“Dissapointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Mason

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Mason to your Saves list
Super 8 Mason
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5589 Kings Mills Road, Mason, OH 45040 (Formerly Kings Mills Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #15 of 18 hotels in Mason
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
“Dissapointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

They seem to work on a different clock than I do. Check in at three but don't expect a room then, i had to wait for it to be ready. When I got to the room it look like it was only half cleaned. The A/C did work and it was relatively quiet. Breakfast the next morning was from 6:30-9:30. At 6:45 they only had coffee and cold cereal. A few minutes later she had some waffle mix out but no syrup. She said there would be some biscuit and gravy soon but at 7:00 I gave up and went back to the room and got ready to checkout. What can I say but that it was cheap and a good location for my purpose, If I had been traveling with my spouse, we would have gone some where else

Room Tip: A tip to get a good room is to look elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Ok to a little Sketchy 8 may be a better name for this hotel. I waited a few days after returning from this Super 8 to try to see if time would perhaps give me a different perspective. I thought that perhaps since I am used to business travel and this was to be a "place to just rest my head " with the family while visiting King's Island that it would be more than perfect. I thought that even if we all ate breakfast ( 6 of us travelling and stayed in 2 rooms) that for 2 days we could get our money's worth. But.. we could hardly get breakfast for the crowds on the first morning because of the lack of food and inoperable waffle maker. Ended up going to the McDonalds the next day. Just not worth the hassle. However, I must say that prior to arrival I spoke with a nice gentleman on the phone that sounded hospitable and made arrangements for a roll away bed for me ( which wasn't available when we checked in at 4pm... When we got the bed, it has very long hairs in the blanket it came with. Upon check in the young lady hardle would look at me, spoke as if she didn't care and gave us the room keys without even telling us how to get to the room or providing a map... But... we got there. Rooms were ok, a little musty but again, we were just looking for a place to rest our heads. There was no door between the bathroom and the mirror/sink which made gettign ready in teh morning more tricky because no one wanted to be using the bathroom while someone was getting ready. Behind the toilet where the plaster and shower meet was sperating and you could visibly see mold growign and plster tearing away. The pool was decent and thought it was nice that the pool was open till midnight, unti we went to the pool about 9 when the pool was really crowded and a drunk lady yelling and carrying on. I took the 2 kids and just decided to retire for the night to shower and get ready for the morning. WE TOOK THE ROOM TOWELS TO THE POOL AND USED THEM DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SCOLDED BY THE FRONT DESK. No joke, she sid "Why did you take the room towels, if everyone took the room towels then we would run out of towels for everyone else. There are pool towels at the pool for that!. " I said politley I wasn't aware that there were pool towels at the pool but now know. I tried to de-escalate the situation. PErhaps she was having a bad day.... She did give me 4 towels. So if you go here, dont' take the room towels to the pool and don't ask for more towels. You may get scolded by a 20 something lady, which was really rude. Beds were fine, linens seemed clean and the pillows were nice. Location was great. When we returned from our first day at King's Island we came back to rooms not cleaned and beds unmade. But.. We did have new towels, shampoo and washcloths. The second room has thier beds made and room cleaned. Don't know what happened there. Would I do it again? Well... I think I'd try the Microtel even though they don't have a pool. It did serve a purpose for 6 people to travel for 2 nights in 2 rooms for around 250.00. I think if the breakfast had been better I would have felt better. Or consider going to breakfast early, like when it opens and then do whatever you need. If nothing else, it will give the kids stories to laugh about when they are older about when we took then to King's Island and stayed at the Sketchy 8 ( this is what my kids call it).

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because it had Big Rig parking. You could get maybe 4 trucks in this area!!. Beds were hard. Rooms were pretty clean. Staff OK but indifferent to us. Close to Kings Island and would have expected a little better from this chain. Would stay here again only if no other accomodations were available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Mason? Share your experiences!