“Efficient, economic, clean, and GREAT customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get up to 20% off
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Pewee Valley, Kentucky
“Efficient, economic, clean, and GREAT customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I took some tests at nearby Pearson Professional Center (less than a mile away), so the testing center's address lead me to finding this nearby hotel. When I got there (middle of the week), the person at check-in was super friendly and helpful; when I mentioned why I was in town, and the need for quiet so I could study over some materials, he upgraded me to a King Suite at no extra charge and put me in a "quiet corner" of the third floor. Granted, the upgrade was easy to do since there was only a dozen people probably staying there, but since I already was already getting AAA discount, he didn't have to do that. I was touched, and thankful.

The King Suite was extremely clean (you could smell like the place had been scrubbed a few minutes before I got in -- and this is a good thing!). Wifi is steady and plentiful, and best of all, free. The suite has a divider that you can close a set of double doors from the "bedroom" to the "living room." Each has its own flat screen TV. The suite has a couch, coffee table, and desk, and plenty of closet and furniture space to put away clothes and other items. There was a large mini-fridge and a microwave. The shower was strong and the water stayed very hot. Plenty of plugs for electronics; most of the lamps have a plug in at their bases, so no fumbling with outlets behind furniture. The bed was okay -- I've been in more luxurious hotel mattresses, I suppose, but I slept just fine. The free full breakfast was a nice extra touch; pour your own waffles, help yourselves to sausage and eggs or toast some bread. OJ, lemonade and coffee were on tap. (I should mention that the staff member helping to stock the breakfast food was friendly and smiling.) There was a small indoor pool and hot tub that I didn't partake, but I saw others enjoying themselves. The hotel itself is right off I 71 with plenty of restaurants and gas stations a half mile either way.

There were a few negatives. No room service or adjoined bar/restaurant (although several, like a Chick Fil A, are within walking distance next door). The TV guide printed on the signage seems out of date; some channels that were supposed to be included, like HBO, didn't work, and others actually on the TV weren't on the list. Unfortunately, no pop up guide, or pay per view movies either. The control door to my A/C unit was broke, but the A/C itself worked just fine. The room felt very long and narrow, but for one person or a couple, I don't see this as a problem. For a family that was planning a lot of time in the room, it might feel a bit cramped.

Still, all in all, a lot of amenities for a reasonable price, and great customer service. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a room away from noisy families, ask. Remember, Mason is one exit away from Kings Island...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BestWesternMasonInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mason Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We frequently have guests who come to the area for training and testing events, and we always do our best to help them do their best. The suites are nice because there is a door that shuts and locks between the two rooms, not just a divider. Families often book the suite so their kids can have their "own" hotel room, and people with important business to concentrate on book it because there is a room in which you can relax and one in which you can work. I hope you did well on your boards, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Cincinnati/Mason area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

my king bed room is clean and smells NICE!! the ceiling is HIGH!!! the price is RIGHT!!!

the best part? getting a ground floor room near the side exit and walking fifty feet to the WAFFLE HOUSE!!!!!!

I now have "GO-TO" lodging in place for my future trips to King's Island!! THIS PLACE ROCKS!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
BestWesternMasonInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mason Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We are just so pleased that you have a “go-to” spot for your visits to King’s Island, and even more happy that it is us! The rooms are spacious, clean, and, you are right, the ceilings really are high—every time I am in a room, I look up and smile at that. We use guest reviews as a measure for improvement, but it is nice to hear that we are doing things right. See you again soon!
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very clean, quiet, convenient. Breakfast is so-so, but hey, it's free! Nice pool, hot tub. The room is nice, and the price is great! I would recommend making a reservation during busy season. Even when the hotel is full the rooms a still quiet. We stay here every time we travel to visit our daughter.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you visit your daughter, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! When our guests are happy, we are happy, and we do that by prioritizing cleanliness, comfort, and customer service. You are absolutely correct; during the summer months, a reservation is recommended, since our hotel fills up very quickly. We hope to see you again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our stay at the Best Western Mason Inn was great. The check-in staff was very friendly, & our room was very clean overall. The breakfast was well stocked each morning, & the price was very affordable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It makes me happy and proud to hear that you had a great stay with us. All of our staff--from the housekeepers to the breakfast attendant, maintenance staff to front desk--really take pride in making guests feel welcomed and right at home. We hope to see you again soon!
Carleton, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nice looking outside. Loved the bigger refrigerator with freezer, close to Kings Island, port outlets for cell phones, etc., more than a standard fitness room. Did not like the small bathroom and sink is outside in bedroom, bed and pillows are not comfy, no tv guide for tv.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Best Western Mason Inn. We will consider your feelings about the pillows when it comes time to order more, thank you for bringing it to my attention! For a while, our channel guides were missing due to the fact that the channel listing had changed. Our new ones are updated, printed, and in every room!
Galion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This motel is very busy because of being near Kings Island. They have a nice indoor pool and a good start breakfast that is tended to at all times. The rooms have table lamps on each side of the bed that have outlets built into them which is very nice for my wife and I have c-paps that we must plug in each night. A very nice motel.

Room Tip: This motel is three stories but has one elevator which is busy but adequate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BestWesternMasonInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mason Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to meet and exceed guests' expectations, and it seems like we did for you. I am so pleased our lamps' outlets allowed you to easily plug in your c-paps. We sincerely hope that the next time you are in the Mason/Cincinnati area, you will visit us again!
Cordova, Tn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Best Western Motel in Mason, Ga. is a great place to stay. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. The rooms were clean - I had a King and supplies of towel and etc were large , soft and plentiful. The motel has an exercise room and inside pool with hot tub. Easily accessible from I-71 with major name brand restaurants - fast food - gas stations - close by - Walmart is about 3/4 mile away. I would recommend this MOTEL. The King I had was was reasonable priced.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and I didn't notice any heavy excess traffic noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Best Western Mason Inn. We are very proud of our staff--they are all very kind, caring, and want nothing but our guests to have an excellent stay. We are situated far enough off of I-71 that you do not have to worry about the noise, but not so far that will get lost finding us. You are absolutely right, we have a large quantity of dining options in the vicinity. The next time you come to Cincinnati, please visit us again!

Been to BEST WESTERN Mason Inn? Share your experiences!