“Felt like a home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mason
New York City, New York
“Felt like a home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed 6days during in April with the group who were playing the baseball championship. Manager was very accommodating. During our stay he was on top of the things like making
copies of the ground, directions to the stadium and recommending a different places to see and eat. Breakfast was very good and the property was very clean. I will definitely stay here if I am back in Cincinnati area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
BestWesternMasonInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mason Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review the Best Western Mason Inn. Our staff goes out of its way to make sure our guests can get around Cincinnati like natives and have a fulfilling experience, in addition to providing clean rooms and a hearty breakfast at a fair price. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Cincinnati and hope you make it to the baseball championship again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Canton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Arrived very late on a Friday night. The manager had our key and paperwork ready to go before we arrived. There was a problem on my end, buy manager said it was late, don't worry about it, can be done in the morning. Room was clean, and had a good night sleep. Took care of missing paperwork no problem next morning. There was a computer I could use in lobby with an actual working printer. Had a nice breakfast (lots of choices, hot and cold, and stuff like fresh fruit) and left. Would return there if going to the Kings Island area.

Room Tip: We had room on top floor at the end. Lots of kids in the hotel that night but didn't hear to mu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BestWesternMasonInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mason Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the Best Western Mason Inn. It can be rough dealing with certain things after a long drive, and our staff does what it can to make the check-in process quick and painless. I am very happy that you got a good nights sleep, enjoyed the breakfast, and had the opportunity to use our business center. I noticed your tip--personally, I cannot remember the last time I had a noise complaint. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you come to the Cincinnati/Mason area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Our basketball team is visiting from NC and we were originally staying in another hotel until we realized it was uninhabitable. Best Western gave our team an awesome deal. The rooms are clean, breakfast was delicious and the staff went out of there way to make us feel at home. I had some business to complete that required retrieving email and scanning a document to send back. The General Manager, Atul Patel, stopped what he was doing to assist me. We were running late for an early morning game and he told me not to worry, that he would take care of it. On the way to the game, I checked my sent messages and it was done. These guys are amazing!!!!!! I will definitely make this my go to hotel when visiting Cincinnati!!!!!!

Charlotte Anderson Purnell
:-)

• Stayed June 2013
We at the Best Western Mason Inn are just so pleased we had a chance to meet you and accommodate your team. I am especially happy Andy could help you with that paperwork! It can be stressful being away from home and having deadlines, we have all been there. Our hotel is blessed with employees who truly care, see hospitality as a way of life, and regularly go out of their ways to help guests in all types of situations. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience, and we are certainly looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Cincinnati area!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

i have stayed here 2 nights with my kids. Hotel is clean and staff is very friendly. They have good healthy Hot B. fast in the morning. We love their pool and my kids... they are just do not want to get out. hotel itself is very clean. We have booked 2 beds and it was clean with nice big room, flat screen TV. it is very close to kings island. Thank you for the clean room and comfy stay. We will be back again if we are in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor>> they have elevator.
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing the Best Western Mason Inn and taking the time to review your stay. From our housekeeping staff to our desk clerks, we have an extremely friendly team that goes out of its way to make sure each guest is greeted by a warm smile and the cleanest room possible. I am just so pleased your children had the opportunity to enjoy the pool, and on the behalf of our entire team, we hope to see you again soon!
Pewee Valley, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I took some tests at nearby Pearson Professional Center (less than a mile away), so the testing center's address lead me to finding this nearby hotel. When I got there (middle of the week), the person at check-in was super friendly and helpful; when I mentioned why I was in town, and the need for quiet so I could study over some materials, he upgraded me to a King Suite at no extra charge and put me in a "quiet corner" of the third floor. Granted, the upgrade was easy to do since there was only a dozen people probably staying there, but since I already was already getting AAA discount, he didn't have to do that. I was touched, and thankful.

The King Suite was extremely clean (you could smell like the place had been scrubbed a few minutes before I got in -- and this is a good thing!). Wifi is steady and plentiful, and best of all, free. The suite has a divider that you can close a set of double doors from the "bedroom" to the "living room." Each has its own flat screen TV. The suite has a couch, coffee table, and desk, and plenty of closet and furniture space to put away clothes and other items. There was a large mini-fridge and a microwave. The shower was strong and the water stayed very hot. Plenty of plugs for electronics; most of the lamps have a plug in at their bases, so no fumbling with outlets behind furniture. The bed was okay -- I've been in more luxurious hotel mattresses, I suppose, but I slept just fine. The free full breakfast was a nice extra touch; pour your own waffles, help yourselves to sausage and eggs or toast some bread. OJ, lemonade and coffee were on tap. (I should mention that the staff member helping to stock the breakfast food was friendly and smiling.) There was a small indoor pool and hot tub that I didn't partake, but I saw others enjoying themselves. The hotel itself is right off I 71 with plenty of restaurants and gas stations a half mile either way.

There were a few negatives. No room service or adjoined bar/restaurant (although several, like a Chick Fil A, are within walking distance next door). The TV guide printed on the signage seems out of date; some channels that were supposed to be included, like HBO, didn't work, and others actually on the TV weren't on the list. Unfortunately, no pop up guide, or pay per view movies either. The control door to my A/C unit was broke, but the A/C itself worked just fine. The room felt very long and narrow, but for one person or a couple, I don't see this as a problem. For a family that was planning a lot of time in the room, it might feel a bit cramped.

Still, all in all, a lot of amenities for a reasonable price, and great customer service. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a room away from noisy families, ask. Remember, Mason is one exit away from Kings Island...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We frequently have guests who come to the area for training and testing events, and we always do our best to help them do their best. The suites are nice because there is a door that shuts and locks between the two rooms, not just a divider. Families often book the suite so their kids can have their "own" hotel room, and people with important business to concentrate on book it because there is a room in which you can relax and one in which you can work. I hope you did well on your boards, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Cincinnati/Mason area!
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

my king bed room is clean and smells NICE!! the ceiling is HIGH!!! the price is RIGHT!!!

the best part? getting a ground floor room near the side exit and walking fifty feet to the WAFFLE HOUSE!!!!!!

I now have "GO-TO" lodging in place for my future trips to King's Island!! THIS PLACE ROCKS!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
BestWesternMasonInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mason Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We are just so pleased that you have a “go-to” spot for your visits to King’s Island, and even more happy that it is us! The rooms are spacious, clean, and, you are right, the ceilings really are high—every time I am in a room, I look up and smile at that. We use guest reviews as a measure for improvement, but it is nice to hear that we are doing things right. See you again soon!
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very clean, quiet, convenient. Breakfast is so-so, but hey, it's free! Nice pool, hot tub. The room is nice, and the price is great! I would recommend making a reservation during busy season. Even when the hotel is full the rooms a still quiet. We stay here every time we travel to visit our daughter.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you visit your daughter, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! When our guests are happy, we are happy, and we do that by prioritizing cleanliness, comfort, and customer service. You are absolutely correct; during the summer months, a reservation is recommended, since our hotel fills up very quickly. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN Mason Inn? Share your experiences!