday they had quesadillas on the menu board. We ordered an original Cameo burger and a regular Cameo burger, with all the "fixings." They were quick on getting us seated and giving us our drinks and taking our order. The only surprise was when I received my onion rings long before my burger, so those were eaten and we waited at least 5-10 for the burgers. My personal preference is to receive them at the same time and next time I will request that. They are great on requests too. The OR were HOT and fresh and tasted great. Next came the burgers. If you do not like spicy/hot peppers, ask them to leave those off. I do not like them hot but tried it anyhow because I knew I'd be writing a review on the restaurant and those peppers were discarded. My husband, who loves hot peppers, said they detract from the taste of the burger. He also removed his. Next time, we ask to leave those off! The burgers: They were hot, fresh-tasting, hand-made, and FANTASTICALLY good for that type of burger. If you're going in and expecting a "Max the Knife" type burger as they have at Rockne's, forget it. These are just different. These are as good or better than the burgers you make at home. I do not eat hamburgers unless they are made at home and have not eaten them for years in a restaurant. I have to admit, I was leery about trying a hamburger and almost succumbed to those quesadillas. I am glad I did not. Upon my first bite, I realized these were just like home-made. They tasted "real" and not filled with breads or spices and all the other stuff you find in fast foods, etc. It's just a really good burger that I did not have to make and I loved that! Just the facts: The women who waited on us were friendly, chatty, and helpful. They are quick, but if they have some time they will take a moment to sit and talk with their "regulars" or the newbies too. Very pleasant, low-key atmosphere. Booths alongside the wall and tables in the center. Bar on the side. Bathrooms are one-person but since it was not busy that was not a problem. Three television sets, one with news, two with sports. It's in Massillon, so yes, there is a lot of Massillon Tigers information/pictures about the walls. Upper room apparently for overflow when it gets busier. We were there around 6 and had no problem getting seated (Thursday evening). Parking is not a problem as there is a parking lot and lots of street parking. It's not in a "great" section of Massillon but is VERY easy off and on SR 21. It's a bar and grill, so jeans are definitely "in." Prices are great, so are the burgers, and the food is more like homemade than anywhere I've been lately. But I hope they post a menu online somewhere--people should see that you have more than a burger available! Will I go again? YES! Loved the food, waitresses, and down-to-earth casual atmosphere. They also do breakfast and lunch!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“What a great little place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

So, I found this place here on trip advisor and thought Id give it a try, as I was in the mood for a burger. Well, the negative.....you feel like you are going to a questionable part of town, my apologies if this is not the case, but it sort of feels that way. The restaurant on the outside, just sort of looks like a bar, had I not read the reviews, I would have kept on driving. But we stopped and went in, and I might add, I had my 11 year old son with me, so families are welcome. Inside, it looks much like a little bar, nothing fancy. We ordered burgers and fries and sauerkraut balls. Wow, the burgers were out of this world. Homeade and made to order, fries were also homeade. Everything was fresh and very tastey. The 3 of us ate for like $20 and left stuffed. So prices are great! If you want a great burger, I would pick this place any day of the week if I were in the area. So glad I stopped!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great hometown place with awesome food at low price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Extremely reasonable prices snd excellent food! This place is an oldet building and beats a chain restaurant anyday!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, TN
“Great Burger Dive in Massillon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Cameo Grill is decked out in pure Massillon Tiger decor. This is a nod to the the local high school team. There are several selections of burgers and the pre-requisite fried goods. Portions are large and tasty. Service is prompt and friendly. If you are in the area and need your burger fix, you want to give this a try.

• Visited December 2011